Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-15, 09:37 AM  
TinaT

New Years Resolution to Purge DVD thread

I try to look at the year coming to an end and decide what I could have done better, smarter, etc. Exercise and fitness took a major hit this year in terms of commitment and follow through. So, this is an area I've decided to purge all workouts I'm truly not using. No more sitting on a shelf hoping for "some day". I don't have the income or space to have workouts sitting around and not being used.

Part of my commitment to this, is also having no regrets of what I let go of. No more trading/selling remorse. I've done this too much over the years to find myself in the same place at the end of each year. I turned 51 this month and it really made me feel old. I know I'm not, but I realize time it ticking away and shouldn't be wasted on dust collecting workouts.

Who else is purging this year?
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-15, 09:42 AM  
Footballnut

Same here Tina. I keep putting it off, but now it's just time to deal with it.
Old 12-26-15, 09:45 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I already have 2 stacks of about 25 DVDs that I'm planning to either donate to my local library or take to Half Price Books. I can probably easily find another 20-25 to purge.
Old 12-26-15, 09:46 AM  
sherry7899

I purge every year, and then I buy more....it's an endless cycle! At least people in my town are getting good dvds at my library's book sales.....

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-15, 09:49 AM  
TinaT

One of the big conclusions I've come to is that I need to connect with the instructor, first and foremost. I've tried like heck to use workouts because I've read how effective they are, etc. I need to not be so concerned over the music, as I used to be. I've somewhat found myself in a "pigeon hole" because of too many specifics.
Old 12-26-15, 09:57 AM  
sherry7899

Tina-I am the same way. If I don't click with the instructor, I won't do the workout.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-15, 10:10 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

I have been known to purge, only to reaquire later, doing that now with Tracie Long. I have done that more than I care to admit. Usually owning a workout twice is the maximum but there are a couple that I have owned more than that. I chalk it up to dismissing a workout too soon, but there are other times that there is something about the workout that I simply don't like. Other times I think it would be more appropriate for me now that I am older, etc.

My collection is not that big and there is not that much that I want right now. I have a box of stuff to trade that I am hopeful to acquire what I want that way instead of buying. In that same box are workouts I don't really see myself doing again but for some reason I can't seem to part with them. So I will probably just hang on to them.

I hope in the new year to just end this cycle. I have grown tired of the hassle of selling so maybe I will just sell off what I am sure I don't want anymore and be done with it. Or just be absolutely sure about a workout before I buy or sell it.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-15, 10:14 AM  
TinaT

Tara, what you stated is the exact cycle I need to break. It's time consuming and gets me no where. More than anything, I want a mind shift to what my expectations should be for me and what will help lead me to that.
Old 12-26-15, 10:42 AM  
jackie7

Why not put the DVDs you are getting rid of in Share the Wealth?
jackie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-15, 10:46 AM  
MathTeacher

I have already started by putting some old Firms on Share the Wealth. I will put more up soon.

Tags
dvds4vets.org, goodwill, purge, salvation army, share the wealth