Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-16, 07:34 PM  
macska
VF Supporter

going to work after workout no shower

I have a question to you guys. My daughter is signed up for a 12 weeks course, 6:45 am and no shower in the facility. She has to go straight to work after the workout. Can you recommend any body wipes or something she could used that would sub a shower? She could potentially wash her hair at the sink. Any ideas? Thank you!!

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-16, 07:44 PM  
Kitten

I *love* the body wipes, acne wipes, and makeup remover wipes they sell at Dollar Tree.
If I feel I need a bit more, I love Olay 4 in 1 daily cleansing cloths. And yes, I have used them to clean my entire upper half .
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-16, 07:47 PM  
bubbles76

Can she shower beforehand? My husband always showers before a workout, never after, and doesn't stink. Like, he would run outdoors in GA summer heat (yes, morning, but it was still 80 degrees at 6AM), and not stink if he did his morning showering/deo routine. I don't know how the universe manages that, but I don't question it.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-16, 07:48 PM  
BunnyHop

If she gets a shower with a deodorant soap then uses antiperspirant/deodorant, body powder, etc., before the class, it will help minimize the issue of odors later.

A deodorant body powder can be very useful. (And yeah, I mean one of the kind that's designed to be a deodorant, not just powder that smells like perfume. I like Shower to Shower's original one, but YMMV.)

Oh, and another issue entirely is making sure to use unscented antiperspirant/deodorant. (I like Mitchum) The body odor created by some of those scented deodorants can be truly awful, and way worse than plain old sweat.
Old 01-01-16, 08:40 PM  
videofit

I know they have something that may be called disposable bath sheets or similar, made for invalids. I bought some as part of a household emergency kit in case of power outage or disaster.
Old 01-01-16, 09:04 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

dry shampoo is awesome.

gold bond powder spray is awesome too.

*convatec cleansing foam - can be used on hair too.

*convatec skin and perineal cleanser

*these are given to hospital patients who are bed ridden and unable to use a regular shower. rinsing is not needed either.

when i've used the above, i would cleanse the areas most prone to causing odor. when done, i'd re-apply my deodorant.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-16, 10:47 PM  
Lori_Michigan

I only have a few days a week where I have time to shower before work after I workout, so I rely heavily on dry shampoo, face wipes, body wipes, body spray and baby powder. I also dress in layers so if I end up sweating through no one sees it. I also dry my hair with a hair dryer first and then do the dry shampoo, and then pull it back in a ponytail until I get to work. No one has a clue!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-16, 10:53 PM  
hypnomoon

Dry Shampoo I use is Sauve. I use Simple facial wipes. Even if she doesn't shower, she can still put on a deodorant/anti-perspirent. Gold Bond spray powder is good all over.
hypnomoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-16, 11:25 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnomoon View Post
Dry Shampoo I use is Sauve. I use Simple facial wipes. Even if she doesn't shower, she can still put on a deodorant/anti-perspirent. Gold Bond spray powder is good all over.
Those are the exact brands that I use! I also use baby wipes to clean up too.
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-16, 12:25 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I use Ban Total Refresh Body Wipes. They sell them at CVS and other drug stores. I used them today after working out when I suddenly had to go somewhere and didn't have time to shower. They come in different scents.
wishiwasinhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
morning workout, morning workouts, no shower, shower, wipes