Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-04-22, 08:54 AM  
seabliss

Today I did Day 2 of Heather's new Fusion Flow workouts: Arms and Abs. I will also be walking down to the river and back later, so that will be a lot of steps.

Diana, hope the week is not too stessful!

Cynthia, I'm sure your trip will be wonderful. The Azores Islands are so green and peaceful, with some really interesting geography as well. You'll love the cheese and butter there--it's famous.
Old 05-04-22, 09:41 AM  
lynnf

barre 3 weights. Enjoyed it. Today I am really going to try to get some office packing in. Yesterday I skipped it in favor of watching the old Pride and Prejudice dvd (with Colin Firth). Very bad behavior. But not enough to get me fired! I would have to do something really bad to get fired with tenure! I still have the summer to complete the job, but I want to get my files scanned so that I don't have boxes of paper to move and I need to get this set up before the end of the fiscal year due to budgeting rules (end of fiscal is July 1). I have to prepare the files for scanning, but a company will do it. I have 4 full file cabinets (yuck).

Cheryl, I will try that Heather next. Sounds good. I think these could be my go-to cardios. The only moves in the one I did that I didn't have fun with were the ones on the floor (the crab one was hard). Glad you are not a fan of the bear crawls too. Walking to the river sounds really nice.

Cynthia, great you take advantage of all the activities on your trip. By the way, my DH sometimes meets the owner of Lion yarns at prayer services when he comes out to sell to Walmart, and he always assures him that I use Lion yarn when I crochet. (Walmart world HQ is just up the road from us.)

Diana, I'm sure you can sympathize with a piles of papers to deal with after your move from your business!
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-22, 04:06 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

All right, so I'm not committing to any rotation right now, but today I did Kathy S's Rejuvenation Upper Body, with resistance tubing. I've had the Rejuvenation DVDs for quite some time but haven't done some of them ever. And I've enjoyed the ones I recently did.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-22, 09:04 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Lynn Oh yes, I feel your pain with the paperwork.

Check-In: JS Total Body Timesaver (A short workout but at least I got something done. I was on my feet a lot today so I do have quite a few steps in)

We have a younger girl at church. Her Mom home schools her. You probably remember her from me mentioning that she is handicapped, her van had quit running, and I was picking up her groceries from Walmart. Anyways, the girl, Berkeley is in theater class. She had her final play of the season today and some of us from church went to it. It was fun and I enjoyed it.

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-22, 07:47 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps from yesterday: 11,540

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 05-05-22, 02:13 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Check-in: very enjoyable 4 mile hike w/ new hiking buddy. We saw 2 coyotes!
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-22, 02:59 PM  
seabliss

Today I did Day 3 of Heather's Fusion Flow - low-impact HIIT. There was a really unique move in this one - a "driver squat." You hold one weight with both hands (she had a 10 lb-er) out in front of you, then you squat and twist the weight first one way, and then the other, like you are steering a car. I don't know how she comes up with these.

Also walked down to the river again. DH and I went to a big vintage/antique/wine/event space, an old warehouse-type of place with a great outdoor area. It was full of all kinds of unique (overpriced) oddities and antiques. You could get a drink and/or something to eat if you wanted. We always see interesting and beautiful sites on our way to places also. So again, I got a lot of walking in.

Cynthia, cool on the new walking buddy and the coyotes!

Lynn, Pride and Prejudice was a lot of fun. It was the first movie my Austin book club went to together, so I have fond memories. Sounds like you are still ahead of the game with packing.

Diana, so wonderful that you have the opportunity to connect with that girl and her family and to bless her.
Old 05-05-22, 03:15 PM  
lynnf

Barre 3 45 minute signature. We had an awful night with lots of storms and the weather alarm going off a lot so we didn't get a good night's sleep. Happily no tornadoes or anything here, but lots of rain.

Cheryl, it really sounds like you have so many interesting things to do in Porto. Europe is so much fun.

Diana, sweet you went to that play!

Cynthia, sounds like a lovely hike and good those coyotes didn't get you. Despite thinking we live in civilization wild beasts are not all that far away. Apparently a large bear bothered someone not too far away from us. Yikes!
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-22, 10:00 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Check-In: 2 hours swimming and paddling around, 50 minute outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 05-06-22, 08:49 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Friday!

Steps from yesterday: 14,181

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana