Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-23-22, 05:57 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBoop View Post
Genius is the highest.
If you get every single possibility, Queen Bee is the highest! I've gotten there in a team effort only, though.
Old 01-23-22, 09:37 PM  
Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by unfetteredpast View Post
Has anyone else gotten hooked on wordle? I love that there is only one a day, so you can't find yourself doing this for too long. I really look forward to the new one each morning. Sorry if I enable anyone
I hadn't heard of this game, but I tried it this week and it's really fun. Thanks for posting about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
BTW, if you google wordle unlimited or something like that you can play as many times as you want.

Erica
Thank you! I tried the site a few times this week when I wanted to keep playing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Oh no! I went to wordlegame.org and it's letting me play again. Not good!
I tried this site today, but only played once (so far!). Thanks for mentioning it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
I like to choose different words to start each day depending on my mood. What has helped me is that once I know where a letter should go, I fill in other letters around it, even if they don't make a word (I don't hit enter).
If I'm really stuck, sometimes I make a word and include a letter that is grayed out. It helps to eliminate some of the other letters.

Quote:
I started doing Wordle recently. It's a good exercise, but some of the words are from the British English dictionary (since it's a British site).
I missed the word PERRY, which is a type of British pear cider (I had to Google it).
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-22, 02:05 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Did anyone get today’s word on Wordle? Today was the first time I didn’t get it. I had 3 letters, but was stuck. It was not a common word.

Does anyone do the NY Times crossword puzzle? I can do the ones early in the week, but the ones later in the week are so hard!

nora, I never got Queen Bee on the NYT spelling bee. If I get Genius, I stop and look at the answers at nytbee.com. I am always upset when I see the words I missed!
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-22, 02:40 PM  
Venus

Quote:
Did anyone get today’s word on Wordle? Today was the first time I didn’t get it. I had 3 letters, but was stuck. It was not a common word...I am always upset when I see the words I missed!
I got it!

I did BANDS, NEVER, CHUNK, and then got today's word K**** (starred in case someone else hasn't done it yet). I don't think I've ever used it in conversation. I've missed the word a few times. A couple of times they were British words, but I have an "ugh, duh!" moment when the word is more obvious.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-22, 02:42 PM  
wendug

I did get today's word, but it was a head scratcher and took 5 tries!
Old 01-25-22, 11:27 AM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by unfetteredpast View Post
Has anyone else gotten hooked on wordle? I love that there is only one a day, so you can't find yourself doing this for too long. I really look forward to the new one each morning. Sorry if I enable anyone
I have really been enjoying this game ever since you posted!! I do the multi game ones...not just the daily. Another alternative to my usual Bitmango Word Cookies game! Thanks so much for sharing!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-22, 10:10 AM  
Vantreesta

Just wanted to say thanks for introducing me to this! I'm really enjoying it and it made me get my Sudoku out again too. Love it!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-22, 01:28 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Quote:

Does anyone do the NY Times crossword puzzle?
Me, me! I do it every day (not always successfully). I also have a FB account only for playing scrabble with a couple of friends. I've never once actually posted anything there.

yup. nerd.
Old 01-27-22, 11:32 AM  
unfetteredpast

AnMrsDe and Vantreesta: You're very welcome! It really is a fun way to start the day making faces at the computer screen! I do enjoy the mental gymnastics involved.

I have found the archives and have set a limit to how many I am allowed each day. I don't always stay within the limit, but I'm glad to say that I haven't found myself hours later, glassy-eyed and in a foul mood after an overdose of wordle

I have discovered that it's available in other languages, which is really a challenge but incredibly gratifying when you solve it!
unfetteredpast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-22, 11:46 AM  
Vantreesta

This is the first day I have allowed myself to do more than one. I got the first one quickly and now am stumped on the second! I don't know if the site I'm using allows you to set a daily limit or not.

ETA: Doesn't look like you can set a daily limit but you CAN choose how many letters the word has, from 4 to 11. Yikes!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
brain fitness, games, just for fun, just for fun threads, off topic, off-topic, wordle