Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-22-05, 06:28 PM  
naturallove

Margaret's workouts are deceptive...

I used to work out to her PBS show back in the day, and although her workouts might look easy, those high rep, pulsing movements would getcha every time. That said, I still think the prices of her videos are a bit exorbitant--but if someone likes them and they work, why not?
naturallove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-05, 06:48 AM  
Kyra

I agree that if you are going to get one, get Sculpture. I have that and Triple Threat and while I like the leg work on TT marginally better, I don't think they're different enough that you need both, not at her prices. Still, she DOES kill you softly, without your realizing it. Her workouts, to me, are almost relaxing (zero dread factor), but when you're done, you know you worked.

Certified Bulletproof Athlete
Kyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-05, 04:07 PM  
abbyalex

I just LOVE Margaret Richard!!! And I don't regret spending a bit more on her workouts. When I'm doing weight workouts, I find myself reaching for Margaret's workouts more than any other. OK, no, she is not a personal dynamo. BUT, I personally like her personality, her workout style, and her production value better than Debbie Siebers and the Slim Series workouts. She has a gentle style that has no dread factor for me like the SS workouts do. And her workouts are ultra-effective.

I'm so surprised that so many VF'ers seem to dislike her workouts. They are high rep workouts that work every muscle to absolute fatigue. It's true that alot of her workouts have similar exercises, but again, you can say the same thing about SS.

You're not going to get any thrills and chills from Margaret's workouts, but they are SO effective.
abbyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-05, 06:01 PM  
dsr5

I have several of her videos/dvd's but the only one I use is Home Improvement. Best high rep one that breaks it up into upper & lower body. Terribly dated, but gets the job done in about 40 minutes. Don't like any of her other ones, but really like this one.
dsr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-05, 06:17 PM  
mtnmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyalex

I'm so surprised that so many VF'ers seem to dislike her workouts.
I didn't mean to be so negative. Perhaps if I went beyond the four I tried, I would find a workout of hers I like. But I don't have the cash or patience for that.

I remember about a year ago, getting a little tired of Cathe and wanting to try someone else who would really work my muscles. Every thread regarding Margaret had nothing but raves! Not a word of dissension. So I plunged right in and bought the special 4-for-$80 deal. She just wasn't for me.

I thought she presented herself very elegantly and professionally. The presentation was a bit bland though. But, I will admit that she sure as heck fried my muscles with all the reps, and she never showed one inkling of strain! She has my respect.
Old 06-28-05, 07:14 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

With Margaret, like with every instructor on tape, you either mesh with her style or you don't. I think her personality is very charming and I enjoy her sense of humor.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
favorite margaret richard, margaret richard, margaret richard rotation, sculpture, triple threat