Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-21, 07:23 AM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
Okay, so on the one hand decluttering is great, but on the other I did finally get the Zip trainer last year and am so glad I did because I use the unit itself and its weighted ball in a lot more workouts than I thought I would, not just the prescribed set (I got the add-ons, too, and I like those better than the default workouts).

So, here's how I use the equipment for other workouts:

- I use the weighted ball for any workout that prescribes a medicine ball with aerobics, because I like that this ball is a good weight without being too big and bulky. I have a more traditional 5-lb. medicine ball, but I have small hands, and it's huge. I'd much rather use the yellow Zip ball, which is basically softball sized, because even though it's slightly lighter, it's still heavier than some other weighted balls I have, so it augments that nicely.

- I use the Zip trainer in the unzipped "domes" position when doing specific workouts from Jillian Michaels Body Revolution; she prescribes suicides where you're going up and down to the knees with dumbbells held statically overhead, and I find that coming down to my knees on the padded domes is A LOT friendlier only my fortysomething body than coming all the way to the floor.

- I use the Zip trainer in the zipped up ball position in lieu of the Fanny Lifter for FIRM workouts where they have you drape yourself over the FL in table position for weighted leg work (I've also used it for old Jane Fondas where she has you do "Rover's revenge" and donkey kicks). I find that lying over the FL in tabletop hurts my ribcage, but the Zip trainer is roughly the same size but nicely padded, so it's a much more forgiving surface.

- I've also used it for Tracie Long workouts where she has you tossing a yoga ball in the air; by using the Zip instead, you're working with a weighted object that is still almost the same size but slightly smaller, so while it's more challenging due to the weight it's a little easier in a different way due to the diameter.

Not trying to be an enabler, just saying that I get a lot more use out of this set than just from its default purpose. Similarly, I use the Wave step in the "rainbow" or arch position for TransFIRMer workouts, because I don't have one and the Wave works great as a substitute by also combining a regular mini aerobic step and the Fanny Lifter, depending on what the move is.

These are great ideas! Thank you for validating my purchase.

Tags
firm zip trainer, firm ziptrainer, zip trainer