Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-10-22, 10:27 PM  
Vantreesta

Today I did day 1 of Kassandra's new yoga and meditation challenge, day 4 of Yoga With Bird and Qi Gong, and PT stuff: hamstrings with Caroline Jordan, plyo calves from Aztec Athletics, bulletproof knees from GuerillaZen, and piriformis with Helen Clare. I ran out of time for the main workout!

So glad Scout is better!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-22, 12:58 AM  
Vantreesta

Today after lunch I shoveled packed snow (from last week) for 45 minutes. It was 40 degrees and felt so awesome I just had to go for a run after I finished. I was excited to go and even though I know it wasn't smart, I didn't do any warmup bc I knew I would lose the oomph so I just changed clothes and went for wk1 day1 of the 10k trainer, which was 8x :60 run/:90 walk with 5 min warmup and cooldown walks, so 2.15 mi. Then I did Yoga for Runners post-run practice before I took Cyric for his second walk. Felt so good to run, even though it was just 8 one-minute intervals!

I'm going to try to still do the challenges I've started but space them out and not try to do them all every day.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 01-13-22, 10:28 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Vannie, great that you got a run in and 40 degrees must felt awesome after all that seriously cold weather.

I ended up with an emergency trip to the eye Dr. earlier this week. I was having symptoms(light flashes) of a retinal tear/detachment which would mean surgery. DH and I are familiar with the symptoms as he had retinal tears about a year ago and had to have surgery. Thankfully, it turned out to be a vitreous detachment which shares the same symptoms as retinal issues but it is non surgical. I now have some large floaters in one of my eyes that I'm trying to get used to as a result but I'm so relieved it is nothing more. It was still a little unsettling. I finally got back to exercising today and did a short Lee Holden Qi Gong video on getting the feet more flexible.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-22, 10:22 AM  
Leonana

Katie, I’m glad your eye doesn’t need surgery. I hope the floaters subside for you.

Vannie, nice workouts! Spacing them out sounds like a good plan.

No workouts for me this week. I’m battling a cold. It’s more like a mild cold, scratchy throat with congestion. I came down with it on Monday night. However, yesterday afternoon I had a heaviness in my chest and throat, and my throat felt more raw. Fortunately, it only lasted a couple of hours and I could breathe and swallow okay. The heaviness in my chest alarmed me so I got a home test. I tested positive for Covid. As a side note, the home tests are pretty easy to do. I’m so thankful I’m triple vaxed, the heaviness in my chest could have been worse. I felt almost over it Wednesday, worse yesterday, and better today. Crossing my fingers I get over it soon.
Old 01-14-22, 07:58 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Sherry, I hope you are fully on the mend and that heaviness is gone for good!! That sounded scary. I'm glad you were able to get a home test done. Keep us posted!

Do The Next Thing!
Old 01-15-22, 12:49 PM  
Leonana

I'm feeling much better today, just slightly congested and no scratchy throat. I had symptoms Monday night. Tuesday and Wednesday were light congestion, heavier congestion on Thursday and Friday. Fortunately, no cough just a head cold. If I hadn't known it was covid, I wouldn't have thought it was that bad. I was much sicker last fall when I had those two colds in September and October. This time, I think the anxiety was the worst part!

Dh is still battling it, he has a nasty cough. He didn't get tested, but he had symptoms before me, so I'm sure I got it from him. He seems to have a worse case than me, but thankfully, just a cold. Crossing my fingers we are on the mend!

Decongestant helped me the most, and cough medicine for dh. Also, lots of rest, fluids and healthy eating. I did up my Vitamin D and take some zinc, figured it couldn't hurt!

Katie, thanks for the well wishes. Fortunately, the heaviness in my chest and throat lasted only a short time on Thursday afternoon, and I had no problems breathing or swallowing. That's what motivated me to test. I did take some ibuprofen, maybe that helped to relieve it.
Old 01-16-22, 08:54 PM  
Vantreesta

Today I spent over an hour putting away all the Halloween stuff. The tubs were all packed before I went to AZ in November but I hadn't played Tetris getting everything back in the closet. Nice to have that done. The basement looks so much bigger!

Wednesday I just did day 2 of Kassandra's current yoga challenge. Thursday I did days 3 and 4 of the challenge and I think day 4 of the challenges I didn't do on Monday. Friday was a Leslie ramp workout and Kassandra day 5. Yesterday was a Jessica Smith HIIT walk, Cathe Stretch Max resistance band routine and Kassandra day 6.

Katie, so glad your retina isn't detached. I have those floaters too. I really only notice them when I'm driving a long time in daylight though.

Sherry, I'm sorry about the positive covid test. The heavy chest would definitely cause anxiety! Glad you're feeling better.

MT, how are things going with you?

Old 01-17-22, 05:16 PM  
MathTeacher

I wanted to drop in real quick and see how everyone is doing. I have sinus infection number 2. I feel better today. I will probably not exercise any this week.

Sherry, I hope you feel better soon

Katie, I am glad you do not need eye surgery.

Vannie, I am glad you are healthy.
Old 01-17-22, 06:09 PM  
Leonana

Feeling much better today, almost back to normal.

MT, sorry to hear about the sinus infection, but glad you are feeling better. I can relate to getting derailed on the exercise front.

Vannie, good job on putting away all the Halloween bins.
Old 01-18-22, 02:05 PM  
Catahoula Cate

Sherry, glad you are doing better.

MT, I hope you are able to knock out the sinus infection soon!

Vannie, I'm glad you are healthy too!

I'm still getting used to the floaters. I am improving, just taking time.

Last night I did the warm up to Ryan Lochte's hard-core. It was mostly arms and upper shoulders and it felt pretty good. A nice little burn. Pretty blustery day today. I'm planning on doing another dvd but haven't decided which one yet.

Do The Next Thing!