Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-22-22, 12:02 PM  
Vantreesta

http://videofitness.com/~vfwnk/forum...05#post2954205

February thread is up
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-22, 12:04 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catahoula Cate View Post
Vannie, Thank you! That is very thoughtful. I'm 5' 8-9" and I'm guessing?? yours may be on the small side for me. I did look for jackets locally and most didn't appeal and the ones that did are out of stock of course. But, I did check REI just now and they do have one that should fit the bill. And I should get it by the end of next week! I should look at REI more often. I am a member but I don't always remember them.
Katie, that's great! I generally forget about REI too. Yeah, mine is slightly big on me bc they didn't have any smaller (it was even bigger on me when my parents bought it for in HS!) but since I'm only 5'2" I'm sure it wouldn't be as long as you want. So glad you found one and it will be there soon though!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 01-24-22, 09:28 AM  
Vantreesta

Friday I did another Happy Yoga episode. Even though I had planned more I still count it as a win bc we went up north to my father-in-law's when hubby got home from work and usually on those days I do nothing but spend time with Cyric since he can't go with us. So easy yoga and vacuuming was more than I usually do before going up! I forgot to do any type of workout on Saturday so my streak is broken but I won't beat myself up, I'll just start again. I went to the thrift store and scored the best deal, ten bucks for a barbell with 60# of plates on it and a dumbbell with small plates on it! I was beyond excited!! (Still am of course.) We came home yesterday and I spent the evening petting Cyric (splurged and had him groomed at the kennel so he's all soft and clean smelling) and watching TV with hubby. Back on my game today!

Old 01-24-22, 05:27 PM  
Leonana

Did 10 Minute Cardio warmup from Senior Shape Fitness. I needed something light and short for my first workout this week. I’m feeling much better, but don’t have all my energy back yet. Planning on a stretch this evening, if I remember!

Vannie, sounds like a fun weekend, and great score at the thrift store. I remember a clean and soft dog, so nice to snuggle.
Old 01-24-22, 09:51 PM  
MathTeacher

Hi Girls,
I am finally feeling like a human again. I'll post more later.
Old 01-26-22, 07:36 AM  
Donna D

Happy Birthday Math Teacher! Enjoy your special day!
Donna D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-22, 09:04 AM  
Vantreesta

I was coming to post the same thing, Donna!

Happy birthday, MT! I'm glad you're feeling better. Hope you have a wonderful day!

Old 01-26-22, 10:14 AM  
Leonana

Happy Birthday MT! I’m glad you are feeling better.
Old 01-26-22, 10:20 AM  
Vantreesta

Hey, guys! I haven't used my new barbell yet but I'm looking forward to it! I'm still trying to figure out how to schedule myself so I can do the things I want but in a way that isn't overwhelming and dread-inducing.

Monday I did day 6 of the Human 2.0 and Lauren squat challenges and a Caroline Jordan hamstring workout. Then I did my pre-run calf and knee workouts from YouTube, 2.066 mi for 10k trainer wk1 day3 on the treadmill using VA Wild California Run for scenery and Zombies Run S3M48 for motivation (distraction? ), Helen Clare's piriformis workout and Yoga for Runners post-run practice. Yesterday was a wind chill warning so I put off our first walk till about 1:00 and had a terrible time overcoming slugdom all day as a result. I wasted so much time on YouTube! Around 4:30 I finally convinced myself to do a 20 minute Leslie walk and the flexibility and relaxation segment of 10MS Yoga. Another wind chill warning this morning but I'm determined not to repeat yesterday's lack of self-discipline!

Old 01-26-22, 06:57 PM  
MathTeacher

Thanks, Girls! I have had a great day. I got several hilarious cards, flowers, cookies, pizza, M&M's, etc..... AND the Razorback game starts in 3 minutes. What more can a girl ask for?