Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-17-14, 03:39 PM  
Jeanne Marie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara1000 View Post
Jeanne I'm impressed but I already knew you were a workout animal!
Thank you, Sara!

I meant to say this also, but forgot. Another one of my goals is to remain injury free. Having broken my wrist a few years ago doing a step workout, it made me extremely aware of how fast it can happen in the simplest of circumstances.

I was reading on another forum (runner's forum) so many posts from people basically bragging that they can run in snow and ice and sub zero temps. In my opinon, that's just asking for it. Everything is all fine and good, until it's not. There are no do-overs. Most of the people who were posting with that kind of attitude were pretty young though. They'll learn.
Old 02-17-14, 04:44 PM  
Sara1000

Oh that is so true! I don't want to do anything to risk injury because it would be so hard to get back where I am (if ever). Of course it could still happen but I try not to invite it. I like to include a lot of balancing exercises and even practice on a balancing disc for that reason also. Still do step though, but carefully (I think).
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-14, 05:22 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanne Marie View Post
Oh and I completely agree with Bubbles.... I definitely strive to stay injury free.

My typical workout day is much like yours. Yesterday I ran 6 miles and did Cathe's Afterburn. Regarding using Cathe's poundage.... I am able to match her in her current weight workouts (Burn Sets), but I always exceed her in older workouts like Pure Strength and GymStyles.
Yes, nothing like an unexpected injury to make you reevaluate. You are so lucky that you can run 6 miles a day! Never, ever take it for granted. I wish I could run again, but it doesn't look like it's in the cards. However, I am glad that I am able to do plyo again.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-14, 05:24 PM  
cyana

Two thumbs up for you, Sara!

I'm 56 and my goal is to be strong, injury free, maintain my independence for many years and avoid the doctor and hospital like the plague!

On a related note, check out my siggy line.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-14, 05:34 PM  
aquakat

Hmmm, when I'm most honest with myself, I have to admit that I don't really have fitness goals. I just have deeply engrained habits!

Ali
aquakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-14, 05:37 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyana View Post
Two thumbs up for you, Sara!

I'm 56 and my goal is to be strong, injury free, maintain my independence for many years and avoid the doctor and hospital like the plague!

On a related note, check out my siggy line.
I love your siggy line, Cyana!

I think that longevity and staying healthy and injury-free is a combination of luck, common sense, and hard work.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-14, 05:40 PM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

Sara what you have achieved is awesome and makes me feel inspired to stay on my path as I hurtle towards 60 (I am 58 this year). Thankyou for the inspiration!
In one sense my goals are still the same. Continue with weights and cardio in many forms and add flexibility. I have variations on the theme now, cut the amount of high impact, lower my step height and add more stretching.
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-14, 06:07 PM  
cherimac

When younger my goal was weight loss. As I got a bit older it became about lifting heavier, becoming more advanced, etc. Now that I am almost 49 and have had some nagging injuries and some perimenopausal issues, I want to nurture my body, including increasing flexibility. In the process of changing things up a bit, I have lost 12 pounds since mid September. Go figure.
Old 02-17-14, 06:17 PM  
patriots

Oh my… I must be the only vain one!! I am 51 and I still work out to look good!! I am back to playing sports now (volleyball and softball and senior olympics in the summer!!) so... I am also working on my athleticism and trying to keep supple and strong! I really have come to love working out and don't really see an end in sight!
patriots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-14, 09:30 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Sara! I am inspired by you! I just turned 50 this past year. While I have a couple of minor overuse injures I still love to workout! It really does keep us strong!

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote