Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-11-17, 01:22 AM  
ots

I wanted to give a shout out to my secret santa - fitjen! She sent me a lovely note and some information about Lake Wedowee, her hometown lake. It looks like there will also be an ornament --- but I haven't unwrapped the wrapped gifts yet. Trying to draw this out as long as possible. But, I received a number of gifts that weren't wrapped. They include:

Paris tea
Espresso pilllows from Trader Joe's
Headband
"dog mom" bracelet
Ferrero Rocher chocolates

I've never had the Paris tea and am looking forward to trying it tomorrow morning. My DH has already claimed the espresso pillows for himself. Jen - thanks for the dog mom bracelet --- from one dog mom to another! And, as always, headbands are appreciated and I love the Ferrero Rocher chocolates.

It looks like I received a number of DVDs and two more smaller gifts that are wrapped --- I'll report back once I open them.

Jen - Thank you so much for being my secret santa --- we will be decorating our tree this week and I will make sure to open the ornament before then. Whenever I see it and think about Lake Wedowee, I will remember you.

Anne
ots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-17, 01:34 AM  
ots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrie A. View Post
I also see a card on top, which I saved for last. On the card is a very nice hand written note from my Secret Santa, who turns out to be....ANNE! Yes, Anne aka "ots," who organizes this wonderful gift exchange every year. This is my second time participating, and I've always enjoyed reading the threads each year. It's lots of fun getting to know other VFers through this tradition. If you're ever in the Wytheville, VA area, come see me teach sometime! Thank you for your generosity and holiday spirit! I love everything you have gifted me. I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas, and healthy, prosperous new year!

And thanks to Sherry for her elfing duties!
Sherry is such a great elf --- she's the one that steered me to the Yodates gift for you!

Merry Christmas - I had fun shopping for you --- but, as you can see, I am a terrible wrapper and packer. It wasn't until I was at the post office trying to figure out how to get everything into the box that I even remembered that I was supposed to wrap stuff. Anyway, the notes on the outside were just to give you fair warning of that. I'm glad you liked the gifts.

Enjoy! And have a safe and healthy new year!
Anne.
ots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-17, 10:28 AM  
fitjen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ots View Post
I wanted to give a shout out to my secret santa - fitjen! She sent me a lovely note and some information about Lake Wedowee, her hometown lake. It looks like there will also be an ornament --- but I haven't unwrapped the wrapped gifts yet. Trying to draw this out as long as possible. But, I received a number of gifts that weren't wrapped. They include:

Paris tea
Espresso pilllows from Trader Joe's
Headband
"dog mom" bracelet
Ferrero Rocher chocolates

I've never had the Paris tea and am looking forward to trying it tomorrow morning. My DH has already claimed the espresso pillows for himself. Jen - thanks for the dog mom bracelet --- from one dog mom to another! And, as always, headbands are appreciated and I love the Ferrero Rocher chocolates.

It looks like I received a number of DVDs and two more smaller gifts that are wrapped --- I'll report back once I open them.

Jen - Thank you so much for being my secret santa --- we will be decorating our tree this week and I will make sure to open the ornament before then. Whenever I see it and think about Lake Wedowee, I will remember you.

Anne
Anne - You're so welcome! I love your restraint about opening the other gifts. Let me know when you open them. I'm glad that you've enjoyed everything so far.
Old 12-11-17, 01:12 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh View Post
I have been stalking the mailbox now for days...and today my package arrived!!! My secret Santa is still a secret though...

I received the most amazing gifts. Santa, you were way to good to me. Everything was individually wrapped so nicely. My puppy was trying to get into my box and my DH said to her, "There is nothing in there for you." And voila!, Santa sent a rope toy. She is still playing with it. You made her day.

I received:
The Firm 5 Day Stretch
The Firm Basics Sculpting w/Weights
Jessica Smith Barre Fitness ...can't decide which to do first...lol
purse notepad
2 Yogi Detox teas - yes!!!
a yummy bar of soap from Shore Soap Co.
grip socks - these are so cool
bath salts
3 facial masks - really needed these
stuffed reindeer ornament - so cute
waterproof mesh bag - not sure what this is for, but I know I can use it.
peppermint lip balm - love the taste
pink blistex with a built in mirror - this is amazing and the perfect color
5 piece cookie cutters - perfect for the upcoming Christmas cookie baking
2 dark chocolate bars - dessert tonite!
a beautiful handmade scarf - love the colors..brown, black, grey and white
2 lb leg weights - I received these earlier and have been enjoying them!!
and a lovely Christmas card.

Receiving these amazing gifts today really perked me up. I had been cranky all day. I'm on day 10 of the nastiest cold that I have ever had. You really made me feel special and loved. Thank you so very much for all the wonderful presents. Now, be sure to reveal yourself Santa, so I can thank you again.
Hi Sherri,

Glad you found me out, and hope your cold is on the mend! I was just getting over a cold probably around the time you caught yours! Then pulled/strained a muscle and have been out of commission for a while. So frustrating.

