Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-07-15, 09:45 AM  
naturallove

Modifying Classical Stretch during Pregnancy

I am nearly 25 weeks pregnant, and now that the morning sickness is pretty much gone (crossing my fingers), I am really enjoying working out again! I've been looking at my Classical Stretch workouts, but I've read from reputable sources that pregnant women should avoid too much twisting and loading of the spine to avoid straining the back and diastasis recti. Classical Stretch does a lot of strong twisting and loading of the spine, so I was wondering if any VFers who are currently pregnant (or who have been pregnant) can pass along tips to modify these workouts. FYI: I tried the prenatal workout when I had my CS online membership and did not like it at all. I'm happy to give more details, but I didn't think this was Miranda's best work and was waaay too easy, even in my relatively deconditioned state.
naturallove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-15, 01:32 PM  
JENILU

I actually like the prenatal one for my less energetic days (not pregnant, lol). Did you not get any tipe from it that might help you modify the other practices? Have you seen how Jessica Smith moves and advises in her youtube pregnancy workouts? Maybe that could give you some tipe. Sorry I'm not more hwelp. I came into this planning to tell you to get the pregnancy DVD, lol. Good luck!!
Oh, and congratulations!!!

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-15, 05:29 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Honestly, the main modification I made to workouts when pregnant was to not lie flat on my back when my belly got really big. I did regular workouts, just avoided impact (because I couldn't stand my big belly bouncing around!). I'm not sure what "loading of the spine" means. Do you have a link to that info?

Oh, and as I mentioned in the check-in, I have no idea if my diastasis happened during pregnancy or only because of my c-sections, but my abs look pretty good now. There's still a small separation. The real issue is the extra skin! I look fine upright, but in plank position, my belly looks like an udder. :/ Not that I often find myself in plank position with a bare belly in public places.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
classical stretch, prenatal, twisting