Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-29-16, 10:08 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
I might, repeat might try Pilates by Lisa. I keep hearing she is hard though, and if "hard" means a lot of wristy, planky work I'll have to pass.
Pat, as prettyinpink said, there's not much plank work at all, some all fours but not much (and she always says you can go down onto your forearms), and then a fair bit that might bother you for triceps and back area, but you could easily avoid it and get that work other ways. She does a LOT of bridge work, a fair bit of side lying work. There are some standing workouts, and some upper body with weights (to work triceps and back without having to prop yourself up). Have you tried out her freebie workouts? That might give you an idea.
bee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-16, 10:09 AM  
TracyQ

Quote:
I might, repeat might try Pilates by Lisa. I keep hearing she is hard though, and if "hard" means a lot of wristy, planky work I'll have to pass.
Hi Pat--Every body is different but I have a rotator cuff and bicep tendon tear and tennis elbow and can do the majority of Lisa's workouts. If there is something that bothers my shoulder I modify. I sometimes skip her upper body workouts and do my physical therapy exercises but I never feel like I have to modify so much that I'm wasting my time.

I love your avatar .

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-16, 10:30 AM  
KellyMarie65

Anyone use Pilatesology?
KellyMarie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-16, 11:35 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyinpink View Post
I don't know what you'd consider a lot. I've only been there two months, but have used a couple different workouts every day there, and my impression from those is that it is pretty balanced for the lower body between side lying leg work, glue bridges, and all fours work. For the ones I have done, it actually seems like there is less of the all fours than the other two, but I haven't done anywhere near all of the workouts. And she does tricep push-ups both belly down and belly up. I've seen very little plank work.

The hard for me has been the ab work, but she does give modifications, but for someone who is already experienced with Pilates, I don't know if she is super advanced or not. It's just that I hadn't done ab work at this level in a long time. Then again, I haven't seen any of the very advanced Pilates moves (that I only know are advanced from Pilates books I've read). And she doesn't do ones that I hate, like the rolling like a ball.

Now there is one move she does a LOT that I can't complete the reps of, because it hurts my wrists and into one of my elbows so badly, no matter how I try to adjust. I need to figure out something else to do for that one. It's a prone press-up where you press part way up, like you're going to do a cobra, for the triceps/back, but she does a lot of reps and its really hard on my body, and I don't normally have wrist problems.
Prettyinpink and everyone who responded - I thank you for the feedback! Actually a lot of bridge work sounds like what I need. Hmmmmm ... I may have to think harder.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-16, 12:10 PM  
leigh1673

Continuing with Barre3 streaming. I think I still have Beachbody on Demand too.
leigh1673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-16, 12:13 PM  
muggle

Cathe Live. It's worth every penny!
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-16, 12:53 PM  
Missiscipi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillygirl View Post
That's a shame. Most smaller businesses are the ones with the best customer service. Opening a dispute with your credit card company (or PayPal - even better) would be very easy.
Thanks ladies I am going to dispute it via PayPal.
Missiscipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-16, 01:22 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Pat,

I have a lot - and I mean A LOT - of arthritis in my hands and wrists, so much so that it hurts to hold a weight more than about 3 pounds in my right hand. I've been doing Lisa's stuff exclusively for the last month or so and haven't had any problems. Occasionally I will modify something that is all fours - and I skip the upper body workouts that don't use weights or a resistance band because I know that they will be very wrist and hand intensive - and I haven't had any problems.

Carol
txhsmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-16, 01:25 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Thank you Carol!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-16, 01:27 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

So many streaming workouts, so little time!

Which instructors add new workouts every week? That is one great feature of Cathe Live.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
streaming services, streaming video