Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-24, 06:49 AM  
Malia

Linda Stejskal (Barlates Body Blitz) YouTube Temporarily Down

She emailed me and asked me to post here to let people know that she's working on getting her account restored. Hackers got into her gmail account and subsequently her YouTube account and YouTube shut her down. She said she's working with YouTube to get it restored.
Malia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-24, 07:04 AM  
furmomof6

She also posted about an hour ago on social media that if you purchased any of her downloads, to download them to a safe place immediately, as she cannot guarantee that the links will continue to work at this time. I feel so bad for her and hope this gets resolved soon!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-24, 08:01 AM  
alisoncooks

Oof, what a hassle for her. She has a ton of content — I hope she’s able to restore it without too many problems.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-24, 11:09 AM  
fanofladyvols

That's so sad ...why don't people do something useful with their abilities 😔

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-24, 12:12 PM  
bubbles76

I feel so bad for her! This convinced me to bite the bullet on the next Linda sale at TF though. Even downloads aren't guaranteed.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-24, 05:36 PM  
Colleen
VF Supporter

Thanks for posting this. So sorry this happened to her - darn hackers!

At the time of this post, the download links are still working.

I use her workouts a lot, mostly downloads that I store on my computer. I was behind on downloading my purchases because I was getting low on hard drive space and hadn't gotten around to getting a high-capacity portable SSD. You can also stream your purchases, so I'd been downloading some and streaming some.

Now I have most of my workouts downloaded, aside from some that I also own on DVD (because now I really am running out of hard drive space) - and I finally ordered a 4TB portable drive.

If I had a nickel for every time I've had to prove that exercise can work without pain, I'd be a very rich woman.
- Pilates teacher Brooke Siler
Colleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-24, 06:21 PM  
furmomof6

Linda updated on social media that her GMAIL has been restored, and she's hoping her Youtube account will be soon too. She also said sorry for the scare about the downloads, all links are still working and won't expire. (She posted that on IG this evening if anyone wants to verify)

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
Old 03-09-24, 07:36 PM  
Colleen
VF Supporter

That's great news!

Thanks for posting the update - So far, I'm not on IG or FB so I get my workout news here.

I don't mind the false alarm about the downloads - I didn't know whether those links would be affected either. I'd been meaning to order a portable SSD for my workout downloads for some time now, so that's finally done.

If I had a nickel for every time I've had to prove that exercise can work without pain, I'd be a very rich woman.
- Pilates teacher Brooke Siler
Colleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-24, 08:56 PM  
furmomof6

It looks like her Youtube is back! yay!

https://www.youtube.com/@BarlatesBodyBlitz

Colleen, that's good! I think it's a good lesson for us all because you just never know.

Old 03-09-24, 10:25 PM  
fanofladyvols

Thanks for the updates, Christine!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barlates, barlates body blitz, linda stejskal, linda wooldridge