Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-17, 09:58 AM  
Bubbeez

Reviews on the Faceblaster?

Curious to hear if it's well made?
What kind of results?
How are the skin products that come with the gift set?

Also has anyone gotten Ashley Black's new book? Is it worth getting?
Bubbeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-17, 11:41 AM  
keilan00

I would be cautious with the Faceblaster. Some people have great results and others do not. Some women in the Over 40 Fasciablaster Facebook group are reporting negative experiences including increased nasolabial folds, marrionette lines, jowls, saggy skin, and fat atrophy. Those that have complained in the main Fasciablaster group page are immediately kicked out of the group and their posts are deleted. That group is extremely censored and negative experiences are often deleted by the next day. Long term results are unknown and I'm not interested in being a guinea pig.

Facial massage such as the Tanaka massage method, FACEROBICS with Peta, and face yoga videos on youtube are safer alternatives. Even these can be over done. Moderation is key.

I have no experience with the Faceblaster but own the regular size Fasciablaster and the Mini2. I'm gradually using those 2 devices less and less due to reported side effects and blood test results of other users. I'm shifting to The Melt Method for self-care treatment and Jill Miller's book: The Roll Model. As far as exercise goes, I believe workouts like Classical Stretch, Hamelin D'abell's Blitzmatics, Callanetics, Tracy Anderson's sculpting movements, T-Tapp, pilates, and ballet...all work on deep internal fascia when regularly performed.
keilan00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-17, 01:24 PM  
Psyche
VF Supporter

It works for me - including smaller bags under my eyes, and lines gone on my neck. I like to look at myself in the mirror again because I think I look younger. Generally I do not like to look at myself, so there must be a significant change!

I tried the face cleansers and oil that came with it. Eh don't care for it. I have sensitive skin (rosacea) and it made my whole face (temporarily) bright red. I've read on the forum that others are having the same issues with the product.

I have the book, just because. Really all the info can be found on her website and youtube videos. I wouldn't recommend it.

Last edited by Psyche; 04-08-17 at 01:26 PM. Reason: adding more info
Psyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-17, 03:46 PM  
PennyK

PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-17, 03:56 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by keilan00 View Post
I would be cautious with the Faceblaster. Some people have great results and others do not. Some women in the Over 40 Fasciablaster Facebook group are reporting negative experiences including increased nasolabial folds, marrionette lines, jowls, saggy skin, and fat atrophy. Those that have complained in the main Fasciablaster group page are immediately kicked out of the group and their posts are deleted. That group is extremely censored and negative experiences are often deleted by the next day. Long term results are unknown and I'm not interested in being a guinea pig.
Wow.
Quote:
<snip>I'm gradually using those 2 devices less and less due to reported side effects and blood test results of other users. <snip>
Whoa - what kind of side effects and blood test results?! This is really surprising.
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-17, 06:21 PM  
keilan00

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyK
I would love to hear more thoughts on exercise and the effect on the deep internal fascia like mentioned above.
Ha. I have no scientific proof. Over the years, I've observed exercisers repeatedly comment on the cinching effect of these workouts (Classical Stretch, Hamelin D'abell's Blitzmatics, Callanetics, Tracy Anderson's sculpting movements, T-Tapp, pilates, and ballet). Their bodies get smaller although they are not necessarily burning many calories. I believe controlled strengthening movements combined with constant stretching in different planes mechanically stresses and acts on fascia, allowing it to rehydrate, exchange fluids, and structurally reorganize itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond.omega
Whoa - what kind of side effects and blood test results?!
Some users' blood tests are showing indications of kidney dysfunction such as high creatine levels. Some have rhabdomyolysis like symptoms. Some are reporting elevated liver enzymes, C-Reactive Protein, platelets, and triglycerides. Some had protein in their urine, too. There are women who have stopped using the Fasciablaster and report having cellulite where they never had it before, recoil, and return of pain.
Old 04-08-17, 08:29 PM  
Bubbeez

Interesting comments!

I'm over 40, so i'm looking for facial products that make me look more youthful without resorting to medical treatments. I think I'll hold off on the FaceBlaster. I'll wait for more reviews/testing. I think I'll pass on the book too. There is quite a bit of info on the web....

