Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-14, 02:34 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Question So, what are your fitness plans and goals for December?

I've been doing mostly heavy strength and Leslie cardio for a few months. I'm trying to decide how to finish the year. I'm at my goal weight and have passed my goal for number of workouts.

Last December, I did a Lee Holden Qi Gong/Leslie rotation. I found that I have no chi. (And, my hamstrings got tight.)

So, what have you got planned for December?

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-14, 02:38 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

getting through several new acquisitions. :-/

....and, a bevy of virgins.:-\

style wise, i'm just doing 1 hour of walking per day over the past week, and moderate weights, 1x/wk. i'm preparing for a professional certificate exam for Dec 15 and i'm trying to keep my workouts very un-analytic, lest i be distracted.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-14, 02:46 PM  
mtngoat

I think I am going to go back to a Margaret Richard + cardio rotation.

I had great results earlier this year when, due to a variety of injuries, I dropped the intense workouts and did a lot of Margaret. I am healed now, and have started amping up my workouts again.

I'll be darned if the weight isn't creeping back, and I am hurting more!

So back to Margaret for December it is! For some reason her workouts are zero dread for me, so that's a bonus.

afterthought: I want to add some yoga into the mix as well. Short ones I can do with DH (who is way more flexible than me - grrh!).

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"

Last edited by mtngoat; 11-28-14 at 04:24 PM. Reason: typo
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-14, 02:52 PM  
Kyra

OK, I'll play. I'm about 1,000 miles from home on a clinical affiliation for grad school. I have found a karate school here with an instructor who is just awesome. We've been working on sparring technique and he just schools me every time we go at. This guy is big, fast, and strong, and my goal is to hold up with him before I move back to NJ at the end of the month. I won't, he's got years of tricks on me, but it'll be fun, trying.

Certified Bulletproof Athlete
Kyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-14, 02:55 PM  
FirmDeb

Perfect timing for this thread. Last night was the final straw for me. I really don't want to recap it because it's taken most of the day to feel better about myself. I'm making this December a December to remember because it's the month where I finally get out my own way. In short, my baking will be significantly and I will use mornings to hit my indoor bike while watching the news for extra calorie burn and the treadmill at night alternated with Supreme Pilates and Cathe workouts. I'm adding a couple extra days to December, I just finished a SP lower body workout (love it to pieces) and heading upstairs for to the treadmill so I can watch the What not to wear marathon.
FirmDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-14, 03:40 PM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

For me December will mostly be a continuation of November as I plan to continue with my 40-day Kundalini Yoga Sadhana of Kia Miller's Wash Away the Old, Make Way for the New as well as Hamelin's 10-week online course, both of which will take me right up to December 31st.

My main goal though is to get outside as much as possible since I tend to hibernate this time of year.
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-14, 03:52 PM  
PhyllisG

I have been doing mostly barre and will start the P57 challenge for Dec. I did the one they posted in the summer and really liked it.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-14, 04:11 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

My heavy weights are calling me, so I might have a more strength-focused month.
Old 11-28-14, 04:14 PM  
momtoaboyandgirl

My goal is to walk outside or do a Leslie walk 45 minutes, 5 days a week.
Also my goal is to do an upperbody dumbell workout 2x a week and a lower body squat, lunge and floor work routine 2x a week.
I also want to eat three meals a day.
Old 11-28-14, 04:22 PM  
alisoncooks

Now that DH is home from the hospital, I'd like to try and get back exercising. I haven't done anything in a month, at least. My goal for December: 3 focused workouts a week.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
goals