It was fun to shop for you and so pleased that you seemed to enjoy everything!

Merry Christmas!

PS. the mesh bag is a soap holder. ;-)

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-17, 06:07 PM  
Cookie
VF Supporter

Oh MY Gosh!!!!

My package arrived today and my secret Santa, Zraipel, went above and beyond and made me feel like a loser Santa!

She sent me 3 DVDs...
Callanetics Core Assets (number one on my wish list)
Mari Winsor Pink Ribbon Pilates, and
Ruah Release (with Leah Sarago and Suzanne Bowen!!)

Then she went crazy awesome and sent me the most adorable penguin hat with attached mittens, and gorgeous pink scarf with penguins... And to make sure I stay warm while delivering, several sets of hot hands hand warmers and a fantastic, moisture wicking balaclava!

I am just speechless and now hubby says there's no need for him to spoil me because my secret Santa did such a great job!

Thank you so so much!!

I tried to attach a pic but couldn't figure out how.

Never regret anything that made you smile!
Cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-17, 06:12 PM  
sherry7899

Cookie, the penguin items sound adorable!

I found a penguin cookie tin for holiday cookies at a local grocery store.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-17, 06:49 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Cookie, I couldn't resist that penguin hat once I saw it I figured it would address two things you were seeking...penguins and warmth!!

I'm so happy you enjoyed the package, and I'm glad you were able to make it into the gift exchange because being your Santa was a lot of fun

ETA: Sherry, it's amazing how you don't notice how many penguin things are around at around Christmas time until you're actually looking for penguins, haha!! I don't think I ever noticed until this year.
Old 12-11-17, 08:37 PM  
IrishOT

Thanks to my secret santa Cookie aka Mary! The package arrived Saturday, but I was super busy all weekend and didn't get a chance to check. I waited until today to open it since I was so busy and wanted to enjoy the experience rather than rushing to open everything!

I received a lovely fireman card (I recall others getting the fireman cards in past years, so maybe this is Cookie's signature thing?)

In the box I was delighted to unwrap the following things:

Jari's Get Ripped Express- looks like we will be getting snow tomorrow so I will try the workouts out since it probably won't be safe for a morning run

Some Ghiradelli Dark Chocolate Sea Salt caramels (yum!)

the bright orange running vest that I wanted! Perfect for visibility and extra warmth for cold weather runs! I live in a very rural area and there are a lot of hunting lands around so bright orange is my favorite!!!

A pair of crocheted boot cuffs. I don't have any so they will be a fun winter accessory! (I have struggled to find a boot cuff pattern I like, so if you wouldn't mind sharing the pattern that would be amazing! Did you use the Charisma yarn from Michaels?)

Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness in putting a package together for me!

Happy Holidays and many blessings to you and your family!
IrishOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-17, 07:02 PM  
Cookie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishOT View Post
Thanks to my secret santa Cookie aka Mary! The package arrived Saturday, but I was super busy all weekend and didn't get a chance to check. I waited until today to open it since I was so busy and wanted to enjoy the experience rather than rushing to open everything!

I received a lovely fireman card (I recall others getting the fireman cards in past years, so maybe this is Cookie's signature thing?)

In the box I was delighted to unwrap the following things:

Jari's Get Ripped Express- looks like we will be getting snow tomorrow so I will try the workouts out since it probably won't be safe for a morning run

Some Ghiradelli Dark Chocolate Sea Salt caramels (yum!)

the bright orange running vest that I wanted! Perfect for visibility and extra warmth for cold weather runs! I live in a very rural area and there are a lot of hunting lands around so bright orange is my favorite!!!

A pair of crocheted boot cuffs. I don't have any so they will be a fun winter accessory! (I have struggled to find a boot cuff pattern I like, so if you wouldn't mind sharing the pattern that would be amazing! Did you use the Charisma yarn from Michaels?)

Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness in putting a package together for me!

Happy Holidays and many blessings to you and your family!
I am so glad everythig arrived!

The boot cuff pattern is one I just sort of spliced together using a couple of ideas from pinterest. The yarn is Red Heart super saver. After finishing projects, I wash them on gentle and dry them in the dryer on low heat so that they are soft and fluffy. (and also to hopefully remove any stray hairs since I shed worse than a cat.)

I wanted to do more and get you more stuff but I have a strict rule to not spend more on my secret giftee than what I budget for each of my kids. There were so many cool running things I thought you needed, but I had to stick to the agreed upon budget. For what it's worth, I have tendinitis in my hands and wrists and don't crochet much any more. I pick two small projects each year. This year it was your boot cuffs and baby doll diapers for my granddaughter. :-) I hope you enjoy everything.

Never regret anything that made you smile!
Cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-17, 09:15 AM  
shoegoddess

I'd really love to know who my SS is. Curiosity is killing me I'd love to formally thank you for your generosity.I can't read the return address otherwise I would send a Thank You note. My hubby is really enjoying the soup cookbook! We've tried several recipes. My other gifts are awesome and I'm enjoying every one! Again thank you so much!

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2017 gift thank you