Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-23-22, 09:07 AM  
sciencelady

Crone Cronies - Change Is Not a 4-Letter Word, But Your Reaction to It Is. Jan 23

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-22, 09:25 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I'm planning on walking Gus, grocery shopping with Adelija, watering my houseplants, and putzing around. Adeija will have her boyfriend over for dinner tonight. Yesterday Adelija got together with her boyfriend after the Science Museum and didn't come home till 10 pm. Sigh.

Paula, I like some of the frames I get with my reading glasses - lots more fun than my old glasses . I don't think I'd spend the money to save my old glass frames.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 01-23-22, 02:31 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Thanks for getting us started, Anita. I hope this evening is less late. Will you be involved in the dinner?

We're having another quiet day. At least, the sun is out and it's supposed to be in the 40s. I will go to Walmart for a pick-up and then fix turkey burgers for DH's dinner. Polly is in the house. We keep trying to encourage her to go out and she keeps ignoring us. There's a wind chill today, so it's colder than it seems like it should feel and she doesn't have much interest in being cold today.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-22, 09:20 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 6 Walking with Weights followed by Yoga with Tim - Stretch.

Just a chores day. Not much to talk about. DH is feeling better and actually got some work done at the hangar, said it went well and he was still feeling pretty good at dinner. Good thing too because took the last of his antibiotic pills with dinner.

Anita, Thanks for getting us started. Liked the theme. On the reading glasses, I had just spent hundreds of dollars the day before ordering three new pairs of progressives - two clear and one sunglasses and wasn't inclinded to spend more. Maybe if I'd waited until next month but I got a small discount for ordering multiple pairs. Are you sharing dinner with Adelija and her boy friend or are you trying to stay out of sight?

Laura, Is Polly an older cat? Maybe she has arthritis and being cold causes pain? In any case she's smart enough to stay indoors when it's cold. Quiet days are nice, aren't they.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-22, 08:30 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on doing some more shoveling, then taking Gus for a walk. Otherwise putzing about, and remembering to play Spades tonight. Adelija did a good job with dinner last night - she made a stuffed chicken breast which tasted good! I got to eat with her and her boyfriend. Luckily no cooking on my end - my contribution was simply getting Adelija some mashed potato mix instead of her trying to mash potatoes (I don't have that tool and didn't want to lose any forks ).

Laura, awww, poor cold Polly! Luckily she's trusted in your house.

Paula, glad DH is feeling better - hope all continues to improve - any idea where his infection was or where it came from? The thread theme came from Laura's list of titles - I really appreciate having that list rather than needing to search for something . I remember Polly as being an older cat, so arthritis is probably not feeling good in the cold.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 01-24-22, 06:25 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today just sort of melted away. This morning, I went to LabCorp to get some routine bloodwork done for my rheumatologist. Tomorrow, I'll call to see if I can move my end-of-March appointment up to sometime soon. This afternoon, I took DH to his chiropractor appointment. In between, we dealt with Polly and did stuff around the house, mainly emptying the dishwasher and starting to fill it back up.

Paula - Polly is 14. She's definitely an older cat. We think she has arthritis in her back. It's great that your husband could go and do some work and still feel pretty good at dinner. He's making progress. Hopefully, the antibiotic knocked out the infection.

Anita - It sounds like a pretty good dinner. It sounds like Adelija is a pretty good cook. For whatever reason, I can't seem to get it together to start the thread, so I'm just glad you're so willing to do that. Teamwork makes the dream work!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 01-24-22, 10:06 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was a Yoga with Kassandra Yin Yoga for Flexibility.

Beautiful day here. DH was feeling better so we went to the hangar intending to stay a couple hours getting stuff done. He felt well so we flew to a close airport that has less expensive avaiation fuel and a nice little restaurant for lunch. Even after we got home he was feeling pretty normal although he did take a cat nap before dinner. So it looks as though he's about done with this whatever it was. He does have some mild coughing occassionally.

