Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-22, 02:03 PM  
ChelePA

Kim...did you get the crazy snow squall...wow!!!

Peloton workouts included 10 minutes of core. 10 minutes of light weights focusing on chest and back then 10 minutes of heavy weights (not so heavy for me) with the same focus. Finished with 10 minutes of arms and shoulder strength. I then added on a 20 minute pop cycling class and 15 minute total body stretch. I really enjoyed the stretch...lots of pointers on positioning, etc. He's a great yoga coach so I am not surprised how detailed he was in this class.

I definitely can see why people enjoy Cathe's on demand versus pulling out various dvds if you want to combine a variety of workouts. I think that's why I am using Peloton so much because filtering is so easy on the app to stack classes. The Peloton group posts the monthly calendar, and I can just add them on to my account. Plus the grouping of classes usually has multiple instructors daily. Nice to mix it up.

Happy Saturday!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-22, 08:18 PM  
Mickey12

Chele yes! We had that snow squall too! It was crazy! I’m so glad I wasn’t driving when it happened. I looked out the window and couldn’t see any of the back yard. Just all white. Wow.

Cataddict I’m sorry you’re still struggling with your pain and trying to find what helps in therapy. Sending of lots of encouraging hugs.

My husband and I tackled putting up new vertical blinds for the spare bedroom today. We work well together but it took way longer than I thought it would. I was happy when we were done. I know he was dreading it and I was dreading it because I knew he really didn’t want to do it. But it’s done now and they look nice.

Tonight I did another new workout. I purchased The Daniel Plan used from Mary. It’s a faith-based set of 4 workouts with a meal plan. I did the first cardio workout and was surprised to see Stephanie Huckabee leading part of it. The workout was ok, drills repeated twice. Nothing too exciting but it got the job done. I’m still feeling a little achy in my knees, fingers and ankles so I didn’t really feel like anything too strenuous.

Hope everyone has a good evening.
Old 02-20-22, 10:52 AM  
ChelePA

Manleym… I tried that Kassandra yoga for thyroid and adrenal hormone balance. Way too difficult for me at this point especially since she holds the positions for so long. Hopefully in the future I can try it again.

Today my Peloton workouts included 10 minutes of core, 20 minutes of treadmill walking, then a 10 minute yoga flow focusing on hamstrings. I added on TBP 20 minutes low impact. Very simple moves so it was right up my alley.

Hoping everyone is having a nice weekend!
Old 02-20-22, 02:19 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hey All!

A couple of things I wanted to comment on previously but forgot.... for Chele, first, any time I fall asleep while meditating I'm totally ok with it -- I know people say you shouldn't fall asleep, but the way I see it is that I probably need that sleep! And, I meant to say that I have had hoka one one's that I loved and the foot doctor recommended them for my husband, too. He likes them, though he got some sort of really cushy Sketchers that he prefers.

Kim, I think I know exactly about the feeling of not wanting to do a job with your husband because he doesn't want to do it. I hate that! Always good to have those things done!

I did another CL this morning -- the 80's style cardio low impact. I didn't do the whole thing -- my wifi started freezing and I got frustrated but did get a good half hour of work. Again my heart rate didn't get as high as with TBP -- I'm really surprised.

I'm thinking about visiting my son in NY in mid-March for his spring break. I was thinking I could get away without having a car but I think things are far enough apart that we'd need one. But..... I have only driven in snow once in my life so I'm really intimidated by it. Not sure what to do about all this..... part of me wants to go and part of me just wants to stay home. I think he could use a change of pace, so I'm mostly going for his mental health. I have to keep reminding myself that.

