Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-21, 06:48 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I hope someone does a Dexter recap on you tube before the new episodes are on. I do not have any desire to watch the last season again! Our favorite season was the season with John Lithgow.
That's the season I'm on right now in my current binge. I like to watch the whole series every couple of years I originally had started re-watching Chuck, but then I realized I was more in the mood for Hannah McKay than Sarah Walker, haha. Dexter's female counterparts in the show are pretty interesting. Julia Stiles' season was pretty good, and I like it more each time I watch it. Sgt. Doakes was my favorite of all the characters in the series, though.
Old 05-25-21, 08:20 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

We're about to visit my MIL for the first time in a year and a half. She's 89 and has no WIFI, no streaming services, no computer, no cell phone service in the area, etc. So, I bought a couple of DVD sets of Seasons 6 & 7 of When Calls the Heart. I'm expecting to binge watch them while we visit her.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-21, 09:53 PM  
BunnyHop

In addition to listening to dvds while I craft, I've been listening to audio books.

I have some on cd that I play in my bedside player at night, and others ripped to mp3 or USB stick to listen to in the car or out walking.

Lately I'm on an Anthony Trollope kick. Made it most of the way through The Barchester Chronicles and have just started the first of the Pallisers series. Romantic soap opera, set in the Victorian era. The stories are huge and he uses a million words to describe pretty much every detail. Perfect to doze off to.

When I need to be awake I listen to something like Jane Austen or Charles Dickens. Good stories that aren't too dark or violent. Well, mostly. Dickens can be sorta bleak, LOL!
Old 05-26-21, 07:17 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
Lately I'm on an Anthony Trollope kick. Made it most of the way through The Barchester Chronicles and have just started the first of the Pallisers series. Romantic soap opera, set in the Victorian era. The stories are huge and he uses a million words to describe pretty much every detail. Perfect to doze off to.
Haha. I recently started Dr. Thorne and ended up bailing after a few chapters because sooo.many.words.

I love Jane Austen, I love British period stuff...I loved the Dr. Thorne miniseries. But yeah...that was too much for me.
alisoncooks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-21, 08:02 AM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
Haha. I recently started Dr. Thorne and ended up bailing after a few chapters because sooo.many.words.

I love Jane Austen, I love British period stuff...I loved the Dr. Thorne miniseries. But yeah...that was too much for me.
LOL!!! I listen to them as I doze off at night, and I don't want to race through the story, so all those words work to my advantage, but I can see how they might be an issue. It's not as though I were holding the book all that time. With these, I can see why novels back then were printed in three volumes.
Old 05-26-21, 08:26 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by killoffsonny View Post
I'm watching The Flight Attendant on HBO Max. Finished Mare of Easttown a few days ago.
I thought Mare of Easttown had one more episode which won't be released until this coming Sunday?
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-21, 01:14 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
That's the season I'm on right now in my current binge. I like to watch the whole series every couple of years I originally had started re-watching Chuck, but then I realized I was more in the mood for Hannah McKay than Sarah Walker, haha. Dexter's female counterparts in the show are pretty interesting. Julia Stiles' season was pretty good, and I like it more each time I watch it. Sgt. Doakes was my favorite of all the characters in the series, though.
https://screenrant.com/dexter-season...NXhRVbRB8yUI_s

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-21, 06:31 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1013 View Post
Right now I'm watching both Mare of Easttown and Hacks on HBO. Jean Smart is in both and I love her!

Also, the current season of The Handmaid's Tale which is completely depressing but I'm riveted nontheless.
I've been trying to bring myself to watch the 3rd season of The Handmaid's Tale but I just can't do it yet. Maybe because of the year we've been through. I want to finish the series though.
Old 05-26-21, 07:17 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
My phone also sent me this same article. It's like it knows (Of course it does) I'm looking forward to this almost as much as Season 4 of Cobra Kai!
Old 05-28-21, 05:24 PM  
red1013

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi View Post
I've been trying to bring myself to watch the 3rd season of The Handmaid's Tale but I just can't do it yet. Maybe because of the year we've been through. I want to finish the series though.
It's so well acted but just so bleak! I'm glad they only release one episode a week, that's all I can take. The current season is a little more action oriented and that helps too.

Tags
binge watch, favorite tv shows, off topic