Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-16, 03:46 PM  
Aurora C.

What's your favorite shoe for HIIT & Plyo?

My running shoes just aren't cutting it and my feet (& joints from plyo moves!) are letting me know about it. My feet tend to prefer the 2013 version of Air Nike for running - and which I have found exactly 1 last pair of available in my size on Ebay! I've tried others that wound up being wasted purchases, but I don't like the look of current models and it's time for an upgrade anyway. I'm thinking cross-training shoes, but definitely need a wide, cushy toe-box and wonder if maybe it's all just marketing BS anyway...I just know I need to wear something with better shock absorption, especially for the poor balls of my feet that take such a beating. Recommendations please!
Aurora C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-16, 07:44 PM  
dutchgirl
VF Supporter

K- Swiss Tubes 160s.

Awesome shoe!

Fitness happens one choice at a time - Michelle Dozois

The truth is, my body, whether I love it or not, is the vessel that houses my soul. And for that, it should be honored - Theresa Ruth Howard
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-16, 07:50 PM  
Aurora C.

Thank you! I saw you post about them when I was searching similar threads! I'm checking them out on Amazon - good assortment of color options & the price is affordable too! I may need to try a pair on!
Aurora C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-16, 10:26 AM  
rheash92

Are these cross training shoes?and do they run true to size? Thanks!
rheash92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-16, 11:33 AM  
dutchgirl
VF Supporter

They are cross trainers. In other shoes I wear a 7 1/2, in the tubes I wear an 8.

The truth is, my body, whether I love it or not, is the vessel that houses my soul. And for that, it should be honored - Theresa Ruth Howard
Old 09-24-16, 02:07 PM  
marki64

Under Armour. They are very cushiony. I also use a pair of New Balance Cush. But I have converted to Under Armour in the past couple years.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-16, 03:05 PM  
rheash92

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchgirl View Post
They are cross trainers. In other shoes I wear a 7 1/2, in the tubes I wear an 8.
Hi Sabine thank you for your answer can you please provide a link of the shoes from where you got it? I hope it isn't a bother.
rheash92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-16, 04:38 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

My podiatrist recommended the brand Hoka One One after he diagnosed me with bone spurs. They are running shoes made with lots of padding and designed with a built-in rocker sole to minimize the bend/flex in the front of the foot when walking/running. As a result, they are extremely cushy when doing drills and plyo. My feet feel great when walking OR working out in my Hoka One Ones.

Only one style comes in a wide width but the shoes are made wide-ish as a rule. I need extra room because of my bone spurs and a Hoka One One in size 9M (my usual workout shoe size) fits fine.

If you can, get fitted at a bricks-and-mortar store. My local running store had only two women's styles in stock, and one (the Clifton 3) felt right immediately on my feet; the other felt thick and clunky.
Old 09-24-16, 05:34 PM  
desertMermaid

I always have the problem of shoes feeling comfy, until i really test them out. I always end up with blisters on the side of both big toes if i dance, or jump in shoes. No matter what brand i try. Ive tried different socks too. Its really annoying!
desertMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-16, 07:37 PM  
dutchgirl
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rheash92 View Post
Hi Sabine thank you for your answer can you please provide a link of the shoes from where you got it? I hope it isn't a bother.
I got the Tubes 160s from Amazon. I have them in 4 different colors. I love them THAT much!

Tags
shock absorption, shoes for plyo, shoes for plyometrics