Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-20-21, 05:25 AM  
Helen

LILI
• You're right about the end in sight - panels were installed TODAY, and tomorrow they'll do all the fiddly bits to finish.
• Are you still fully enjoying Phala? Or is it more 'perservering' now?
• Glad you're over the side-effects. Sleep is my go-to for feeling awful - so I completely avoid it!

CLEDA
Have you been Pokemon hunting lately?
How are you finding the meditation?
How's the New Year dietary crackdown going?
Mine's going ok - not at all, though not yet great, and definitely better than "last year".

Sunday
Michelle Bridges - Tight, Toned, Terrific - various parts (It's like a 10 min solution but with more parts that are shorter).
Monday
Christi Taylor - Solid Gold Step for choreo Monday.

Holidays?
Sat: 2.5 hrs work
Sun: 1.5 hrs work
Mon: 1 hr work
but in the right direction
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-21, 05:13 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Checking in

Helen: Sadly, only a little bit of Pokemon Hunting. Dh doesn't play any more, so it kind of took the fun out of it. It used to be something we did together, would go to the park, walk, etc, etc. I still play, but not with the gusto I used to. As for the Sept. being the new year? Well, let's just say I'm not doing too well, but today is a new day. Thanks for checking in on me.

Lili: I too, suffered from bad headaches after the Shingrix shot. Of course, My first one I had the flu shot and Shingrix on the same day, so I wasn't sure which was causing the headache. It did pass quickly though (a day or so with a great nap) and now I know I'm protected against shingles. Something I did not want.

So, when was the last time I checked in? I can't remember. Scroll, scroll ....
Ahhhhhhhhhh here we go:

9/17/2021: meditation

9/18/2021: 20 mins. row, 30 mins. Leanne's Ed Sheerhan ride, 30 mins. 2 for 1 ride (all in German?!?), 20 mins. low impact & 5 mins. PRS with Bradley, Sam yo's Arms & Light weights & 10 mins. Core with Matty

9/19/2021: It was a Bradley Rose kinda day: 45 mins. 2000 ride, 20 mins. low impact, 20 mins. classical pop ride, 10 mins low impact, 5 mins PRS, PM: 30 mins. deep relaxation meditation

9/20/2021: Run Warm up with new instructor (JJ). 10 mins, 20 mins. Ed Sheerhan Run with JJ, 10 mins. Abs with Jess Sims

That's it. Waves to all.
Off to get my day started.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-21, 03:43 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - I’m still not a big Pahla fan, but her workouts are great add-ones. She must have gotten the memo that she talks too much, because in this one she only spoke when necessary!
Cleda - that’s a shame that your hubby has lost interest in Pokιmon. I know you always enjoyed it.

On my iPad, so want to keep this short.
9/20 - 3.15 mile run at one park
3.6 mile walk with hubby at another park
9/21 - today we went kayaking at Trap Pond State Park. It’s known for the bald cypress trees and we paddled around and through them.
I’m hoping to do some more walking before the day is done.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-21, 05:30 PM  
Helen

LILI
• Had to look up where you went - I'd definitely be happy to go there!!!
Wonder why they're called "bald" cypress? They really show that the water level is down quite a bit from usual.
• Phala: I imagine she would comments and feedback, and hopefully act upon it. Listenting to her podcasts on the way to work - she took too long to get to her point.

CLEDA
• Half an hour of meditation! You're really getting into it! Not sure I'd be successful - probably fall asleep.
• Diet - I hit a lull, and decided I needed to be ruthless - no Ruths were present yesterday and the scales were pleased. If I can get in a mindset of "that's for OTHER people" and it sets in & I'm good.
• Sorry your DH stopped playing Pokemon with you.

LIFE
Rant/vent typed, deleted. Suffice to say DH & I have differing views about the life of plants, the decades of growth & whether it's ok to remove & toss things without asking me. I don't 'fight' - I quietly seethe. Right now - I'm seething about things missing (can't find at all) and things removed to the green bin (found them there). Some were decades old, and originally came from my mother's garden. I'm staying away from him by working at my desk - did 8 hours yesterday, just churning out answers to text-questions into exercise books for the top kids to have worked solutions. Serious thinking takes my mind away from....... I'm almost crying about the plants, I'm SOOOOO pissed!!!

Tuesday
10 Min Solution - Jennifer Galardi - Dance it Off & Tone It up

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 09-23-21, 06:49 PM  
Helen

I've mostly recovered now. Dug down to find the roots of one plant that should regrow from those bits - has tuber-like pieces - Aspidistra. Also found a tiny remnant of one that I thought was completely gone. He KNOWS I was annoyed, and has been especially nice the last few days - making suggestions (and ASKING ME) about how to 'landscape' the yard, and asking if it's ok for a couple of things to be MOVED (as opposed to dug out & tossed).

But spent Wed/Thu at my desk, apart from RATHER LONG walks with Alice.

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 09-24-21, 04:36 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - I would have done more than seethe quietly! I'm glad you found some remains and hopefully you can get some new growth. Hubby and I made an agreement when we married and bought this house that the lawn was his domain, and I got the flower beds and veggie garden. We also installed a small pond that he maintains. If it were up to him, everything would be lined up and cut with hedge-trimmers into perfect squares or circles.

9/22 - I did a morning beach walk while the sun was rising, 2.5 miles with stops for photos. Then we played mini golf at 4 different courses! Not exercise, but it was fun!
9/23 - We did a 5 mile walk on the Gordon's Pond Trail (I can't believe hubby was willing to go that far!)
9/24 - another sunrise beach walk, but it was mostly cloudy, so not as pretty.
A dog walk when we got home.

