Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-23-16, 07:44 AM  
Tugger31

Question Butt/Glute work

Besides Butt Bible and EBE2, what other workout dvds out there really work the glutes primarily?? I feel alot of lower body/glute workouts on the market, even if labeled as a butt/glute workout, seem to really work the thighs and not the glutes. I'm not interested in getting my quads bigger/more muscular at this point.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-16, 08:07 AM  
muggle

Cathe'S "Butts & guts". It's one of the toughest out there. It's chapterd so you can take out the ab work. Of course it has numerous premixes as well.
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-16, 09:16 AM  
topfitmama

Tracey Mallett's "Bootylicious" is good, especially the second workout.
If you like floor work, Mary Helen Bowers has a lot of glute work done on the floor on your back, side and all fours. Those exercises burn!
I think Linda Wooldridge has some good glute glute work too. You can find a lot of her workouts on youtube.
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-16, 10:00 AM  
MARIKA

ITA about Linda Woolridge. Her standing traditional stuff is awesome. He Old School Lower is 30 min plus some fw and really rocks. Her Barre Bell one is my new fave. I need to get her Lower Pyramid which sounds great. All her stuff is really the best IMO! She's my new instructor crush!
Old 04-23-16, 11:06 AM  
Lorelai

Here's what I've noticed about movements working the quads vs the glutes (strengthening the glutes is my goal too). When my posterior chain is weak, and it generally is, movements that are typically billed as "great for those glutes," like squats, I often feel more in my quads. I think it's two things. One, I don't trust my glutes very much because they're weak, so I don't sit my weight back quite enough to really target them, and two, related to one, my quads are stronger and therefore they take over the exercise. When I go slow and really focus on form, I can access my glutes more, but I've come to the conclusion that floorwork may be a better alternative, to keep the quads from engaging so much.

Tracey Mallett is good at hitting the glutes. I did the standing portion of Fuse Dance Cardio Lean and my backside was sore the next day (granted, weak glutes here). Sections of Pilates Super Sculpt target them too. There are some challenging standing barre exercises in general that always cause me to notice how weak my glutes actually are, maybe look in that direction?

"Practice makes progress." Jessica Smith

"There's always an option before we quit." Jessica Smith

"You don't have to be a ballerina to feel like one." Ellen Barrett
Lorelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-16, 11:17 AM  
dnna

for the last couple of months I have not been able to do cardio or standing work, and pulled out my trust Winsor Buns and thighs. 18 minutes. I did it daily , or every other day depending on my knee. some of the exercises in her fetal five were ones the chiro said to do.
butt is made of steel. seriously just doing B&t has made my bottom rock hard. Also don't think it does anything really for the quads. just inner'outer thighs.
sometimes a really simple workout, with no stress to the joints can be so effective
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-16, 11:47 AM  
flamingoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnna View Post
for the last couple of months I have not been able to do cardio or standing work, and pulled out my trust Winsor Buns and thighs. 18 minutes. I did it daily , or every other day depending on my knee. some of the exercises in her fetal five were ones the chiro said to do.
butt is made of steel. seriously just doing B&t has made my bottom rock hard. Also don't think it does anything really for the quads. just inner'outer thighs.
sometimes a really simple workout, with no stress to the joints can be so effective
Thanks for mentioning this one! I've been thinking about pulling it out forever. I can't believe how weak my glutes are! I started doing Essentrics last week and the lying butt work I can barely feel. Need to step it up a notch
flamingoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-16, 01:35 PM  
buffmama

Cathe's Great Glutes - no dread and I feel it for a few days afterwards.
Bum Bum
buffmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-16, 01:47 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Cathe's Great Glutes - no dread and I feel it for a few days afterwards.
Bum Bum
I love those too.

Quote:
If you like floor work, Mary Helen Bowers has a lot of glute work done on the floor on your back, side and all fours. Those exercises burn!
I totally agree with Topfitmama on that one, especially "Ballet Beautiful Body Blast", that one let me walking funny for a few days!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-16, 03:07 PM  
Tugger31

What do the two Butt Series in MHB's Body Blast offer that Linda's, Tonique Mat or Tracy Anderson's Mat workout don't? I don't like spending money for things that aren't too different from what I already have.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
butt/glute workout