Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-09-22, 08:20 PM  
hedygs
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
Just read that Bob Saget died from trauma to the head. He hit the back of his head and went to sleep and it seems like he never woke up. So sad.

Erica
Yes I just read that. So incredibly sad.
hedygs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-22, 10:31 AM  
kat999

That is terrifying. I fell at home a couple of years ago and hit my face; managed not to break my nose or other bones per an X-ray I got weeks later, and I stupidly did not go to the ER or anything because it was the middle of the night. I just went to sleep. Obviously I lived and did get things checked out, but I truly think I had a concussion and didn't realize it. If that happened again, I would 100% go to the ER, even with COVID swirling.

Bob was pretty tall; I have to wonder if he did something so, so common for tall people: bump his head on a high cabinet or even a doorway threshold. My tall husband is constantly doing stuff like that.

ETA: Yes, the internet confirms he was 6'4". My husband is 6'5". I'm going to extra warn him from now on to be SUPER careful!
Old 02-10-22, 10:36 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
That is terrifying. I fell at home a couple of years ago and hit my face; managed not to break my nose or other bones per an X-ray I got weeks later, and I stupidly did not go to the ER or anything because it was the middle of the night. I just went to sleep. Obviously I lived and did get things checked out, but I truly think I had a concussion and didn't realize it. If that happened again, I would 100% go to the ER, even with COVID swirling.

Bob was pretty tall; I have to wonder if he did something so, so common for tall people: bump his head on a high cabinet or even a doorway threshold. My tall husband is constantly doing stuff like that.

!
I just got a concussion a month ago from hitting my head hard on an open cabinet. I didn't think anything of it at the time even though it hurt a lot since everyone does that. I didn't go to the ER because my symptoms didn't seem dangerous. However, over a month later, I still have symptoms. I saw a doctor a couple of weeks ago and he said I could have symptoms for weeks or months. They symptoms are debilitating at times.

So, yes, be super careful. My family feels so bad for me (I'm also recovering from foot reconstruction surgery). My son asked me what he can do for me and I told him to wear a helmet.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-22, 10:47 AM  
Gams

I have a friend who tripped going down his basement stairs about a month ago. He hit his head and died.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-22, 11:31 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I have a friend who tripped going down his basement stairs about a month ago. He hit his head and died.
Oh, that's awful. I'm so sorry.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
in memory, off topic, off-topic, rest in peace 2021