Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-26-15, 07:58 AM  
naturallove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam View Post
Sorry, I guess I missed that post.

I think Miranda thinks her area of emphasis for at least for DVDs is beginners from her comments this made this weekend.
I think it would be great to have more advanced workouts from CS as well. Although CS certainly gets harder as you (re)familiarize your body with the techniques, there's definitely an advanced crowd that would love to see Miranda take it up a notch on dvd. Perhaps you or Jackie could drop that little bug in Miranda's ear!
naturallove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-15, 08:43 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturallove View Post
I think it would be great to have more advanced workouts from CS as well. Although CS certainly gets harder as you (re)familiarize your body with the techniques, there's definitely an advanced crowd that would love to see Miranda take it up a notch on dvd. Perhaps you or Jackie could drop that little bug in Miranda's ear!
As much as I love the CS episodes and the newer Ultimate Stretch dvds, I would love more advanced stuff from Miranda and Sahra.

The Sculpt workouts that came out last summer seem to me the most challenging of their material, and I would love more like them and maybe even tougher.

I have Pre-chor 1. I love it. I'm waiting on funding before I get any more of the pre-chors, though
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-15, 08:44 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamgal View Post
The only time I felt a bit sheepish and like a possible fan-girl was when other participants asked Jackie and myself which dvds we were buying at the retreat and we had to tell them none...we already owned *everything* that was available. LOL
Such a vidiot, the two of you.
Old 05-26-15, 08:53 AM  
naturallove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
As much as I love the CS episodes and the newer Ultimate Stretch dvds, I would love more advanced stuff from Miranda and Sahra.

The Sculpt workouts that came out last summer seem to me the most challenging of their material, and I would love more like them and maybe even tougher.

I have Pre-chor 1. I love it. I'm waiting on funding before I get any more of the pre-chors, though
It would be even easier on them if they did an advanced 'live' class!
naturallove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-15, 09:22 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturallove View Post
It would be even easier on them if they did an advanced 'live' class!
Yeah, maybe with some VFers as background exercisers (not me, but maybe Glamgal or JackieB?).
Old 05-26-15, 09:33 AM  
sophiesmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messe View Post
Jackie, I'm so glad you got to do this! What a great experience!!

As a 67-year-old, I'd love to know what all you young whippersnappers think a 67-year-old moves like.
Apparently a lot better than this whippersnapper!

Jackie & Jennifer: What a great photo! Thanks for sharing! Jackie, your haircut is awesome!
sophiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-15, 10:01 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamgal View Post
I also thought it was interesting to hear from someone that has met Sahra in person that she only 5'2 or 5'3. On the DVDs, she seems to have really long legs which made me think she was much taller. I would love to meet Sahra and take a class from her one day!
I took several classes with Sahra and she is more like 5'6. I'm a solid 5'5 and she is a tad taller than me.
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-15, 11:34 AM  
Susan

I am so glad to hear that Miranda is as nice and as much like I'm sure most of us have always imagined she would be!

It's always so disappointing when instructors turn out to be not-so-nice when we have always pictured them being as fun and friendly as in their videos. It sounds like Miranda is someone I would enjoy meeting.
Old 05-26-15, 12:09 PM  
Pam

She had been leading classes all week (the Teacher Training ones) and she still put a lot of energy into our's and was great to have as instructor. Been good if it had worked out to have time to just socialize with her.
Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-15, 12:30 PM  
glamgal
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzie View Post
I took several classes with Sahra and she is more like 5'6. I'm a solid 5'5 and she is a tad taller than me.
Good to know!! I only heard from hear-say from a beautiful glamazon Essentrics instructor from Canada who must be at least 6' tall. Maybe to her, Sahra seemed shorter? Although, I tried to fact check on Google before I posted that tidbit and I couldn't find anything about Sahra's height. The best indicator I could find were a few pictures of Sahra with Sarah Gadon...she is 5'3 and they both appeared to be a similar height.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SahraEsse...803520/photo/1

http://essentrics.typepad.com/.a/6a0...1fcc781970b-pi

ETA: fuzzie - I am still so jealous that you've visited the main studio in Montreal. That is definitely on my wish list to do!!

Tags
classical stretch, cs certification, essentrics