I have the FasciaBlaster and mainly use it on my back after vigorous yard work. It's nice when used in moderation.

I also use MELT, Jill Miller, T-Tapp, Callanetics, and CS/Essentrics. All of them are pretty awesome!
Bubbeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-17, 09:06 PM  
Lannette

I ordered a faceblaster to use in my massage practice. I don't plan to use it on faces. I currently own two full blasters and minis - one each for clients, one each for me.

Callanetics movements and stretches pretty much target all of the fascial lines taught by Tom Myers, which is pretty cool considering the fact that Callanetics came before Tom Myers' books and classes.

Keilan00 - I don't read every post on the FB Facebook pages but somehow I totally missed all that drama. I can see how Extreme blasting could potentially cause short term blood level changes but some of what you propose seems pretty far fetched. My understanding is that some of the "members" bashing the blaster and purporting bad outcomes were trolls potentially connected with another instructor who coincidentally plans to sell a - you'll never guess - fascia tool!

None of my clients has ever bruised following a session where the blaster was used. I've only recently bruised in a couple of places and there was no pain and the bruising quickly cleared.

I suggest that anyone wanting more info on the fascia blaster read up on https://ashleyblackguru.com/what-is-fascia/ - Start there and branch out to other parts of the site.

I have Ashley's book and find it helpful. Most of what's in the book is available online in one form or another but it's nice having it all in one place. The book does include a series of stretches that can be used both diagnostically and to improve posture/body balance. I can't recall having seen them before, even in her ICE Foundation series.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-17, 09:43 PM  
pgun3

I have a fasciablaster and have purchased the faceblaster. I have also not heard of the blood problems with the fasiablaster and in the beginning I read the posts regularly. I cannot give any info on if the fascia blaster works as I guess I don't want to spend the time it takes to see if it works. But I think I will definitely try the faceblaster when I get it.
pgun3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-17, 11:31 PM  
keilan00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette
some of what you propose seems pretty far fetched. My understanding is that some of the "members" bashing the blaster and purporting bad outcomes were trolls potentially connected with another instructor who coincidentally plans to sell a - you'll never guess - fascia tool!
Since the Facebook page moves so fast and negative comments typically get deleted within a day, most people will never even see them unless they were there at the precise moment they were posted.

The people reporting these issues are not affiliated with anyone. The one that reported symptoms similar to rhabdomyolysis is a nurse and just posted this 2 days ago. She replied in response to someone posting a link that the Fasciablaster does not stress the kidneys or liver. She was experiencing horrible symptoms, went to her doctor to get tested, and her physician instructed her to stop using the device. She stopped for 3 weeks. When she started again, she exhibited the same problems of stressed kidneys.

This other poor woman suffered a ruptured kidney (see Nov. 17, 2016 post):
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum...3649&start=125

As for the negative effects on the face, join the Over 40 group and you can read about their experiences. I'm starting to wonder if this group is being censored too because I'm seeing more greyed out member names which denotes being kicked out of the group.

Is it plausible for someone to have a negative experience from using the device or are they automatically lying? Who is the instructor with dedicated trolls? How did you make this connection? I hope you are not suggesting Sue Hitzmann because I mentioned the Melt Method in my earlier post. I purchased her book in 2013 but have been too lazy to use it but will be revisiting it again. For many years I've owned Miracle Balls, Yoga Tune Up balls, and Yamuna balls. I don't think Elaine Petrone, Jill Miller, and Yamuna Zake have minions denouncing the Fasciablaster in order to attract clients.

I have mostly positive experiences with the Fasciablaster but there are times when I wonder if I'm injuring myself. I am always careful and conservative when using it. A month ago, a muscle in my lower back became inflamed and hurt for 2 days after using the device. Another time I had a sharp pain above my right breast from trying to release my pecs with the blaster. No one knows the long term effects. In Ashley's latest live video, her body is still beyond bound and she is noticably heavier than last month. It honestly looks she gained 15-20 lbs within a month. She's short and so am I. That number is actually a very kind estimate.

When something goes wrong, everyone says to keep going and to trust Ashley and the process. Ashley Black keeps insisting that she is a scientist but she has no degree. I don't even see any licenses nor certifications.

Tags
face blaster, face exercise, facial exercises, fascia blaster, rosacea