Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-21, 04:07 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i love the title of this check-in.

did FitPrime Pump by Heidi Tanner.

goal for the next 7 days is to get thru recent purchases from Mary's sale.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-21, 07:31 AM  
Kitten

Thursday was Metrx 180 shaping workout 4

So. Many. Pushups. I'm so glad I recently worked on improving my form.
As usual the stretch was very short. I am actually feeling the abs today, but I didn't actually enjoy them.
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-21, 12:10 PM  
T2B

Bubbles - why were you angry the whole time? Lol. I think I’ve only ever done 1/2 of IMAX3, back when it was first released.. I don’t remember anything about it. My most used workout of that series was Low Max. Knee issues suck, glad yours calmed down enough to do a workout.

kitten - I have Gin’s Ramp workouts too. And Met Rx, still a virgin.

# 2 - AMY BENTO - CIA 2901: Kickbox Surge, no core work, 66 mins (Dust Bunny) - It’s been at least 10 years since I last did this workout. . This was my first ever Amy purchase. I never got into Amy’s step workouts because I didn’t have the patience to learn complicated step and I heard Amy’s cueing wasn’t the best. I liked her kickbox well enough to also buy Rumble and her kettlebell workouts (still never done).

Amy’s cueing in this is ok, she cues the complete combo and then you’re quickly doing the combo. The combos are repeated enough that if I rotate Kickbox Surge into my schedule more often I’m sure I’ll learn to appreciate Amy’s cueing. Great music, sounds like the original artists too. This was a lot of fun and I hope to do this workout more often. Great step count too - 6,357 steps when done. Random tidbit: I have the music playlist on a gift CD from Jen (can’t remember the name of her website, I think she closed her site a long time ago).

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-21, 12:43 PM  
Karla25

This morning I dusted off Sculpt & Burn Cardio Blast with Mary Helen Bowers. I only did the 30 minute cardio portion. I used to do this one regularly, but haven't done it probably for a couple of years. I think this is a very nice cardio workout (won't leave you huffing and puffing) that incorporates light toning and balance work. It's low-impact and safe for your joints. I'm looking forward to doing this one again soon :-)
Old 08-08-21, 01:39 PM  
T2B

# 3 KATINA HUNTER: Pump Party (virgin). I enjoyed this. 2007 Katina Hunter Productions, good music with a strong beat. The format is a compound exercise followed by a traditional strength exercise. Intermediate - nicely worked but not beat up. I’m adding this to my to do again list so posting a breakdown below.

Cons - the time setting up and explaining the next move between exercises. I didn’t mind because it allowed me to take a water break, scribble the exercise and catch my breath when needed.

3 to 10 # weights, mat, step , 65 mins.

Breakdown
Warm-up (6:31)
Squat & bicep curls
Chest scoop
Calf raises
Shoulder raises
Chest scoop
Push-ups (on step 3x8)
Side squat/side kicks (this felt awkward)
Shoulder presses (felt the burn using 3#)
Crossover bicep curls
Side squat/side kicks
stretch
Deadlift & Shrug
Lateral raises
Deadlift & shrug
Front lunge row & kickback
Front lunge kickback
Overhead tricep ext
Front lunge kickback
Back lunge upright row
Upright rows
Back lunge upright row
stretch
Squat T
Squat hold
Delt raises
Squat T
Cuban press (plié with a scarecrow)
Plié squat
Cuban press
Abs/core (traditional, 2 rounds, 2 sets of 8, crunches, long lever crunches, alternating side to side reaches, feet up/down crunches, alternating legs in crunches)
stretch

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
Old 08-08-21, 08:29 PM  
bubbles76

T2B, probably because it was so hard and I was sweating so much lol! Normally, I like to sweat, but optimally during cardio. Sweating THAT HARD during weight training just felt like ugh lol!

Day 3 - Jane Fonda New Workout. Kind of a virgin, as I had only done the beginner workout initially. Yesterday, I did the advanced workout. It was good, but not great. On the fence about whether I'll keep it.

Day 4 - I plan to do a short restorative bedtime yoga practice from youtube and hit the bed I'll let you know which virgin workout it will be. Probably something from Yoga with Kassandra.

ETA: It wasn't with Kassandra . I completed a short, 12 minute yoga stretch for bedtime from Yoga with Bird. Virgin workout and instructor.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-21, 08:18 PM  
bubbles76

Day 5 - The Firm Ultimate Fat Burning Workout with Alison Davis. Virgin workout, not virgin instructor. Nice little workout for the mood I'm in. I used 5's throughout, and treated it as strictly cardio.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
Old 08-10-21, 06:13 PM  
bubbles76

Day 6 - KCM Boxfit - Weights. This is a virgin workout, but not a virgin instructor . This was a great, short workout to ease myself back into squats and lunges.
Old 08-10-21, 06:16 PM  
T2B

bubbles lol, I understand.

Yesterday, #4 KRISTIN DOWELL: Hi/Lo Recharge. This workout has a high step count (6,645 steps) . Combo 7 goes on and on, way too many TIFTs in combo 7 and there are too many slow mountain climbers. I like Kristin. The only male talent, Romero, is entertaining, his face is very expressive.

#5 LEANDRO: You V 2: Work It! Shake It! & #6 LEE HOLDEN: Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge - Day 28, Day 29 & Day 30

Finishing up my 4th round of LH 30DC.

Yv2 is my most used series after Cathe. It’s a great series to boost daily step count. I love Leandro’s cheesiness and the cheesy energy of the ladies in the cast.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Old 08-11-21, 10:30 AM  
T2B

#7 - MIKE DONAVANIK’S Extreme Burn Ripped (virgin) - Workout 2 . Started my morning not really wanting to work out so went with a 30 minute workout. I had so much fun and wanted more so I did Workout 1 as well.

This DVD has 3 Workouts. Workout 1 is bodyweight. Workout 2 uses medium weights. Workout 3 uses heavy weights. There are 2 premixes, 1 has all 3 workouts combined and the other premix is an ab routine (according to Mike, I didn’t check). These workouts will be a nice sub for some of Cathe’s P30 workouts.

I was pleasantly surprised to see Kenta (Jillian workouts) & Teri Ann (Jeanette Jenkins, Jillian) as the background exercisers. Teri Ann is the modifier.

Con - short warm-up. But the first few exercises are extensions of the warm-ups.

I was sweating a lot in those 30 minutes. bubbles - Workout 2 is metabolic weights.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Tags
20 different instructors, dust bunny, dustbunnies, dustbunny