Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-28-21, 06:31 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini2874 View Post
It took 47 years for me to get to this point. I try to surround myself with body positive quotes, pictures and stories. I read an awesome article about women running the marathon in their underwear to prove that fitness and beauty is not a number on a scale. I love to get inspired by stories like this!

Link: https://www.shape.com/lifestyle/mind...heir-underwear

Some of my favorite quotes are: "Body confidence does not come from trying to achieve the perfect body, it comes from embracing the one you've already got."-author unknown

"One day I decided I was beautiful and carried out my life like a beautiful girl. It doesn't have anything to do with how the world perceives you. What matters I what YOU see". -Gabourey Sidibe

"Life is so much more beautiful and complex than a number on a scale".- Tess Holliday

I believe in you! You WILL get there. You are worthy and perfect just the way you are!! Don't let anyone tell you different!!!! Life is short so live your life the way you want now...don't wait!!!! Don't worry- We can have each other's backs!!!!
Thank you for sharing and for the support. I am thrilled for you that you have gotten to this point of acceptance and confidence. I'm always so happy to see women who feel good about themselves no matter what their size/weight. As you said, life is short...we should be enjoying our lives as much as possible while we can. At this point, I've given up hope that I can ever get to where you are now but I wish that freedom for all women (and for men who struggle, too!). Keep up the great work and I hope your story helps others with their own struggles.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-21, 06:52 PM  
fanofladyvols

Gemini I agree with Donna, positives outweigh the negatives. Plus, WS 1 is a great set so it's not like you bought anything that's a waste. As Stephanie said, I would do my erratic, all encompassing search for workouts regardless of where I am in the hormonal timeline.

As far as meno...I just did my best to surf the storm... it's okey dokey on the other side. But that self acceptance is an excellent way to keep your balance on the board

Penny so many ((hugs))

Erica you're a great cheerleader. Cheering you back!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-21, 07:11 PM  
schoolgirl-01

i have a love/hate relationship with lots of fitness personalities. my husband often hears me cursing at the tv and it's always during leg lifts or hamstring bridges. it usually something along the lines that "easy for you, you have ^*$* chicken legs"
schoolgirl-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-21, 07:20 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Gemini--I'm literally with you on everything and I likely wrote your same post at some point in the last three years. I'm 47 too, I now weigh 202, I now wear a size 16, I now wear a size 44DD bra, and I have spent hundreds of $ on anything to try to reverse time. I am three years into perimenopause hell and gained 30 lbs since 2018. I used to be a size 8, 36C, and was in the best shape of my life just 3 years ago. I was working out nearly every day and felt great. Then boom.

I have failed at so many things in these 3 years, I have been in a constant state of depression and anxiety over all this. And I'm still having very regular cycles so there's no end in sight.

I have ended up working out so hard in this past year to try to get this weight off that 6 weeks ago I tore my meniscus. So now here I am injured, and now have 6 months of recovery ahead of me. I can't even walk on the treadmill without hurting it again.

I regularly cry at commercials too. You're not alone, you're not going crazy, and there's nothing wrong with you. I'm here right along with you!

Penny--my heart aches for you. Hugs and prayers, I'll be thinking of you.
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-21, 07:38 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
I have failed at so many things in these 3 years, I have been in a constant state of depression and anxiety over all this.
I have ended up working out so hard in this past year to try to get this weight off that 6 weeks ago I tore my meniscus. So now here I am injured, and now have 6 months of recovery ahead of me. I can't even walk on the treadmill without hurting it again.
Sending you big hugs. Please be kind to yourself and I hope your recovery goes well.
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-21, 07:50 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

You're not alone in your insanity, lack of sleep, weight gain, self-acceptance or impulse fitness purchases. I can't tell you how many times I've been enabled or perhaps influenced someone with my raves about an instructor or the latest system.

I can't admit how many DVDs I have and the buying still continues, though I don't "need" another thing. But, I'd also consider it a healthy obsession to have.

On the plus side (if you find Jessica doesn't agree with you) you'll know for sure after giving her workouts another chance. And, I don't think you'll have any difficulty unloading workouts if they aren't for you. No harm, no foul...really.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-21, 08:03 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
Sending you big hugs. Please be kind to yourself and I hope your recovery goes well.
Wishing you the same, Lori

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-21, 10:22 PM  
angie_nrs

You might be pleasantly surprised when you reach menopause. For me, it happened rather quickly. I was having regular cycles like clockwork, then skipped one here and there, and then just stopped. That was it. I remember a couple years prior to my periods ending though that I had raging PMS and crankyness.....I didn't even want to be around myself. After the cycles stopped so did the moodiness and brain fog. I feel much better now that I haven't had a cycle in almost 2 years, although I still have night sweats, hot flashes, and now some bladder leakage. I guess that estrogen was good for something.

PennyK....my heart aches for you. I'm so sorry about your son. I'm glad you are concentrating on what's best for your body and overall health. (((Hugs)))
Old 03-29-21, 06:36 AM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Erica- Thank you for your support as it is very much appreciated!! Sending it right back at ya!!!

Fanofladyvols- Thanks for your message! its nice to know that I am not alone!

Schoolgirl- Yes, I can totally relate to that!

Pam- Thanks for posting! It is very reassuring to know that others are in a similar place!

Angie- I hope I am pleasantly surprised! My fingers are crossed!!

Lori- Sorry to hear of your struggles. My story is similar...went from a size 8 to a size 16/18 in a few years. I am the largest I have ever been but that's ok! Whether the number on my scale is low or high, it no longer changes my opinion of myself. I am the same beautiful person! Although, now I am extra moody, forgetful, emotional and change my mind instantly! I hope your injury heels up fast. You said you failed at so many things over the last 3 years but I bet if you really looked you would see that you have succeeded at a lot too. I always have to remind myself to be kind to myself and treat myself like I would treat a friend in need. Hang in there....you are not alone.
Gemini2874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-21, 07:46 AM  
PennyK

PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body acceptance, body positivity, perimenopause