Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-06-15, 08:48 PM  
shoegoddess

Any Weight Watchers having issues with new app?

This isn't a question about d**t. WW has revamped their program again. The app is not working and has been temperamental for over a week. Lots of people can't log on from a computer either. Its choas. The WW FB page is blowing up with complaints. I haven't converted over to the SmartPoints system yet as my weight in day is next Saturday. That's D-day for me. Anyone switched over yet. If this is taboo could you PM me please.

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-15, 09:27 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Yes, I went to my meeting today. They said the App was screwed up and it could be into this coming week before they get it fixed.

They've changed a lot - I don't like it - it feels very restrictive and punitive if you want to eat something that has too much sugar, i.e, fat free fruit flavored Greek yogurt (8 oz) has as many points as a glazed donut. (actually it has 1 more point than a glazed donut)

I think my WW days are over.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-15, 09:36 PM  
shoegoddess

I'm thinking the same thing. My leader has lost 8 pounds and she's tiny to begin with. She's been on the new program since end of September. I'll see Saturday what's up and then decide. But it's not getting a very welcome reception on FB.

-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
Old 12-07-15, 12:51 AM  
SuzieC

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post

i.e, fat free fruit flavored Greek yogurt (8 oz) has as many points as a glazed donut. (actually it has 1 more point than a glazed donut)

I think my WW days are over.

Carol
What? How can this be? I guess they won't be selling anymore of their snack foods!

i'm an online member and i don't know when the new program will roll over for me. I just got back to the website last week so i dont know when my week rolls over - of course that area on the site where you set that isn't available right now, so i'll have to wait and see when my week rolls over. I was pretty sure it was today, but nothing happened for me.

Anyway, if i go to the meeting room, can i pick up the new program materials? Are they available yet? I'm a lifetime member so I go to the meeting room when I need stuff.
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-15, 01:02 AM  
rhbrand

Just when I was considering maybe rejoining WW for the new year. If they count greek yogurt as being worse than a donut, I don't want to join.
Old 12-07-15, 07:25 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
Just when I was considering maybe rejoining WW for the new year. If they count greek yogurt as being worse than a donut, I don't want to join.
Maybe it had everything to do with portion sizes, but they showed the glazed yeast donut as having 10 points and the yogurt had 11 (and up) depending on how much fat (fat free or low fat) it had in it. Of course, my yogurt doesn't come in 8 oz sizes (so it would be less - about 8 points), and who hows big the donut was - but that was the comparison they showed in the plan materials. I thought it was a dreadful comparison. So many of us eat yogurt for calcium, for the protein - especially if we aren't big meat eaters - and for how it makes our digestive system feel - all great benefits that don't come with glazed donuts. Obviously they are pushing us away from sugar, and I get that - but I don't care for all the artificial sweeteners used in place of sugar.

In short, in my mind, the freedom and flexibility that WW used to offer is gone.

Carol
Old 12-07-15, 09:31 AM  
shoegoddess

Yes it seems they're pushing us to make healthier food choices. Many many people on FB are very upset. WW was a great program that didn't make you feel you were d**ting. I ate anything I wanted and lost 25 pounds. People are saying they have moved more to a restrictive d**t format. My beloved morning coke went from 5 to 9 or 10 points!!!! Many are cancelling and finding alternative WW like apps. I'll give the program a try but if I don't like it I'm going to a generic WWPP tracker. I'll find out Saturday. I'm half tempted to go to an earlier meeting because the suspensen is killing me

-Me

-Eleanor Roosevelt

-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
Old 12-07-15, 07:17 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieC View Post
What? How can this be? I guess they won't be selling anymore of their snack foods!

i'm an online member and i don't know when the new program will roll over for me. I just got back to the website last week so i dont know when my week rolls over - of course that area on the site where you set that isn't available right now, so i'll have to wait and see when my week rolls over. I was pretty sure it was today, but nothing happened for me.

Anyway, if i go to the meeting room, can i pick up the new program materials? Are they available yet? I'm a lifetime member so I go to the meeting room when I need stuff.
Yes the new program materials were available at my WW meeting yesterday. Our leader said yesterday was the roll out date.

Carol
Old 12-07-15, 10:32 AM  
dela

deleted.
dela is offline   Reply With Quote