Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-26-22, 07:02 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathTeacher View Post
Thanks, Girls! I have had a great day. I got several hilarious cards, flowers, cookies, pizza, M&M's, etc..... AND the Razorback game starts in 3 minutes. What more can a girl ask for?
Woohoo!!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-22, 01:40 PM  
Vantreesta

Katie, I know we've talked about snowshoeing in the past and how to prepare for it. We're hoping to get to do our trip this year and since I'm all over the place with my workouts trying to fit in too many different things I decided to look up snowshoe training to try to get myself focused. I thought this was a pretty good website and thought I'd share in case you're interested.

https://trailandsummit.com/how-do-yo...r-snowshoeing/

Yesterday I didn't workout but cleaned the kitchen, baked oatmeal cookies and worked on workout card organization instead, so I was determined to not to skip working out today but I have a tension jaw/headache and can't get warmed up. We were finally able to walk just under 3 miles this morning (29 degrees with real feel of 20!) and I suspect I'm just cold bc I didn't change out of my sweaty shirt when we got home. But I also stayed up too late last night and feel like a cozy nap instead of anything else!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 01-27-22, 09:31 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Happy belated Birthday MT! Sounds like a really fun day!

Vannie, thanks for the website link. I will check it out.

I've been on a Upright Health youtube trend recently. My hips feel better. Yay! I haven't done much today for exercise though because I've been working on taxes. Made a BIG dent. I'm going to take a break from it and start up again next week.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-22, 12:31 AM  
Vantreesta

Katie, is it just me or does it seem like Matt has been putting out more videos recently? I really like him. Good for you getting a start on your taxes. I need to sit down and figure out what we're still missing and what I need to print. I always feel a little guilty considering I was an accounting major but I have been so much happier since we started having someone do ours. I would basically get crabby and be stressed from about mid January till I got them done in early March. It's been several years but I still associate the Superbowl with taxes bc I sometimes tried to do them that day for some reason.

Totally unrelated but I am so ready for baseball season!! I hope they end the lockout in time for spring training to start on time.

Old 01-30-22, 12:30 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Vannie, I do think Matt has been putting out a little more content recently. It's been pretty good too. This week I'll be starting on another part of our taxes. I have to say, this is all prep for the accountant but there is a lot of it. We are much happier having an accountant too. But I try to break up the prep into 3 weeks and take breaks and think about nothing after each segment is done or I will get crabby.

We got my favorite seed catalog in the mail recently. So I've been dreaming and scheming of what/when. This will be our first Spring with the greenhouse and I hope to get started in March. Like you with baseball, Vannie, nice to start thinking Spring in some ways!

Exercise has been a little of everything, some days youtube, some days dvd, everyday doing some stretch or strength on my own. Still too icy and dicey to get an honest to gosh walk in. But still spending some time outside with the dogs doing all kinds of tasks.

Have a great Sunday everyone!

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-22, 09:42 PM  
Vantreesta

Hi, guys. Friday I did day 7 of the Human 2.0 movement and Lauren's squat challenges, Caroline's glute activation workout, a 10 min stepper workout, Aztec Athletics 5 Min upper back band workout and day 5 of Yoga With Bird 30 day challenge. Nothing yesterday or today. The weather has been really nice here this wknd. Our afternoon walk today was perfect at 20 degrees, no wind and partly cloudy.

Katie, that sounds like a very smart way to tackle the taxes!

Old 01-31-22, 09:50 PM  
MathTeacher

I did not do so well in January. I really have to get my crap together for February.