Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-16-22, 09:31 AM  
edensmom

Can't wait for these! The workouts look great, locations look great, Jessica looks great.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-22, 08:53 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

I LOVE Jessica but these don't appeal to me (which is a huge bummer!!). I'm not crazy about the yoga and pilates. Likewise, I don't like the glide things and can see myself accidentally hurting myself with an unintentional splits! But, I also have no desire to do Walk Strong 3 so maybe this would appeal to those that love WS3! Plus, if the weight work is like Lift and Shift then I am definitely not interested. My dream set from her would be something like the Walk On: Walk The Weight Off 30 Day plan where there is NO getting down on the floor but a set that had more variety- more barefoot fusion mixed in with the walking workouts, maybe also another ball workout like in Burn Fat and Have Fun, and a couple total body (not separate upper and lower) strength workouts with dumbbells not bands (and one barefoot!). A girl can dream!!
Gemini2874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-22, 11:06 AM  
red1013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini2874 View Post
I LOVE Jessica but these don't appeal to me (which is a huge bummer!!). I'm not crazy about the yoga and pilates. Likewise, I don't like the glide things and can see myself accidentally hurting myself with an unintentional splits! But, I also have no desire to do Walk Strong 3 so maybe this would appeal to those that love WS3! Plus, if the weight work is like Lift and Shift then I am definitely not interested. My dream set from her would be something like the Walk On: Walk The Weight Off 30 Day plan where there is NO getting down on the floor but a set that had more variety- more barefoot fusion mixed in with the walking workouts, maybe also another ball workout like in Burn Fat and Have Fun, and a couple total body (not separate upper and lower) strength workouts with dumbbells not bands (and one barefoot!). A girl can dream!!
I'm not excited about this either. I don't like Jessica's weight workouts (too much shoulder work), but I do like her cardio. I like the ball one too, and I love Stride and Step on that DVD. I really wish she'd do another step workout.
Old 04-17-22, 12:24 PM  
donnamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini2874 View Post
This would be awesome!! My favorites from Jessica are her fusion workouts - my least favorites are the strength workouts - mainly b/c she uses a lot of forward leaning postures which tend to bother my back - however, I have learned to modify and substitute to make them work for me. I am looking forward to this set though -

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-22, 06:43 PM  
MoFirmer

This is on Amazon..... not for order yet but the clip looks so good!!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09Y4NH8HN...MS_FEepGE6Ov4k
Old 04-18-22, 06:55 PM  
suzanne63

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoFirmer View Post
This is on Amazon..... not for order yet but the clip looks so good!!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09Y4NH8HN...MS_FEepGE6Ov4k
This does look great
suzanne63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-22, 07:12 PM  
CharM

Thank you! I'm going to add this to the first post.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-22, 09:24 PM  
firmiewannabe

It's great to see the dvd, the anticipation builds!!! It's been a while since I was excited with a launch of a new workout series so I'm not so patiently waiting for the other dvds to post and then of course the price info. I see an Amazon delivery in my future
firmiewannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-22, 11:25 PM  
Lorelai

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
This would be awesome!! My favorites from Jessica are her fusion workouts - my least favorites are the strength workouts - mainly b/c she uses a lot of forward leaning postures which tend to bother my back - however, I have learned to modify and substitute to make them work for me. I am looking forward to this set though -

Donna
I also struggle with the forward leaning postures. I'm self diagnosed, but am pretty certain I have SI joint issues. I've been doing adjustments at home and pilates based PT exercises to help with it, but I do need to stay consistent. I dropped off due to a bad sinus cold and then Easter, and I'm really feeling it. It's been a revelation for me because suddenly I'm understanding why certain moves bothered me, with any of my favorite instructors... All the lunge positions in Essentrics, especially combinations with twists and extensions, was really causing stress on that area, not to mention the single leg weight bearing exercises. I need to strengthen my weaknesses before I can handle all that again.

All that said, I love that Jessica is still putting out DVDs. I'm a bit disappointed with the gliding discs, they just don't seem safe to me... But I'm glad that this one will have more of a fusion approach.

"Practice makes progress." Jessica Smith

"There's always an option before we quit." Jessica Smith

"You don't have to be a ballerina to feel like one." Ellen Barrett
Lorelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-22, 06:10 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Not a big fan of gliding discs either, but I will use them, if I can hold on to a barre or a chair. I find that I still get some good out of them doing that - not as much as if I didn't, but I'm not interested in killing myself at my age.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fusion, jessica smith, seinfeld, stretch, strong + centered, strong+centered series, sunny workouts