Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-25-22, 11:28 PM  
Vantreesta

We were at my father-in-law's for the wknd and got home this evening. The last 30-40 minutes had some pretty tense times with low visibility from blowing snow but we made it. I can't pick up Cyric till tmrw and it just feels so wrong at home without him!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-22, 12:11 AM  
Sissy B

I know just what you mean. When we have boarded the dogs in the past it just doesn’t seem like home without them.

We stayed home this weekend and enjoyed having a fire in the fireplace, watching the 24 Hours of A Christmas Story marathon and celebrating Christmas.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-22, 12:43 AM  
Vantreesta

Sissy, that sounds like a wonderful way to spend the day! I'm glad you were all together.

Hubby doesn't understand how I feel about Cyric being away. It's nice to know someone does!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 12-26-22, 11:38 PM  
Sissy B

DD & I drove up to the condo today just to make sure everything was okay here since it was a low of 8 here on Friday morning and didn’t get above freezing for a couple of days. I had turned the heat on, left cabinet doors open under all the sinks and wrapped the faucet on the back patio on a previous visit but I wasn’t expecting it to be that cold. Thankfully, everything is okay and we’ll go back home in the morning. It’s funny though because when we came back here this afternoon after going to get something to eat, as I was unlocking the door I commented to DD how weird it felt not to have the dogs waiting on us when we came in. Because of DH’s work schedule they usually come with me when I make a trip up here. Since he’s off and this was just a quick trip up they stayed home with him.

DH’s crew Christmas party for work is tomorrow night.
Old 01-02-23, 01:38 PM  
Sissy B

Happy New Year!!!

DD left a little while to go back to her apartment, she goes back to work in the morning. I always leave my Christmas decorations up through Epiphany (January 6th) but I’ll work on getting other things done around the house this week. My priority today is changing the sheets on my bed. It has flannel sheets on it right now but it’s definitely time to take them off - our high today is 81.
Old 01-03-23, 11:23 PM  
Vantreesta

I guess I will be starting my Sadhana and all my challenges tmrw on the 4th (hopefully). I ended up making a quick trip out of state for my great-uncle's funeral. My aunt went with me and we had planned to come home yesterday but Saturday night we changed our plans based on the weather forecast for yesterday. I got home about 5 PM Sunday and around 7:30 I started feeling sick. Apparently I picked up a stomach bug while we were gone. I went to bed at 8 and slept most of the next 24 hours. I got out of bed a couple times and laid on the couch where I fell asleep anyway so went back to bed at 8 last night. Today I was still feeling tired and rundown but thankfully my stomach was fine and I was able to eat some. Yesterday I ate nothing. I laid on the floor most of today watching reruns of Supernatural, Friends, Young Sheldon and Big Bang Theory. My brain couldn't focus enough to absorb anything new. I couldn't even catch up on reading here. I'm hoping that tmrw I can finally start the new year! I'm trying not to feel impatient or frustrated about the delayed start. I'll try to catch up on reading tmrw too.

Old 01-04-23, 11:23 AM  
Sissy B

I’m so sorry about your uncle. My heart, thoughts and prayers are with you. And I hope you feel better soon.

We had a rough night last night. Belle is terrified of bad weather and we had a storm come in about 3 a.m. Lots of thunder and lightning so she was not happy and none of us slept well. I’m having a hard time getting going this morning.
Old 01-04-23, 12:59 PM  
Vantreesta

Thanks so much, Sissy. He was a wonderful man and is missed by so many. He owned a sanitation business since 1969 so everyone in the area pretty much knew him and I never heard a negative word spoken. I'm feeling back to myself today, thanks!

Sorry about poor Belle. Chianna in her later years became afraid of storms. She would hide in the bathtub or behind my weight stack machine in the basement. I'm thankful Cyric does okay. He may get a little nervous but he's not terrified or anything. I hope you and she can both take it easy today and get some good sleep tonight!

Old 01-04-23, 10:04 PM  
Vantreesta

Well after some housework I just couldn't find the energy to start my challenges so I just did Happy Yoga S3E3. Maybe tmrw I'll have enough in the tank for the whole day. I need to start undecorating and putting away Christmas stuff.

Old 01-06-23, 05:12 PM  
Sissy B

I went and got my hair colored and cut today.

I’ve been catching up on laundry this week and I’ll probably start putting the Christmas decorations up this weekend. I also need to do some meal planning and go grocery shopping. I have some homemade spaghetti sauce in the freezer that I’m going to pull out for supper tonight.