Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-14, 08:17 AM  
poohpeggy

I bought the surround sound also. I remember how disappointed I was in how Cathe handled the sound issue. Gym BSB is still one of my favorites.
poohpeggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-14, 02:52 PM  
juberann

I love Muscle Max but shelved it awhile back because I didn't own a barbell. But since aquiring my BEST purchase ever in Les Mills PUMP, I now have one and have purchased additional plates for it so I am going to try MM again. What an awesome strength workout that one is but I always felt weird about doing it without a barbell it's a vidiot thing, I think
Old 03-10-14, 04:27 PM  
cmiyachi

I just did this workout recently after a long time of not doing it. It really is a great workout. I missed it!

I have a professional relationship with web sites that sell yoga downloads.
cmiyachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-14, 04:41 PM  
Scbayless

If I want a full body lifting work out, this is the one I reach for first. Love it. And Imax3 is one of my all time favorite work outs ever. Gym styles are lovely too.
Old 03-10-14, 05:14 PM  
patriots

I just bought a bunch of Gym Style workouts from Mary… so they are new to me. I have owned High Step Challenge for a while, and it was too hard for me then! Now I can do it… it kicks my a$$ but doesn't slay me!!
patriots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-14, 06:04 PM  
Sara1000

L LOVE the Gymstyles. I often do the shorter premix as there seem to be more sets than necessary in the full workout.
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-14, 08:15 PM  
annette
VF Supporter

I've been thinking of getting MM but keep putting if off because I have so many of Cathe's weight workouts already. What do you guys love about MM?
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-14, 09:48 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Annette: Muscle Max has the best of heavy lifting from the Gym Styles without a ton of sets or reps. You don't have to use a barbell if you don't want to, either. I usually use MM as an all upper body (w/ or w/o core) or lower body (w/ or w/o core) workout. I have done it a few times as a whole body workout but it's over an hour so usually I break it up. It is worth the investment if you can get it.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-14, 10:22 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by juberann View Post
I love Muscle Max but shelved it awhile back because I didn't own a barbell. But since aquiring my BEST purchase ever in Les Mills PUMP, I now have one and have purchased additional plates for it so I am going to try MM again. What an awesome strength workout that one is but I always felt weird about doing it without a barbell it's a vidiot thing, I think
And I, OTOH, happily gave up using a barbell as I hate wielding one across my back and shoulders.
I use dumbbells for all barbell workouts and don't miss one. And Muscle Max is my favorite Cathe workout!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-14, 12:35 AM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

I lurve Muscle Max too -- the upper body premix and lower body premix can't be beat! What else is in Cathe's catalog of goodies that can match up to this? That is, 35-45 mins for upper body and 20-30 mins for lower body, and a great feeling of "I got lots of lifting done and done"
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, hardcore series, muscle max