We spent 4 nights at a hotel in Rehoboth and walked almost everywhere. I was surprised by the number of people still going to the beach every day, even in cooler temps. It's good to be home, though. I'm looking forward to sleeping in my own bed and getting my diet back on track!

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-21, 08:17 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Again, I've fallen behind

My apologies. I come here to check in and never seem to do it, telling myself, "I'll do it in a few minutes...." well.... Here I am.

Helen: Don't be silly - the 30 minutes meditations put me to sleep every time. as do the 5 mins, the 10 mins, etc. So sorry about dh tossing things. Glad you found roots. (and at least you found roots? Every time I went to FL to visit mom - and remember I would go 4-5x a year? Dh would remove a tree. That was a wonderful barrier between our property and our back neighbor's. Now we have ZERO trees left and a our back porch view is their yard and house. so I can relate 100%)

Lili: your trip to Rehobeth sounds wonderful. I would be one of those (at least walking) on the beach. Maybe not going in the water, but walking in the sand for sure. One of the simple pleasures of life.

Waves to anyone lurking!

I'm still just doing things/workouts I like. Not going overboard, getting in what i can and I'm perfectly content with that.

9/21/2021: Row 20 minutes, + some meditation (forget what one now)

9/22/2021: Row 20 minutes + 20 mins. Latin Ride
and then played Occulus for over an hour. Was supposed to meet a friend for pickleball, but it was raining. (we postponed until today)

9/23/2021: Row 20 mins. with Aquil (a DRIVE) and then 10 mins. leg strength with Ben

9/24/2021: 20 mins. Treadmill Bootcamp (upper body) 5 minutes abs with Emma

I have been enjoying the workouts.

I LOVE that we can choose multiple instructors, length of workout etc, for search criteria on the Peloton. Of course, this can lead to staring blankly at the screen trying to decide what workout to do. (Sound familiar? Kinda like staring at video tapes. hahahahaha!)

If I repeat myself, I apologize in advance. . . Drum roll - you guys are NOT going to believe this ~ I AM NOT PARTICIPATING in the next Power Zone Challenge. Why do I feel like I told you this already. I did click yes and then thought about it overnight and changed my mind. I can still do the rides or choose what ones I want to do and ride with the team, I just don't "HAVE TO DO THEM" which will make it better. I don't want the stress of having to do 6 power zone rides a week, leaving me little time for other workouts. There are so many other workouts to be done and enjoyed. Variety is the spice of life. And this challenge is 8 weeks, taking me PAST Thanksgiving. I'm not ready to commit to that. Not with so many other fun workouts to be doing. This is so freeing for me. It's weird. Like Recess on steroids.

Thanks to someone on another thread, I decided to blow the dust off my Occulus. (which which I should do more often). I had a blast playing the other day. I just don't have a "huge" play area, so it makes some of the games tough. I know they don't recommend playing outside, but I think I'd have more room.

Need to get some jump rope in this week - it was rainy on several my mornings, so didn't do it. Too many workouts, not enough time.

Food is back on track and I'm headed into a great autumn season.
Ok, gotta go exercise.
Make it a great day!
Cleda
Old 09-25-21, 07:20 PM  
Helen

Thank you both for understanding.

CLEDA
Removing trees that gave privacy and a nicer view would annoy me as well.
I want to ask what the reasoning for removing them was.
I'm glad to see that longer "meditation" puts you to sleep as well!
Feeling like "recess on steroids", "freeing for me", and thinking about "many other fun workouts to be doing" sounds like you've made the right decision NOT to do the next Power Zone Challenge - though I AM surprised.

LILI
Your mini-holiday sounds lovely. Looked at images of Rehoboth - it really is a beach holiday town isn't it ? but with that historical edge of the big old houses (SO nice!!).

Friday 63min, Cathe- Intensity Series - Cardio & Weights
Saturday 60min, Ashli Liljenquist - Step Aerobics Great Choreography

It was the girls' birthday yesterday, so hard-line diet went out the window. Cait joined us for dinner via Messenger video & we later did a group-stream movie.

Bridget & Tim are going to the farm tomorrow. Limit on travel so I'll be here alone with Alice - to clean the house & prep for back-to-school. They may be a week.

HAPPY SUNDAY!

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 09-26-21, 10:04 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Checking in

Helen: To be honest? I don't remember what the reasons were behind removing them. I was soooo angry. I didn't sit outside for a very long time. I told him he ruined my backyard experience. not sure I'm over it yet. I seem to recall the reasons sort of made sense? (but not totally and by then it was done.)

Waves to Lili and all!

On to me, me and all me:

9/25/2021: Rowed 45 minutes (breathe with Dani) and then caught the last 12-15 mins. of a LIVE row, making it a full hour of rowing. 15 mins. Tabata ride with Bradley Rose (easier than some of the tabata rides I've done in the past) and then 10 mins. cool down ride with Bradley. Played 2 hours of pickleball with a friend.

I am a tad bit sore today and no clue what made me sore. I think today will be something easy. Probably a ride, a walk, maybe some occulus? Yep. That should do it.

Off to exercise. Make it a great day.
Cleda
Old 09-26-21, 06:23 PM  
Helen

Sounds like it does still bother you Cleda. ((hugs))
Some things I can let go, others I just can't. Those I can't are more often things I've done myself and can't let go of the guilt and/or regret about.

Sunday
Cathe - Intensity Series - Interval Max 2, 6"
For chrono mission

Start of another week. Have a good one you two!

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.

Tags
daily, daily workouts, every day check in, everyday