Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-19-22, 08:01 PM  
Lorelai

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
The biggest problem I see with people regarding Essentrics (well, any exercise program with frontal flexion) and form is not pulling the tailbone down or having a small pelvic tilt when the arms are extended in front of the body. I sound like a broken record, and just yesterday did an "Essentrics 101" for my clients on Zoom. That lengthening of the sacrum is what is providing space between those lower back vertebrae and preventing loading up your lumbar spine.

If anyone has trouble with this, please message me and I'll do a free Zoom so we can figure out why you're having pain.
I just might take you up on this! I didn't mean to imply that Essentrics caused my pain, it just seemed to exacerbate the pain I was already having if that makes sense? I feel like my SI joint pops in and out at times especially if I'm getting out of the car or standing up from sitting. I've been sticking to episode 1020 back pain relief which is all floor and that seems to help... But I think my issues are weak stabilizing muscles including core, as well as an SI joint that is a little bit hyper mobile. I figure that is due to the stress of three pregnancies and long-standing muscle weaknesses, diastasis recti causing me to have no abdominal support, etc. I found Annie Pilates physical therapy on YouTube and she has an SI joint video that is really good too. I've been trying to avoid the pelvic " shearing " that lunge positions create which is why I've stuck to floor exercises right now, and also it's easier for me to access my glute muscles when I'm not standing. My quads want to take over.

Not meaning to hijack the thread or anything... I did have the same problems with Jessica, I just didn't understand why at the time. This might be why her strength routines in particular have never jived with me very well.

"Practice makes progress." Jessica Smith

"There's always an option before we quit." Jessica Smith

"You don't have to be a ballerina to feel like one." Ellen Barrett
Lorelai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fusion, jessica smith, seinfeld, stretch, strong + centered, strong+centered series, sunny workouts