Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-14-22, 06:34 PM  
Leonana

I received the workbook today, and read the first chapter on how pain works in the brain. I already feel less pain and am taking less OTC medication. I'm mostly distracting myself. I have to admit though, I'm having some anxiety about it coming back, and it is tiring. But I have more chapters to get through! I still hope that it will eventually heal. I'm a bit scared of the medication, it has some side affects, although they clear up in a week or two for most people. But I guess it's moot, since the prescription is delayed. Boy, healthcare in the US is not what it used to be, I guess. I am glad she prescribed Vit. D and B12, it's supposed to be good for the nerves.

Donna, congratulations on the job offer. Maybe make a list of pros and cons!

wishiwasinhawaii, the moderator in the FB group that communicates with Jessica usually gets the dvds to try out. She just got them a couple of days ago and is using them. She mentioned something that they should be released soon. I'm not sure if I will get them, but I think I could use some of them.
Old 05-15-22, 02:34 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I'm tired today! The wedding was fun - but it started late - so ended late.

All I did today, so far has been - Ellen - Peace, Love & Cardio

Maybe I'll do something else, maybe not.

At the wedding i talked to one of the guests who worked in both departments - the department I"m in now and the one where I have the opportunity to transfer, and she recommended that I transfer - she said it is much less of a headache working there. I'm inclined to take it now. She said less red tape and I'm all about that.

Sherry - I am glad that you are seeing some relief, I think fear of the pain returning is probably pretty common. And yes, healthcare in the US has gone downhill rapidly. I'm still upset that around here you can't see a PCP if you are sick with anything that mildly resembles COVID. It is ridiculous. And prescriptions can be hard to come by as well - either red tape w/ insurance or shortages, etc. I hope things continue to improve!

wishiwasinhawaii - I'm mostly worried about my boss leaving b/c the shelf life for someone in her position is 3-5 years and she is at the 3 year mark. I think she is well liked by upper management, so I can see her getting some type of promotion in the coming years. I think she is younger than more or around the same age as me so I don't think she'll retire before me - she has more kids to put through college than me, plus she is the type of person who I think lives to work - she hardly ever takes vacations and is always working late and on-line. I thought she'd be taking more time off this spring, her DD is a Jr in college, so I was thinking she'd be off to do college visits, etc, but no....

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday. I'm probably heading back to the couch shortly.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-22, 06:59 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

We did two cemetery tours this weekend, so no other workouts for me Saturday or Sunday. The first tour was a scavenger hunt, which was a lot of fun. And, they had volunteers at some of the gravesites to talk about some of the more well know people. The Sunday tour was led by our friend who is a Poe scholar and does the Sarah Helen Whitman tours along Benefit St and talks about their brief courtship. His cemetery tour was at her gravesite in North Burial ground and he spoke about her family members and friends there also. Both very good.

Our cat has been sick, so our priority today is to get her into the vet ASAP. I hope to get something done on the treadmill though.

Donna, great that you found out more about the job at the wedding!

Sherry, hope you are getting some relief and learning all you can from the workbook or other sources.

wishiwasinhawaii, the hike was to Queen's Bath in Kauai. The trainer used to live in HI and went to school there.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-22, 08:26 AM  
Leonana

I go today for my heart ultrasound. I get results tomorrow. I should get my medication today. I went to Walgreens yesterday to pick up vitamin prescriptions, and ended up talking to the pharmacist. His question to the doctor was her instructions for me to increase dosage every three days instead of two. I told him she sent me an email with instructions that said three. So now he will fill it. Sheesh.

Well I think exercise is out unfortunately, unless medication works. Movement increases pain, I guess it vibrates the nerve. After doing an errand, a dr appointment, or light housework, I’m at my limit. But it’s impossible to sit on the couch all day I’d go nuts. So I’m finding a balance. I’ll try a walk if I have no appointments or errands that day.

I do think the pain is Trigeminal Neuralgia, and medication should help. But pain on the right is due to stress and grinding. I think the TMJ Orofacial dentist I see next Monday should help with that. But my credit card is hurting!

Thanks for the support everyone. ❤️

Pam, I hope your cat will be okay.
Old 05-16-22, 09:00 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

My motivation is really lagging...I'm not sure why! But, this morning I did:

Ellen - Align and Shine which is her new workout for this month. 20 min - stretch/bodyweight strength - soothing, but like most of Ellen's workouts it ends up being a little sneaky as you do feel pleasantly worked at the end.

