Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-13-21, 06:02 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

I keep a very crude and simple spreadsheet to track various things like weight, that time of the month, rainfall (we have new plantings/trees), and a couple other useful things. I reserve one column for workout(s) done that day. I just put instructor initials, initials of workout title, how many minutes and that's about it.

I find the easiest way for me to track how many workouts I have done in a week (the start of my "week" is always Wednesday for various reasons) is to make the spreadsheet cell of the first workout I do in a week RED. Then the next day I workout that week, I make that workout cell ORANGE and so on through the rainbow. But I have to start over on RED again each Wednesday.

The goal is to make a complete rainbow every week but since implementing this system I haven't gotten past PURPLE (or six workouts in a week). Guess I'd do PINK on the 7th day if I ever get there?

It's an easy way for me to visually glance at my spreadsheet and see the weeks I'm working out consistently vs. inconsistently. Plus, I love rainbows.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-21, 06:37 PM  
danac99

I use Google Keep. I create a note for each month and number it 1-30 or 31 for the number of days in that month. I then add my workout for that day. I assign a specific color for my workout log notes because I also use Google Keep to store various workout rotations. I assign a different color to those notes.
danac99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
logging, tracking workouts, workout log, workout logs