Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-15, 03:39 PM  
herya

Quote:
Originally Posted by katmom View Post
Marta, upthread, I noticed some VF'ers from Canada were able to get in on this deal. However, I saw a VF'er from the UK who stated they were NOT able to purchase.
Thanks, I must have missed it katmom!
Bummer...
Old 02-06-15, 09:37 PM  
Mickey12

I tried to use some of the practices tonight and had trouble with buffering. After trying several different ones, I gave up. When I used the site last week I didn't have any issues. I'm not sure why the difference today, but it was frustrating. Since I only paid $29 for an entire year, I guess I can't be too upset. I hope it doesn't become a common occurrence.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-15, 08:13 PM  
katmom

I was just trying to see if any new practices had been added to the site and it is now displaying as The Yoga Collective. Also, I cannot get a list of any of the classes to display.
Old 02-08-15, 08:47 PM  
andtckrtoo

I had to re-log in and then select "Search all Classes" - it took me the page that I am used to and I was able to filter and pull up the classes I wanted.
Old 02-08-15, 09:22 PM  
katmom

Well, I cleared all the history from the Safari browser, logged out of the yoga site, logged back in, and clicked the SEARCH ALL CLASSES button that displayed beneath the login and the classes then displayed. Earlier I was using the drop down menu however that also now seems to be working. Perhaps they were doing some server maintenance when I was trying to access the site earlier.
Old 02-08-15, 09:23 PM  
Yelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by katmom View Post
I was just trying to see if any new practices had been added to the site and it is now displaying as The Yoga Collective. Also, I cannot get a list of any of the classes to display.
This is very strange
You're right - evidently the site is now called "The Yoga Collective", instead of Venice Beach Yoga. I would have thought they would have worked that out before they went online...I wonder why they changed it??
I didn't notice any new classes from the instructors that I'm interested in. I suspect it might be a while, but I'm hoping not.

ETA: here's a link to the site now:http://www.theyogacollective.com/
Yelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-15, 09:02 AM  
laurajhawk

I expect there was some legal challenge to the ownership of the Venice Beach Yoga name. You're right, they should work that out ahead of time, but they probably didn't do a good enough search.

I had to log in but then everything worked fine. The site looks just the same other than the name change. The old URL redirects to the new one.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-15, 11:11 AM  
Yelly

Just a heads-up, for anyone teetering on buying vs not buying the Groupon deal. They are having a 20% off sale on Local Deals right now (up to 3), so you would get 20% off of the already good price that they're giving you. The sale is only for 2 days, and the code is LOVE20:
https://www.groupon.com/deals/venice...yoga-anchorage

(also, if you use Groupon through Ebates, you get another 6% cash back)
Yelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-15, 02:10 PM  
Suzan66

I tried out Travis' 40m Yin class yesterday. Yin is very hard for me with the long holds.. Hopefully the next time I do it I can keep my mind from wandering.
Suzan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-15, 05:24 AM  
herya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yelly View Post
This is very strange
You're right - evidently the site is now called "The Yoga Collective", instead of Venice Beach Yoga. I would have thought they would have worked that out before they went online...I wonder why they changed it??
I didn't notice any new classes from the instructors that I'm interested in. I suspect it might be a while, but I'm hoping not.

ETA: here's a link to the site now:http://www.theyogacollective.com/
I think Yoga Collective is a better name, Venice Beach Yoga is too local and just feels as if a small studio threw some classes online. Perhaps they had similar insights!

Tags
travis eliot, vby, venice beach yoga, yoga, yoga streaming