Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-25-22, 09:44 AM  
donnamp

I got a little break this morning as my contractors are not coming until later. I think they will be done today or tomorrow....and then I will not see them again until July when they work on my other bathroom. they have been great, but I'm ready to have some peace and quiet.

Taking advantage of the extra time I did:

Essentrics - Ab Flattening & Waste Shaping w/ Sahra (Day # 4 of the 10 Day Glute & Core challenge)

Body Kind Fitness - Low Impact High Intensity Full Body Fat Burning - this is another of those You Tube workouts that is music only - this one is filmed outdoors and was easy to follow. Hailey, the instructor, seems very nice -she vocal cues the warm-up. This one was from 4/22/22.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaDxXU4GZnc

Sorry to be brief - just a lot going on!

Sherry - It sounds like you have found someone who can help!!! I am sending you positive vibes
It is sometimes such a struggle to find the right treatment - I'm glad you persisted - I can see how easy it is to give up when you keep getting bad advice or the wrong advice....

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-22, 02:57 PM  
Leonana

I'm thinking of trying Coco Lime Fitness. Even that will irritate my mouth, but I really need to exercise. But I have my volunteer filing tomorrow, so that will be all for Thursday.

I had a good video session with my therapist this morning. She's really helpful in learning how to deal with this in a positive manner and move forward.

Thanks, Donna. I think finding the right provider is half the battle! I'm glad your master bath reno is almost over.

wishiwasinhawaii, that's exciting you were able to order! I'm interested in hearing how you like it.

Pam, it sounds like you had a nice weekend, and your dh had a good birthday.
Old 05-25-22, 05:11 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Sorry I've neglected to post recently.

Monday, we went to see the Star Trek movie mid-day and only two other people in the theater. I might like to see the new Top Gun movie coming out May 27th!

Tuesday, I did a 4 mile hike in Massachusetts. And then Thursday, I did a 5 mile hike in Rhode Island. Good days, with beautiful weather and lovely settings. Saw a number of large bird nests (herons and others) up in the trees, which was cool to see. Saw a number of birds in flight, also.

Got Jessica's new set yesterday but haven't had a chance to look at them yet! Maybe before bed I'll try one of the stretch workouts. It's a shame the walk workouts don't have mile markers or countdown clock, so on days you are pressed for time you can stop at a mile or two.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-22, 10:38 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

My bathroom is done!! It looks great and the whole process went smoothly. He is coming back in July to do my hall bath.

This morning I did:

Essentrics - 10 Day Core & Glute Challenge - Live workout from 5/20 w/ Meg. I only had time for the standing and barre. I will try to get the floor work in later along w/ something else if I can later today.

Work is crazier than usual. And I still don't have my offer letter. I'm going to say something tomorrow - a week is long enough to wait.

If I get my DVDs soon I may start the rotation on Monday, I figure I will have enough time to complete the 4 week version of the rotation before the next round of remodeling.

Pam - is there a new Star Trek movie? I am living under a rock, apparently! LOL!

Sherry - I think CocoLime may be a very good choice for you - her workouts are gentle and they are also usually split up into several "rounds" so you can always stop early - well, you could always do that anyway, but this makes it more organized. She includes a lot of stretching and rest breaks throughout as well. It is worth a try - are you going to use what she has on You Tube or try her streaming site?

https://cocolimefitness.com/workout-channel

Waves, wishiwasinhawaii and Liz!

Donna
Old 05-26-22, 07:27 PM  
Leonana

Today I tried an 11 minute beginner Tai Chi video, Module 101 by Tai Flow. I enjoyed it.

Donna, thanks for the link. Her channel looks great. I’m glad your bathroom turned out well.

Pam, I didn’t know there was a new Star Trek movie either. I went with my husband and daughter last night to see the new Dr. Strange movie. I closed my eyes through most of it lol. But it did continue the story from Wanda Vision. I enjoyed the tv show a lot more.
Old 05-26-22, 08:15 PM  
donnamp

I did something I haven't done in a long time - a Pahla B. Workout. I thought I would take a chance and see how it went - I did one that was weights only - it was from 5/23/2022. I enjoyed it.

I hope I can go back to doing her workouts some of the time - they are like comfort food to me for some reason.

