Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-17-22, 10:48 AM  
donnamp

Hi,

No workout to report today - we had to go in for an in-person meeting. Fortunately it was outside, but a huge waste of time. I came back home to work the rest of the day. I get nothing done in the office!

There was some "talk", vague, at this point, about going back to the office, but I'm sure at some point they are going to make people go in at least a few times a week. Which is a total waste!

The department where I am going to transfer - they are all good w/ WFH. So I hope that nothing would change there.

Anyway....will try to get a workout in later.

wishiwasinhawaii - I don't understand the point of having people go in to sit in an empty office.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-22, 04:40 PM  
Leonana

Good news at the cardiologist. My ultrasound of my heart was normal. No signs of high bp. They don't seem to think I need medication, but I'm supposed to take my bp at home. Hard to do right now, but once I get my pain under control, that will be my next project, lol.

I took the first of my pain med this morning. Crossing my fingers this one works without too many side affects. It will probably be a couple of weeks before I know for sure. I have my appointment next Monday with the new TMJ/Orofacial dentist for new mouth guards. It's still possible my nerves will heal. The meds should calm the nerves down and the mouth guards protect my teeth. It's a long shot, but I'm hopeful. But if not, I still have the medication.

wishiwasinhawaii, unfortunately all movement irritates my mouth, even my bike. I would have to do something where my head was completely upright, with no movement. I do some light housework each morning. On a day where I don't have any errands or appointments, I will take a short walk. I could do a short standing yoga, and that would be beneficial for me. I just need to remember to do it! The doctor said that once the med takes effect, I should be able to exercise more.
Old 05-17-22, 05:20 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I just did an Ellen Barrett now - before my 2nd shift starts - I did her Slim Sculpt - an oldie but a goodie. I will also likely take my Golden for an evening walk.

Sherry - that is good news about your heart and hopefully everything w/ your mouth will settle down soon.

Waves,

Donna
Old 05-18-22, 11:03 AM  
Leonana

Took a short walk this morning. Hoping to do a short standing yoga this afternoon, if I remember!

Started new nerve med yesterday. So far, seems to be helping, my pain is less. It will take a week until I'm at the full dose. It does have some side effects, but those should clear up in a week or two as my body gets used to it. I'm hopeful I will be able to exercise eventually, at least some exercise.
Old 05-19-22, 11:13 AM  
donnamp

I'm sorry for being MIA - between work and my home improvement projects, I have been swamped!

Anyway.....

Yesterday I just walked - I did a dog walk at "lunch" and an evening walk w/ my DD.

Today, so far, nada.

I just don't have it in me to get up early, rush to workout before the contractors arrive. I would do a workout this evening but I'm supposed to meet two co-workers for dinner.

Things should wrap up next week. They are going to finish tiling today and tomorrow, then paint on Tuesday - and I imagine finish up by the end of next week.

Then will get back on track w/ workouts!

Oh, I did receive a conditional offer that is pending a financial/criminal background check - which I expect to pass. It is funny that I am an internal candidate and have to go through this but I guess they have been burned before. So I am holding off on saying anything to my boss until I have a firm offer - hopefully by the end of the week, end of next week.

Sherry - I am glad to hear you are seeing some improvement.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 05-19-22, 11:28 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday I did an TM Salem walk/run from the New England series with Casey Gilbert. It's a running program, but I'm manually slowing down the speed on my TM to view some of the New England locations.

The previous day I'd gone on a outdoor hike in Walpole, MA (Adams Farm) which had nice wide hiking trails...and beautiful tall trees. There were a number of dog walkers there, which was exciting to see.

Sherry, glad the meds are helping.

Donna, I know very well about bathroom remodeling. And, I could tell you a few stories about people we hired that were never background checked. Boy did we learn a little lesson about some creeps. But, to do so for an internal job transfer seems unnecessary.

Back later to check-in for today's workout.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-22, 02:54 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Today I did another Casey Gilbert New England workout series. This one was an endurance jog in New Hampshire with beautiful Fall foliage. iFIT obviously filmed this a while ago, but Fall is my favorite season here!

I just ordered Jessica's new set on Amazon, getting the bundle of 5, plus the free Stretch 'n Relax DVD. They will be good to mix & match with what I'm already doing on TM or outdoors!

I'm glad Jessica has a shorter strength workout on the Total Body Strength DVD set. And, it will be fun to dust off my gliding disks....until I get to core work. I might use them for mainly standing leg, glute and butt work only if ab stuff provides too much of a challenge. I've also been neglecting my stretch workouts, so excited for this new release!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-22, 07:30 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Sorry I haven't been around. Been swamped with work and other stuff. I had to go to the office twice this week to help a co-worker who has COVID and needed something done in the office that she couldn't do since she's on quarantine. COVID is running through the office like wildfire and it's only a matter of time before I get it.

Pam, Jessica's new set looks good. I tried to order the DVDs but they were sold out! I may download the digital option instead. We'll see.

Sherry, Hope the new meds help you!

Donna, I hope you won't have to go to the office with your new job. The only way I will get full WFH is to move away, which I may do next year.

Gotta run. I want to get a workout in before I start the day.
Old 05-20-22, 07:49 AM  
donnamp

Hi!

No formal workout yesterday - I am hoping to get something in at "lunch" today - it may be too warm mid-day for a dog walk - but maybe I'll do something indoors.

My bathroom work is coming along, but I'm ready for them to be done and to have my morning routine back.

Jessica's new set is showing as "out of stock" for me....hopefully it will be back soon so I can order.....if not, I may just get the digital version.

I can't do them right now anyway - so I don't mind waiting a reasonable amount of time, LOL!

wishiwasinhawaii - Yes, the COVID....I am pretty much resigned to getting it at some point, just hoping for a mild case.....I didn't get the 2nd booster, I had read the extra immunity is short lived - so I didn't bother yet. I'm sure I'll get another vax/booster at some point, but it just felt too soon to get another one now - and I get sick from them which I'm thinking can't be good for me either.

Waves, everyone!!

Donna
Old 05-20-22, 10:58 AM  
Leonana

I have to pace myself, so no walks. Today was lunch at Peter Piper Pizza with my friends, and an errand to Trader Joe's. I might have overdone it though! I'm not sure about med yet, but it's too early to tell. I've been practicing some mental techniques, and being positive, and it seems to help.

I'd like to buy Jessica's set, sort of a positive mindset. But I'll wait and see. I suppose if I get well enough to use it, I can always get the digital.

Donna, congrats on the job offer. I'm glad the remodeling is going well.

Pam, I hope you like Jessica's new set.

wishiwasinhawaii, I hope you stay healthy. I haven't been wearing my masks lately, as no one is nowadays. I should start wearing it in stores again.

Tags
tablet