Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-25-15, 09:45 AM  
naturallove

Jackie-Your experience sounds awesome! I wish I had known you were going, as one request that I would have is some 'live' classes on the EssentricsTV website. I would sign up again for something like that.
naturallove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-15, 09:54 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturallove View Post
Jackie-Your experience sounds awesome! I wish I had known you were going, as one request that I would have is some 'live' classes on the EssentricsTV website. I would sign up again for something like that.
Oh I wish I would have mentioned that; I agree! I am going to send Lynda an email and I'll include that.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-15, 09:58 AM  
Demeris

Jackie--I'm so happy for you. It sounds as if your time was filled with upbeat, energizing conversations and workouts. I'm looking forward to seeing your testimonial.

And I can't help myself. I have to confess that I'm eaten up with envy for your going to the retreat and for getting to meet Jennifer and Pam.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-15, 10:04 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
And I can't help myself. I have to confess that I'm eaten up with envy for your going to the retreat and for getting to meet Jennifer and Pam.
Oh, I'd probably feel the same way if it was the other way around. This was a huge deal for me to go. I've wanted to for a few years. I have a great dh who encouraged me to make my "pilgrimage" and made it happen for me.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-15, 11:09 AM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
Thanks, Cheri, Usia, and Sophiesmom! It was for sure a "bucket list" thing for me!

One thing I forgot was I loved that Miranda didn't bash other exercise methods. She said "If you enjoy _________, then do it. Just make sure to lengthen and stretch out those muscles after." She really emphasized doing what you enjoy.

Yep, Miranda is amazing!
I pretty much stick with instructors who have that philosophy. That's awesome.
Old 05-25-15, 11:40 AM  
JAusten

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! Thanks for reporting on your experiences for us.
JAusten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-15, 01:19 PM  
JustSandra

Jackie, thanks so much for sharing your experiences! I loved reading about your weekend. A special thanks for asking about upcoming DVDs. That's great that some have been filmed and that Season 11 is in the works!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-15, 03:12 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Jackie, thank you for sharing your experience. I'm soooo HAPPY that you were able to attend the CS retreat! I'm glad to hear there will be a Season 11 too, yay!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-15, 03:53 PM  
glamgal
VF Supporter

Although I've attended the Essentrics teacher trainings in Colorado the last two years, this was my first experience with a Classical Stretch weekend retreat. I thoroughly enjoyed traveling with Jackie and meeting Pam!! It was such a treat to meet fellow VF'ers.

I loved seeing Miranda again and I agree with Jackie...She is so youthful and energetic and this is a great testament to her method. She mentioned that she is traveling a lot and that she is mostly doing one 30-minute session each day. I think the exception would be during teacher training (and filming), where I know from experience that she works 4-6 hours during those days. Granted, a lot of that time is broken up throughout the day and I believe she is only teaching Levels 3 and 4 now (leaving Levels 1 and 2 to be taught by master trainers).

Saturday included 2 one-hour workouts and an hour lecture by Miranda. Sunday was another one-hour workout. Hearing Miranda lecture was inspiring. She is passionate about the need to continue moving throughout our lifetime. As Jackie said, "use it or lose it."

I am looking forward to attending another CS retreat next year. However, I want to attend a different locale. Estes Park is nice (it was named #1 "best small town to visit" in 2015 by Smithsonian magazine), but this is the third year that I've been to Estes Park and the altitude (8,000 feet above sea level) just kills me every time. I would love to attend a retreat at the Mohonk Mountain House in New York, but they haven't been there since June 2013. At any rate, I look forward to another CS retreat!! It's looking like I may make this a yearly occurrence. I always meet the most wonderful people at CS events (trainings and retreats).

I will leave you with a pic of me and the famous JackieB at the airport. This was taken yesterday, as we returned to the Denver airport.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5496.JPG
Views:	381
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	4226  
Old 05-25-15, 04:15 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Great picture Jackie and Jennifer! Thanks for posting it.

Tags
classical stretch, cs certification, essentrics