Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-31-21, 09:37 AM  
Diana3271

Thumbs up January 2022 ~ Walk On & On ~ New Check-In Buddies Are Always Welcome!

What started as a Leslie walk challenge has morphed into a wide variety of workouts and lots of support and encouragement! Join us, if you're looking for a friendly check-in, that's not limited to one type of exercise!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-21, 02:37 PM  
lynnf

not quite January, but checking in with barre 3 warm up 15 minutes and yoga flow 30. Wishing everyone a very happy New Year. My mom seems to be doing well, thanks. We are settling in for a big change in the temps as a serious cold front moves in the for New Year and we finally see winter.

Linda, so glad you figured out why you were in such pain and are getting relief.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-22, 08:37 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Linda How are you doing?

Steps from yesterday: 7,854

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 01-01-22, 01:43 PM  
seabliss

Happy New Year! It turns out the the 12-week challenge starts tomorrow, so I did something not so crazy today - low-impact cardio and legs from Heather. Yesterday I got more than 10k steps.

Anyone else trying to eat cleaner this month?

Linda, so glad you solved the pain problem. I had a kidney infection back when I was first married. Very painful! I was put on an IV for an afternoon and then sent home with antibiotics. They help so much.

Lynn, glad your mother is doing ok. It's going to get a little colder here too, but not like where you are, I'm sure!

Diana, my sister is doing ok. She got past the covid (now testing negative) but has some kind of bacterial infection, like often a cold will move into. She has a history of bronchitis and pneumonia. But she's on antibiotics now too.

Cynthia, hope you had a peaceful New Year celebration! I'm with you on avoiding the contradance for now.
Old 01-01-22, 04:47 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Happy New Year! Thank you, Diana, for starting our new year with this wonderful group.

Cheryl, I intend to eat more vegetables! So glad your sister has beat the covid.

Diana, what did you cook for NYE? I'm guessing it included blackeyed peas.

Lynn, did you decide about the melt subscription?

Linda, I hope you continue to feel better.

Check-in: Kettlenetics Flowmotion. The pool has been closed for the holidays and cleaning. It's been really cold (for around here), in the 50*s. Planning to go to the pool on Monday. I'll see if my post-swim parka and warm boots will get me to the car without freezing. I have Ugg knockoffs that were $10 at Grocery Outlet.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-22, 06:07 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Hi. I've been hungry all day eating everything I can have that isn't much work. Meow and I are still on the bed napping off and on.
The ultrasound showed a small cyst on each kidney. I suppose someone will have to figure out if the back pain is from that or if there really is a torn muscle. I don't want to spend $$$$ on transportation to PT if I don't have to.

Cheryl, I had a kidney infection in the early 70's but I don't remember it being this painful. I was in so much pain I couldn't imagine climbing into the ambulance. Then I remembered I had leftover pain meds from surgery last year. I should've gone anyway but transportation is such a pain for me I don't know how I would've come home. The info I had at the time was a torn muscle, not an infection.

I have no eating or exercise plans. It's just another day to me.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-22, 06:57 PM  
Diana3271

Cynthia My DH prefers tiny field peas over black eyed peas, although he does like black eyed peas. The field peas are more red in color. This will give you an idea of what they look like: https://allens.com/tiny-tender-field-peas-snaps I made braised pork chops, the field peas, rice, collard greens, cornbread, sweet tea, and we shared a single slice of store bought coconut cake. A lot of people make hoppin john, which prepares the black eyed peas with the rice. DH will eat that, but he prefers them cooked separate. The rice on the bottom with the peas on the top.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 01-01-22, 07:15 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Diana, yum.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-22, 08:13 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Diana, pork and cornbread. I can't have either but I would've eaten it anyway.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-22, 09:22 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Cynthia I would like to get back into swimming, too.

Linda I hope you don't have two problems. Hopefully they can get it narrowed down to one thing.

Cheryl My "goal" is to get back on track and be consistent. I want to be consistent with my strength workouts as well as my eating.

Waving Hi to Lynn

Check-In: KCM's Your Best Body Workout One, no rests, Two 45 minute walks

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana