Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-02-16, 04:27 PM  
jusca

Quote:
Originally Posted by msu View Post
Whoa! I didn't see the Labor 50 code until just now. I don't think I can beat the price at Mary's after all. Thanks!
The lowest I've seen vol 2 on sale at Mary's was for the 4th of July sale and it was 79.99. With an extra 10% off, it's priced the nearly the same as the Labor Day 50% off for the combo vol 1&2 pack. It was a no brainer for me to get the labor day sale.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-16, 06:06 PM  
MARIKA

I finally caved too. I wanted it for so long but never could quite justify the cost.The half off code pushed me over the Edge, The Booty Edge Xtreme,
Old 09-02-16, 07:15 PM  
bubbles76

How long is the sale?
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-16, 08:49 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

For those who have done EBE 1 or 2 - how are the loops used? Standing, lying, firewalkers? Are they used just in EBE2 or in both?
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-16, 09:01 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
How long is the sale?
I looked on her facebook page even though I'm not on facebook, and I only saw her post:

"BIG Labor Day Sale is happening now!
Promo code: LABOR50
Get in top shape with coach Ingrid Romero best selling Edge Booty Extreme fitness series at an amazing price.
Available on www.ingridromero.com 🎉"

Nothing about when the coupon code ends. I kind of assume after Monday since Monday is Labor Day but I'm not sure.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-16, 10:14 PM  
bubbles76

Thanks ADawn!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
Old 09-03-16, 07:43 AM  
MARIKA

ThaTs why I caved Wasn't sure if its a permanent discount like some do. My luck it will end Monday.Then I'd be kicking myself in my Edge Booty!
Old 09-03-16, 09:27 AM  
bubbles76

Haha! Good one Marika

I'm wondering if intermediates can do this program. I think somewhere I read on here that it was doable for intermediates. If they are harder than Cathe leg workouts, maybe they will finally give me the results I'm looking for. And I suppose I could always sell it if it's just too grueling. I still want some barre dvds though. Decisions, decisions...
Old 09-03-16, 02:28 PM  
shoegoddess

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-16, 04:00 PM  
LizEMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I'm wondering if intermediates can do this program.
I think intermediates can absolutely do this program. I consider myself intermediate, and it's more than doable for me. (I say this after only having done TWO of the workouts. . .Maybe I should just keep my mouth shut? ) Also, I am not following the rotation nor do I have any plans to. (I just can't with rotations -- I get bored so easily and just the THOUGHT of following a rotation makes me twitch .)

There is NOT a lot of, or ANY, guidance, really, from either Ingrid herself in the actual workouts or in the "reading material" where they lay the rotation out for you on what weights to use or how to choose your poundage for these workouts. (They only mention, in a single sentence, that you will, eventually, want to increase your weights to challenge and grow your booty.) Ingrid doesn't let us know what weights she or any of her backgrounders are using, though, on some ocassions, she comments about one of the girls going heavier and will mention what weights they're picking up, but it isn't with any regularity or frequency.

As mentioned, I've only done 2 of the workouts so far (the 1st and 3rd in the rotation), and I go as heavy as I can while using good form. (In the very first workout, Weighted Legs, this means I go MUCH slower than Ingrid and crew and do a lot of pausing/rewinding, but, it's the "build phase" so, I reason, I SHOULD be going as heavy as possible. I don't know if I'm "doing it wrong", but I'm just trying to make it work for me. If I go lighter and go as fast as Ingrid and crew, I feel like it would be more metabolic and less muscle-building, and not serving it's intended purpose, at least during the "Build Phase", the 1st 3 weeks of the intended rotation.)

It seems like the girls are going much lighter than me in the 1st workout (which, by the way, IS pretty tough) and even the 2nd workout, to some degree (even though I go much lighter in that one than I do in the first), and Ingrid does some of the moves without any weights at all and instructs the home viewer to do the same, as well, if that's what your fitness level requires.

Ingrid also offers ZERO points and tips on form, at least, thus far, so it IS VERY important to have a firm, solid background in exercising -- which you do -- so you know proper form and can perform the moves safely and correctly because Ingrid is just no help with that. She instructs to "get low" or "go deep", but that's the extent of her instruction. This is both bothersome and frustrating -- and, sometimes, dangerous -- for some of the moves, at least for me. There was one double move exercise, in particular, which I was NOT familiar with as I had never done OR seen it before, and I not only would have appreciated tips and pointers but NEEDED it. (In the future, I think I'm just going to break it down to two completely separate moves and go completely at my own pace as I did in the first workout.)

Was that too much information?

I'd love to hear from others who have used EBE2 and know how everyone else uses this set/chooses their weights. . .

Tags
edge booty, edge booty extreme