Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-06-12, 07:57 AM  
trixie108

Tracy Anderson Pregnancy Project

Yay! It's here! I thought I'd jump in and do a quickie review, and I'll try to answer any questions a bit later. A few things:

1. I am not pregnant, nor have I ever been, so don't ask me about using it during pregnancy. I'm hoping we get lucky soon, but as of right now, no dice.

2. I'm on about day 150 of omnicentric, so I'm very familiar with Tracy by now. If I compare the sets a lot, that's why.

So the packaging is soo much better than meta. It's got a plastic 9 disc case, sort of like STS, but only one disc per page. There's a little front fold out that just talks a little about pregnancy and lists all the contributors.

I only did month one, but here we go. The main dvd page has meta music, ugh. Three options are workout, advice from mothers, and interview with Tracy. Then you have music and voice or voice only. The set is a neutral living room - couch, two chairs, area rug. Nothing too distracting. The ACTUAL music is almost classical. Yay! There's a bit of electronic type stuff, but slower than meta. It's actually very pretty. I think the workout was about 30 minutes, but I didn't time it so don't quote me on that.

The actual workout is broken down into 4 sections: warmup (yes you read that right!), unweighted arms, lower body, weighted arms. She starts with a ballet type warmup: grand plies, releves, forward bends and side bends. Unweighted arms is standard Tracy stuff, but she actually cues! She's very specific about direction of movement, hand placement, shoulders, etc. Lower body is again pretty typical, but with cueing. A few sets on all fours, a few sets on the side and one on the back. Weighted arms are done kneeling.

I really have to say that this is probably her best work so far. The warmup is perfect, she actually cues (!) and her personality really shines through. Now I would not suggest this to someone who is versed in her workouts. It would definitely be geared more toward beginners. It was obviously not as hard as meta, but I did break a light sweat. It would be perfect for an off day though. She does talk about pregnancy, obviously, like why we should and shouldn't do certain types of excercises, how you should be feeling, etc. I didn't watch the bonus features, but I'm sure they would be helpful for soon to be moms - she has quite a list of names that contributed. There is also a note on the back that says a portion of the proceeds go to some moms charity but I can't remember the name. There is also a $10 off coupon inside for continuity.

I think I got most of the main points, but if you have any questions, just ask!
Old 10-06-12, 03:03 PM  
Honeydew

Thanks for the review! did you feel worked out then or did you feel that you needed more? I"m wonder if this would be good for those low energy days....
Honeydew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-12, 04:21 PM  
LaCatrina

Thanks for the review. I have my eyes on these, since I'm doing Tracy's workouts quite a bit these days.

I'm interested in seeing how people incorporate them to their rotation - for the non-preggo peeps
Old 10-06-12, 04:38 PM  
froggy

Is it pressed dvds? Seems to me, I paid around 20 bucks for her last pregnancy workout and received a dvd-r.
froggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-12, 08:23 PM  
radavis77

I received mine yesterday - they are pressed DVDs. I only have 4.5 weeks left to go in my pregnancy, so I went right to month 9 workout. I have to say that I really enjoyed the workout. It was challenging for me without being over the top. I haven't been as consistent w/my wo's over the past couple months and am not at my most fit, but also feel pretty well for being in my ninth month, all things considered. Workout sequence is as follows: a nice warm-up, kneeling arms w/ stretches incorporated, standing legs, then floor legs. Workout concludes with a nice stretch. The final few floor leg reps did have me breathing a bit heavier, but I just took breaks as needed. Tracy's personality was very genuine in this set, and she gives extra pointers on proper form (that you don't see in most of her other DVDs) and counts down as you do your reps (most are 20 reps on each side). I definitely feel like I'll be able to incorporate the set into my routine post-partum- it may provide a nice way to gradually get back into exercise after delivery. No regrets on my part for making the purchase.
radavis77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-12, 05:41 AM  
PhyllisG

My sons are grown and I will never be pregnant again. That said I love Tracy, have completed Meta Omni and am thinking about these. If you are not pregnant, how do you plan on using these? Are they too easy? I can't see doing each workout for a month! Looking forward to hearing more. I would be ordering these right now if I hadn't vowed to NEVER order anything early in the a.m or late in the p.m.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-12, 07:47 AM  
trixie108

They are easier than her other stuff, but I woke up the next day with some nice soreness in my hamstrings and obliques. I definitely wouldn't use them as an every day workout unless I was pregnant (even then I can't see doing these every day), but for a low energy day they're perfect. And I can definitely see how using them post partum would work too, or for someone just starting out.
Old 11-29-12, 01:52 AM  
glamgal
VF Supporter

Nicole - Have you continued to use these? I ordered TA Pregnancy Project even though I have Meta (glute and hips) along with about 6 months of each Continuity sitting in my closet. It seems that I am always a beginner, so I am hoping that these will help 'ease' me into Meta / Continuity. The classical music sounds nice!
Old 11-29-12, 07:15 AM  
ElisaB

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamgal View Post
Nicole - Have you continued to use these? I ordered TA Pregnancy Project even though I have Meta (glute and hips) along with about 6 months of each Continuity sitting in my closet. It seems that I am always a beginner, so I am hoping that these will help 'ease' me into Meta / Continuity. The classical music sounds nice!
I am tempted to order it too, for the exact same reason! I would love to hear your thoughts when you get it!

“You don't have to be perfect to be AMAZING
ElisaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-12, 08:45 AM  
trixie108

Jennifer, I replied to your PM, but I will also post a bit here. Yes, the music (to me, I know everyone is different!!) is amazing. Its oddly soothing, but still has a nice beat. I think these would be fabulous for beginners. Don't get me wrong, they're not easy by any means, but you don't have the continuous exercises on all fours, and endless plank variations like meta. One thing to note though, I'm pretty sure it was month 3, was around 55 minutes. Months one and two came in around 35-40. I know some people don't like that long of a workout so keep that in mind.

Other thoughts: 1. If you are pregnant, each disc has a different bonus feature. Interviews with doctors, different things to expect, so I can see first time moms getting some really great info from the set. 2. You do need a chair. I have just a metal folding chair which worked fine, but an armless dining chair might be better. It's supposed to come up around your hips, mine was lower (but I'm tall), so it was a bit awkward for some exercises.

Tags
tracy anderson, tracy anderson pregnancy