I am going to aim to get something else in later today.

I am feeling more like I should take this job - I have been in my current department for 4 years and I have been trying to get out for about that long. I think people tend to want to stay in their comfort zone, even if it is not always the best place for them. I do like my current boss, but in thinking about the workload and demands, etc. I do want to have a better work-life balance. And, while I don't expect this other job to be easy, I think there will be less "red tape" to get stuff done and I think it will be a more balanced workload. I have been putting in so many extra hours it is ridiculous, working a day shift and then a 2nd shift until 9 or 10 p.m. I don't think that is sustainable and is probably the cause of a lot of my lack of motivation and burn out. Having to work like that consistently is really indicative that something is wrong, yet in my current department that type of extra work is looked upon as a positive thing...which tells you something about the culture.

Anyway - a rant for a Monday!

Still pleased w/ my contractor, called me to let me know what was happening today and when. It is so refreshing, we used another contractor years ago who did excellent work but you never knew when he was coming, if he was coming, etc. It was frustrating and only manageable b/c most of what he was doing for us did not involve him coming in the house (he was building a sunroom).

Sherry - good luck with it all!!! I hope the pain meds help.

Pam - I hope your cat is ok.....

Take care!

Donna
Old 05-16-22, 09:27 AM  
Leonana

Donna, the job does sound like a better fit for you. I'm glad the contractor is working out well.
Old 05-16-22, 03:47 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Back again...

Today was a hike in Nepal (Mount Everest) just to the base camp near "Memorial Hill." The TM hike was at an incline of 12 percent but pace was slow, so not too bad. It was touching to end the hike with a view of memorial hill where many people who lost their lives were honored with cairns or flags with messages on them for that person.

Our 18 year old cat is having litter box issues and now urinating outside the box on the floor. So we wanted to get bloodwork done to make sure she didn't have UTI or other health issues. She gets anxious around our younger cat (who wants to play or be with her) and we think she's stressed out from him chasing/stalking her. It might be time to try a new cat litter or for me to be more fastidious with the cleanup/maintenance. I know when we've got a lot going on (and out of the house) that can get neglected sometimes.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-22, 04:27 PM  
Leonana

Pam, it does sound behavioral. I have two litter boxes for three cats. I did have three, but they never used the third one! Two of our cats are 16 years old and have no issues with the litter box. But the six year old always pees outside the box, because he hates the other cats. I have old hand towels in the spots he favors, and wash them periodically. Thank goodness we have tile floors!

I've never taken him in, I couldn't afford it in the past. I was going to this year, but now my medical bills have hit us pretty hard. He seems okay otherwise, so I'm pretty sure it's behavioral. I'm sure I'd get roasted in GD for it, but I can only do so much in this life.
Old 05-16-22, 05:15 PM  
donnamp

I had heard that you should have one extra box - so if you have one cat you should have 2 boxes, if you have 2 cats you should have 3 boxes, etc. And they should all be in different areas.

That does sound all well and good but when I had cats I only had one box and it was in the unfinished part of the basement (we had a cat door to provide access). It all was fine for us.

And it isn't always practical to have boxes all over the house....

So I think in the end we have to do our best....maybe an extra box that was away from the other box would make your cat feel more comfortable? But I also know that may not be feasible!

We have a relatively small house and it would be hard for me to fit boxes all over the house, plus w/ having dogs that could be an issue too (since some of them will eat cat poo).

Donna
Old 05-17-22, 06:50 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I went to the office yesterday. What a joke! The place was practically empty. They really should close it and let everyone WFH.

I started doing Get Strong and it's going well. Can't wait for Jessica's new set though!

Donna, It's good you were able to get some insight into the new boss from that person you saw at the wedding. It does sound like taking the job is the right move. You're lucky you work for a company where you can move around so much. I'm stuck with my micromanaging boss. My only way out is to leave. Glad to hear your contractor is so reliable. That's tough to find. I need to have a little work done and I'm dreading it.

Pam, I've been to Queen's Bath in Kauai. Kauai is very pretty. I'd love to go back some day, but I hear there's too many tourists there now and the prices are crazy, so I'll wait.

Sherry, As far as exercise, do you have an exercise bike? I was thinking maybe that wouldn't aggravate your pain issues.

I have to prep for an early meeting so better get to it. At least I don't have to go to the office for another few weeks (I'm on vacation next week and then Memorial Day).

Tags
tablet