Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-15, 08:24 PM  
isebelleg44

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
I thought the same thing about the overuse of "juicy" when I was doing that class too! Steve's HQ&H class was great, as is his Opening the Upper Body, which has since become a staple in my workouts like Lauren's Reclining Hip Sequence, LOL! So glad you also liked it, Isabelle. Thanks again to curlyq for sharing this revelation in our check-in!

I also enjoyed Anaswara's Dynamic Flow when I did it a few weeks back, as it is core focused with balance work in a flow (which I love!). I thought her voice is distinctive and was easy to understand. The sound in some of these classes is less than great and I find some of the instructors hard to understand.

This morning I did another gem! Lauren's 'For the Love of Balance' - it is a sweaty 40 min. class with fantastic balance work...Floating Pigeon, Balancing twisting eagle w/ Warrior 3. And a cool moment for me, I stayed in crow longer than I ever have! She also made me aware of my breathing during these balance poses, which is something I need to work on. I just really liked this class as it was pleasantly challenging and I think it would be great practice for me for mastering UY Balance (which is my nemesis!)

Keep the reviews coming, ladies!!
I did Steve's short gem last night and loved it! I will have to try Lauren's balance one, as balance is something I struggle with.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-15, 08:27 PM  
isebelleg44

Quote:
Originally Posted by firmaholic View Post
For those of you who have subscribe to Udaya and Yoga Collective, how would you compare them? Content, ease of use, etc.

TIA,
Julia
I love Udaya, and can't see myself giving it up anytime soon. Although having both subscriptions hinders me from fully utilizing both websites. I can justify keeping both, since I took advantage of the YC groupon deal!

I love Vytas and would miss him!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
Old 02-28-15, 11:00 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

UY Balance is the toughest UY for me too. So a shorter version sounds appealing to me.
Old 04-08-15, 09:58 AM  
daisyduke

How do travis' practices compare to ultimate yogi?
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-15, 10:02 AM  
Travelmug

So far, I've only done Cross Train 60 and his 60 minute twist one. The twist class was similar to UY detox - they were on the same level in terms of intensity. I found the Cross Train UY class slightly more challenging than the YC one, but it was still a good workout.
Travelmug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-15, 02:06 PM  
daisyduke

Thanks for the reply. Are they still adding classes?
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-15, 02:16 PM  
Travelmug

Not frequently, it seems. There's probably one new practice every two weeks. If they keep up this pace, the $12/month subscription won't be worth it, IMO. But there's a free 15-day trial period if you want to check out Travis' classes.
Travelmug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-15, 06:46 PM  
isebelleg44

Reviving this thread

Today I did a superb practice with Lauren called Mermaid. It had just the right amount of challenge without being over my head and left me feeling so open. Definitely one of my favorite Yoga Collective practices so far!

Old 05-06-15, 07:03 PM  
katmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by isebelleg44 View Post
Today I did a superb practice with Lauren called Mermaid. It had just the right amount of challenge without being over my head and left me feeling so open. Definitely one of my favorite Yoga Collective practices so far!
i also like Lauren's Bound to the Moon, however, I think Mermaid is better.

Tags
travis eliot, vby, venice beach yoga, yoga, yoga streaming