Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-20-22, 11:28 PM  
Vantreesta

I had a bad headache today and was tired so I took a long nap. We did do all 3 walks and I did an episode of Happy Yoga With Sarah Starr.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-22, 10:49 AM  
buffmama

Helen - Enjoy your time with your hubby.
Vannie - Hope you're feeling better today.
Sandy - Any thoughts on Heather?

My live classes go through Feb so it makes sense to stick to shorter workouts til then. Homework will be picking up and it's directly applicable to my work going forward and how I am going to structure things. I really like the pilates challenges that are progressive as I feel myself getting stronger and really learning the method. I am yearning for some of those longer workouts but also getting so much out of this time focusing on different types of movements. Daniel's class today was what a BW FB workout should be! I modified some and will aim to do more going forward.
Old 01-23-22, 07:02 PM  
SandyO

buff, I am loving Heather. I love the format with warm up and cool down, timer on the screen, preview of the next move, and music with no talking (well, she talked for the stretch video). I am using appropriate weights for me, so the workouts are challenging at the time, but I'm not wiped out for the day.
Old 01-24-22, 09:26 AM  
Vantreesta

Friday I did another Happy Yoga episode. Even though I had planned more I still count it as a win bc we went up north to my father-in-law's when hubby got home from work and usually on those days I do nothing but spend time with Cyric since he can't go with us. So easy yoga and vacuuming was more than I usually do before going up! I forgot to do any type of workout on Saturday so my streak is broken but I won't beat myself up, I'll just start again. I went to the thrift store and scored the best deal, ten bucks for a barbell with 60# of plates on it and a dumbbell with small plates on it! I was beyond excited!! (Still am of course.) We came home yesterday and I spent the evening petting Cyric (splurged and had him groomed at the kennel so he's all soft and clean smelling) and watching TV with hubby. Back on my game today!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 01-24-22, 09:39 AM  
buffmama

Vannie - Nice find! Enjoy!
Sandy - Glad you're feeling the Heather
Waves to Helen.
Old 01-25-22, 08:42 AM  
SandyO

February Thread

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=232331
Old 01-26-22, 10:23 AM  
Vantreesta

Hey, guys! I haven't used my new barbell yet but I'm looking forward to it! I'm still trying to figure out how to schedule myself so I can do the things I want but in a way that isn't overwhelming and dread-inducing.

Monday I did day 6 of the Human 2.0 and Lauren squat challenges and a Caroline Jordan hamstring workout. Then I did my pre-run calf and knee workouts from YouTube, 2.066 mi for 10k trainer wk1 day3 on the treadmill using VA Wild California Run for scenery and Zombies Run S3M48 for motivation (distraction? ), Helen Clare's piriformis workout and Yoga for Runners post-run practice. Yesterday was a wind chill warning so I put off our first walk till about 1:00 and had a terrible time overcoming slugdom all day as a result. I wasted so much time on YouTube! Around 4:30 I finally convinced myself to do a 20 minute Leslie walk and the flexibility and relaxation segment of 10MS Yoga. Another wind chill warning this morning but I'm determined not to repeat yesterday's lack of self-discipline!

Old 01-26-22, 06:07 PM  
Helen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
.... I'm still trying to figure out how to schedule myself so I can do the things I want but in a way that isn't overwhelming and dread-inducing.....
THIS! And it's not just workouts, it's sewing, knitting, gardening, housework, working with Alice, ....

Though Wednesday - Australia Day motivated me to do more - as was very disappointed that there were NO harbour events, so no crowds to watch them. Just people out in numbers typical of a sunny weekend at the foreshore.
• 27min, Tim - Day 13
• 1 hr, walk with Alice - down to see events at harbour
• 15min, BodyRock - 14-Jun-2011 See Your Abs Workout
• 18min, Adriene - Day 12 Spinal Health
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-22, 01:57 PM  
Vantreesta

Helen, YES! AND I don't even have a job or kids to take up any of my time!

Yesterday I didn't workout but cleaned the kitchen, baked oatmeal cookies and worked on workout card organization instead, so I was determined to not to skip working out today but I have a tension jaw/headache and can't get warmed up. We were finally able to walk just under 3 miles this morning (29 degrees with real feel of 20!) and I suspect I'm just cold bc I didn't change out of my sweaty shirt when we got home. But I also stayed up too late last night and feel like a cozy nap instead of anything else!

I have been all over the place trying to fit in too many challenges and just feeling overwhelmed by my inability to prioritize. We are hoping to take our snowshoeing trip this year that we missed the last two so I decided today I need to sit down and set up a program focused on preparing for that, which means lots of lower body focus. It's been so cold a lot of this winter so far with not a ton of snow where I am, so I'm sure I've even lost some of my regular walk endurance. When Cyric and I did 3 miles in the snow at the state park the other day I was pretty beat by the time we got back to the car. Not beat like I couldn't do more but like I needed a break first! Between the super cold actual temps and then the brutal winds, our walks have been hindered. It was so nice to get that longer walk in this morning! So my hope is to have a better more focused workout schedule to start on Monday.

Old 01-29-22, 07:50 PM  
Helen

Not sure WHY I'm not hitting the gym - but could be any/all of the following:
• heat/humidity - the latter especially, I'm constantly sticky!
• end of holidays so rebelling and want to STOP
• DH is home, so reluctant to go & do something alone
• too many other things to do that feel like higher priorities than me

So Thu-Sat - dog walks mostly 90-120min.
Last night, it until 7pm and she still didn't last long - just too muggy.
Humidity hasn't been under 70% for SO long. Looking up the numbers, apparently anything over 50% at 65F (18C) or higher is considered uncomfortably high. So 70-80%+, and pushing 90F - yeah.....
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote