Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-22, 07:50 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyQ View Post
This grandmother was so lucky.

Grandmother’s habit of playing Wordle may have saved her life during kidnapping

https://www.foxnews.com/us/grandmoth...ing-kidnapping
Wow, what a bizarre story! Proof that staying connected to people can be life-saving!

I did a Quordle and it was definitely harder but finally got it on my last chance. I looked at Nerdle but was too intimidated to try one yet!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-22, 08:30 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
I did a Quordle and it was definitely harder but finally got it on my last chance. I looked at Nerdle but was too intimidated to try one yet!
I really like Quordle but never tried Nerdle. DH really likes it.

Just found this today - it's wordle with 6 letters and there are two games per day (refreshes every 12 hours I think). DH did this one and liked it too. I tease him that he's going to have to retire now with Wordle, Nerdle, Quordle, and wordle 2.

https://www.wordle2.in/
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-22, 08:49 PM  
BunnyHop

This one's fun too.
https://globle-game.com/
Old 02-17-22, 09:18 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyQ View Post
This grandmother was so lucky.

Grandmother’s habit of playing Wordle may have saved her life during kidnapping

https://www.foxnews.com/us/grandmoth...ing-kidnapping

I saw that story in the Chicago Tribune* online and was telling my mom about it the other day since I've been playing wordle lately due to this thread.

*FWIW, the Chicago Tribune appears to have very little content/articles in the paper these days but my 98-year-old grandma still loves it so she gets it delivered every day and we get the online access as a byproduct. I remember when the Tribune was decent newspaper though as far as having more articles than ads.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-22, 09:23 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

I read or got a news alert a little while back (after this thread started) that the creator of wordle sold it to the NYTimes. I checked wikipedia out of curiosity and apparently it sold for "an undisclosed seven-figure sum" with plans to keep it free for now. Not sure if that had been mentioned yet in this thread. Good for the wordle creator
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-22, 08:13 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
I really like Quordle but never tried Nerdle. DH really likes it.

Just found this today - it's wordle with 6 letters and there are two games per day (refreshes every 12 hours I think). DH did this one and liked it too. I tease him that he's going to have to retire now with Wordle, Nerdle, Quordle, and wordle 2.

https://www.wordle2.in/
Haha! Good thing those are games and not diseases!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
This one's fun too.
Thanks, Anna! Can't wait to check it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post
I read or got a news alert a little while back (after this thread started) that the creator of wordle sold it to the NYTimes. I checked wikipedia out of curiosity and apparently it sold for "an undisclosed seven-figure sum" with plans to keep it free for now. Not sure if that had been mentioned yet in this thread. Good for the wordle creator
Wow! I can't even imagine creating a game let alone actually selling it!

Way back when we were first married I had a subscription to, was it Dell? The ones who put out the magazines of word puzzles? Anyway, I had the subscription for a few years but didn't keep up with doing them as fast as they came so I have quite a backlog of those and the logic problem magazines that I will be pulling out again!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 02-18-22, 09:36 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
This one's fun too.
This one was definitely hard for me! All my geography knowledge seems to have disappeared over the years. I was tempted to quit and not try again another day but resisted the urge so I can relearn! So thanks for challenging me, Anna!

Old 02-18-22, 11:36 AM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
This one was definitely hard for me! All my geography knowledge seems to have disappeared over the years. I was tempted to quit and not try again another day but resisted the urge so I can relearn! So thanks for challenging me, Anna!
My brain is in the same shape. It's been fun to learn as I go along. I pull up a map, just to see what names places have now. Doesn't always help solve the puzzle, LOL!!
Old 02-18-22, 11:39 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
My brain is in the same shape. It's been fun to learn as I go along. I pull up a map, just to see what names places have now. Doesn't always help solve the puzzle, LOL!!
Oh good, I don't feel so bad for pulling up a map today! I think I got it in 15 guesses. But without the map, no way!

Old 02-18-22, 11:40 AM  
Lori_Michigan

Does anyone think the Wordles have gotten a smidge harder since the NYT takeover? They seem a little more challenging lately...
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brain fitness, games, just for fun, just for fun threads, off topic, off-topic, wordle