Anita, glad Adelija made you a nice dinner. I keep a potato masher and rarely use it to mash potatos. It's great for making applesauce. jI usually make rice instead of potatos because it's just easier. Shoveling counts as a workout. Hope you and Gus got a nice walk in. So far no one has told us exactly what DH has or had.

Laura, hope you're able to move your appointment up. DH was able to move his surgery date up from March to February. He's anxious to have that bladder tumor removed. Glad you're giving Polly a warm, safe home in her old age, if she's 14 she really needs it now.
Old 01-25-22, 08:28 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on taking Adelija to school - very cold outside right now -10F right now. I've got a dentist appointment at 9, so not a big deal to drive her to school. Otherwise planning on putzing around - trying to take rags to the recycling place (old torn clothing), trying to figure out if antennas have extension cords to be able to place the sheet antenna further into my living room, and starting on taxes.

Laura, yup, Polly is an elderly cat - very grateful for your warm house! Wish I could give you a high five every Sunday morning when I start a thread - I like your taste in titles!

Paula, glad your DH is recovering from his bug. Shoveling took time, but was fairly easy - only about two inches of light stuff. It's the cold that's limiting our walks with Gus - today will likely be just around the block as we'll not get into any positive numbers today. Frankly the mashed potato powder we picked up gave us lots smoother mashed potatoes than trying to mash potatoes with whatever I might have here at home. I do have a fairly limited kitchen as far as utensils - my friends in Chile also rolled their eyes when they stayed with me . I'm starting to downsize my things and get rid of stuff I don't use very regularly - some of those kitchen tools were in the pile.
I'm glad your DH was able to shorten the wait time for that bladder tumor removal - must not be comfortable!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 01-25-22, 06:51 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today was a beautiful day, sunny with a high of 61. It felt soooo good! We had thought about going for a ride with my parents, but DH didn't feel up to it and the place we want to go is the whirligig park in Wilson, NC. That requires wind to get the whirligigs going and we had gentle breezes today (4 MPH). So, we picked up food and took it over to my parents house for lunch. Later in the afternoon, I made a run to the library.

I changed my appointment with my rheumatologist from the end of March to this Thursday. I'm looking forward to seeing what they say.

Paula - It's great that you had a nice day and DH felt good afterward. Moving up the surgery date is even better. I can understand wanting to move it up to get it done.

Anita - Yeah, we have a tone or brand or something to our themes here at the Cronies. It's fun finding ones that match that tone. One of the problems I have with downsizing kitchen stuff is that I never know what I might want to do again in the future. It's good you found stuff you could do without - even if your friends did want the stuff.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 01-25-22, 10:47 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 8 Push (Strength) followed by some stretching. DH and I decided to try a walk. We didn't go as far or as fast as we usually do but I was impressed that he did pretty well.

Found a receipe for whole wheat sandwich rolls - yeasted not sourdough - I have them rising at the moment. I like to have sandwich rolls in the house. Since I've taken up bread making I keep trying to make good ones and so far have missed the mark. We eat them but my homemade rolls have been on the heavy and hard side. Fingers crossed this recipe will be a winner - it uses more yeast than the others I've tried to maybe it will rise better.

Anita, -10! No wonder you and Gus are limiting your walks. Bet Adelija was grateful for the ride to school so she didn't have to wait for a bus. I have a fairly limited kitchen too. I would like a few more items like a stand mixer and an InstaPot but I just don't have the space. I doubt I'd use them enough to justify getting rid of something I do have to make the space. When I visit my sister, who has all that stuff, she rolls her eyes at me too.

Laura, glad you were able to move up your doctor appointment too. I love the themes you and Anita come up with. The wirligig park sounds like fun. We visited Kitty Hawk once when we were in NC. We could see why the Wright Brothers chose that place to test their planes - it's windy all the time. It would be a great place for a whirigig park.