Hope everyone is enjoying a nice three day weekend!!
Old 02-20-22, 03:18 PM  
ChelePA

Bee… thanks for the information on the Hoka one. I did see that as a preferred choice for many in some of my research. I also just wanted to say I wish I was fully recovered and able to drive. I would’ve definitely met up with you in New York when you are visiting. Hoping some day to meet Kim It’s definitely a 50-50 shot of us getting snow at that time. I’m not sure what part of New York your son goes to school. So the chances may increase depending on his location.
Old 02-20-22, 05:57 PM  
manleym

cataddict I've never tried Wave Sky. Sounds like Kim is liking them so I may need to check them out. They may have more cushioning than the Rider. That's one reason I like the Rider - just enough cushioning and weight for me. I'm so sorry you're dealing with so much pain. That. just. stinks....Hoping PT will continue to help.

Kim doesn't any home project take alot longer than expected?!? Same with us. We work well together too but it always seems like something that should take 5 minutes turns into 5 hours. With multiple trips to Home Depot. Glad ya'll are done and that the blinds look good.

ChelePA sorry that the Kassandra workout was too hard for you at this point. You are rockin' the Peleton workouts! Glad Bee mentioned Hoka One - that was the shoe I was thinking about.

Kittybug my brother is getting over covid and doesn't have his smell or taste back yet. Hope yours is coming back.

KateTT I ordered some Punch Gunk. Thanks for the recommendation. That stuff is gold though for a small tube! Thinking a little bit will go a long way.

Bee totally understand the struggle. It is scary driving in snow if you're not used to it. Could you Uber or would that be too expensive? I know your son would love to see you and of course you want to see him.

Nathalie we haven't been able to watch everything either because of the time differences. We're going to try to watch some of it on Peacock to catch up.

Olympic stuff: That ROC scandal was just a disaster and her coaches should be the ones responsible. I felt badly for the girl who won gold because all of the attention was on this girl and the scandal (sorry can't remember her name) and on the girl who won silver but was throwing a fit because she didn't win gold after doing all the crazy hard jumps. The girl who won gold was just standing there all by herself for awhile while all of the attention was on the other 2 ROC skaters and their drama. Finally someone went over to hug the girl who won gold. I felt her thunder had been stolen. And then the girl who won bronze had a meltdown. Just WAY too much pressure on these young girls.

And poor Mikaela Shiffrin didn't have the Olympics she had hoped for. That was sad, but part of the games. And Shaun White retiring. Sad he fell on his last run. Did ya'll see Eileen Gu? She was AMAZING!! She won a medal in every event she competed in, I think. She graduated high school a year early, has insane SAT scores, going to Stanford with a crazy smart degree, is a model, seems so sweet and kind...just one of those people who can do everything really, really well. And of course she works for it and definitely earned it.

Workouts:
Wednesday - CL #31 High/Low Hiit (LOVED! FLEW! Hard! Based on the RwH DVDs; mixture of both the high and low impact moves from those workouts; ends with a tough core section; like a bonus premix from RwH)

Thursday - Caroline Fused Glutes & Core Workout - Giant Circuits EPIC Endgame Day 33 (LOVED! Mostly BW; buns were toasted; used Cathe’s blue band) + 20 Min Glute Isolation Workout Activation or Finisher [Ankle Weights Optional] (BURNED! GREAT!)

Friday - Caroline Peaked Full Body Workout - Pyramid Training EPIC Endgame Day 34 (LOVED! FLEW! HARD!) + 10 Min Weighted Abs - Dumbbell Ab Workout

Saturday - CL #383 Functional Fitness Circuit (Loved! Great meatbolic workout; Flew; not sure there was anything new in this workout as far as moves but I did like it and will do it again) + guided by angie 10 Min Cool Down + Stretch- end your workout right!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-22, 06:58 PM  
manleym

Just saw on the news that today is National Love Your Pet Day.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-22, 08:05 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
Just saw on the news that today is National Love Your Pet Day.
Well that’s a great day, for sure!
Old 02-21-22, 09:56 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Well that’s a great day, for sure!
Agree!!!
Old 02-21-22, 09:59 AM  
ChelePA

Peloton workouts. 10 minutes of core. 30 minutes of legs and glutes. Standing and floor work. 20 minute Reflection Ride. Theme was WHAT IF I CAN. Finished with a full body stretch.

Tags
fierce watulans, watulan check-in