Maybe I can do her weight workouts... we'll see. If my back starts talkin' to me I'll have to quit her again.

Donna
Old 05-26-22, 09:42 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I was out exploring the woods in MA again today with another hike. Tomorrow I'm hoping to try something from Jessica's new workouts.

The Star Trek movie we saw was an oldie...Star Trek: the Motion Picture but it was a directors cut....and only in theaters for a few days. Came and went, but there will be more to follow in the Fall...again not new, but a favorite Star Trek 2 The Wrath of Khan! So good!

Donna, bet you're glad the bathroom is done! Yay!

Sherry, it's great you're starting to feel well enough to get out to a movie!

I'm very tired tonight. Up too early. Good-night all!

Current Rotation:
Old 05-27-22, 08:54 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I was very tempted to do another Pahla B workout this morning, but I talked myself out of it. I am finally relatively pain free and I really don't want to trigger anything. I do think I may be able to do her weight workouts - I think it is her cardio workouts that do me in and I'm not sure why - there are some of the same moves in other workouts I do - so I am not sure what it is exactly about her combos that irritate my body so much. But, I do think her weights only workouts can work for me....so small doses.

Anyway, today I did:

Lively Ladies - Boost Metabolism w/ Body Weight Exercises (from 5/23/22). Lively Ladies is my other "comfort food" workout style. It is not all that different from Pahla but it doesn't bother my back or hip. Very odd! Maybe it is the pacing or the sequencing? Oh well....

Yoga w/ Kassandra - Root Chakra Yoga from 5/23

I pre-ordered Kassandra's book when I ordered Jessica's set.

Not much else going on - I am looking forward to the long weekend and I'm going to try my best NOT to work this weekend.

Hope everyone has a nice Friday!

Thanks for clarifying about the movie, Pam!! I tend to live under a rock, so I don't know much about what is going on, LOL! Probably for the best for the most part.

Donna
Old 05-27-22, 12:08 PM  
Leonana

Had a video appointment with my neurologist DO. I did get a splint with medicinal paste from the TMJ doctor, that goes over the gums, and that has been helping. He also prescribed a muscle relaxer that helps me sleep at night. Unfortunately, I'm still grinding, which increases the pain, and I don't get his mouth guards until June 10. I'm using the old one from the bad TMJ doctor, which prevents the grinding, although it's a bit painful to wear. Fortunately, the muscle relaxer helps. The meds aren't working yet, but she said to give it four more days, then increase dosage. Give that a week, if not working, increase dosage again. Give that another couple of weeks, then follow up with her a month from now. Finding the right med or combo that takes awhile. They started me on the most common med, then we go from there. I also need a antidepressant, so I have an appointment with their Psych NP on Tuesday. That will help immensely, and for the pain too, as anxiety/depression increases pain. I'm getting there, but it's a process that will take awhile. I started telling her how much better my new TMJ doctor was than the old one, and she interrupted me and said I know, my other patients have told me, I don't think she's good. So, it's not just me, lol.

Donna, I don't think I'd touch Paula with a ten foot pole, even in the past, lol. But I did like Lively Ladies. I hope you have a good weekend and can have some rest.

Pam, thanks for the encouragement. It's a bit better, so I can do a little more. It helps to get out of the house!
Old 05-27-22, 04:30 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I did Jessica's Sculpt workout (from Fusion Flow + Glow) today! I really enjoyed it, but took a bit to test my gliders to see which ones I liked using (Cathe's with covers for hard floors) or my regular Gliding brand purple discs. With my first run through I used 3 pounds for the majority of the exercises, but after all the shoulder exercises, dropped down to 2 pounds. The pace was very good for being able to switch out weights, so no problem. Exercises were slow and controlled. Jessica is always calming and exact with her form. Beautiful, bright set. I was one who thought Lift and Shift was too dark (or backlit.) There are lunges and seated squat type exercises but nothing is overly done. Just the right amount of a workout in 30 minutes, with core and balance challenges done too...but all standing. I can't wait to see what's in store with the other two 30 minute workouts, as well as the shorter Core/Pilates workout. Happy I purchased this one!

So far I've only received 4 out of the 6 DVD set. Hope Amazon didn't just miss the other 2.

Have a good day all!

Current Rotation:

Tags
tablet