Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-22, 03:27 AM  
Negin

Jeannine, thanks so much. Yes, I believe that you're right. They failed to update their description. That, by itself, is a huge problem already.

What really gets me is their lack of response, and how impossible it is to call them or anything. They won't reply to Facebook Messenger, emails, or their contact form. Nothing. When it comes to taking our money, they really shine, but in all other areas, they stink.

It was only yesterday, when I started to dig through some of her posts, and other people's comments about the poor customer service, complete lack of it really, that I realized it's not just me. Honestly, I am outraged. Here is the only place that I can vent about this. Everyone has been so supportive and helpful. I'm so thankful.
Old 12-22-22, 06:56 AM  
sherry7899

Negin, I am.so sorry this happened to you.

Maybe this link will help:

https://cleeng.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/...sting-a-refund

Years ago I signed up for a free trial of Margaret's streaming. I paid through PayPal which I have attached to my Visa card, not a bank account. They charged me for the free trial before the time was up. I filed a dispute with PayPal and they refunded me.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-22, 07:45 AM  
Negin

Sherry, thank you so much for that link. My husband just requested a refund through Pay Pal. We decided to not wait another week, as I had mentioned earlier. They're obviously not going to respond. If it doesn't work out with Pay Pal, and I hope and pray that it does, then I'll try out your link.

I've decided that even if they do come through, I still want a refund. The DVDs are not available for download, even though their site lies and says that they are.

It's so sad for me, since I really, really love her workouts. Although, I have to say, this is turning me off.

Two very sweet people here have sent me gifts of some of her DVDs. So generous of them, and I can't begin to say how much I appreciate it .

In addition, since there are a bunch more that I would love to have to complete my collection, I'm also going to try to get as many as I can from ebay, amazon (most are far too overpriced ), or from here (which I've never looked into, but am willing to see if anyone wishes to sell or whatever).
Old 12-22-22, 08:11 AM  
sherry7899

Negin,

You are very welcome. I am so sorry you are going through this. Back when she sold dvds, I bought from her numerous times and never had any problems. Since she switched to streaming only it seems to be a nightmare.

I am so glad you are gifted some of her dvds.

I hope you can get the refund through paypal. It is such a shame that years of great customer service has just vanished. They definitely need to update the descriptions so they are truthful about what you are getting (the formats, etc) when you purchase the digital workouts.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-22, 02:40 AM  
Negin

Thanks again, Sherry. I really do hope that Pay Pal will refund me. I'm a bit worried that they may not. I don't know how long it takes. Otherwise, so thankful for the link that you gave.

The longer time passes, the more upset I feel. My family's been sweet and supportive.

I believe that the moderators here should threads such as this one into a sticky. That way, we can all be warned. Buyer Beware sort of thing. I wouldn't wish this sort of rubbish customer service on anyone.
Old 12-23-22, 09:37 AM  
bubbles76

There's the vendor comments/ reviews thread where you can post your opinion. I'm sure it would be invaluable to other members to know that Margaret still hasn't gotten her site or customer service together after all these years. I hate to say that, as I love and own all her workouts she's released on DVD, but facts are facts.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-22, 03:41 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Negin, I'm so sorry you are experiencing this. Just a thought, but have you tried logging in from your Body Electric profile to access your digital purchases? That's been the only way I can access anything under my account. I hope you are able to get a resolution soon.

This is edited to say it looks like the download feature is now gone, and I'm pretty sure it used to be there for the digital purchases.

Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-22, 02:22 AM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
There's the vendor comments/ reviews thread where you can post your opinion.
Thank you. I'll post there once this hopefully gets sorted out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ealakey View Post
have you tried logging in from your Body Electric profile to access your digital purchases?
Thank you. Yes, I have. I only have access to the very first download I purchased (Mother's Day promo).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ealakey View Post
This is edited to say it looks like the download feature is now gone, and I'm pretty sure it used to be there for the digital purchases.
That's odd. I see that her downloads are still available for purchase. I've heard awful things about her streaming, but I never heard anything about her Digital DVDs. It's time for people to know. Buyer beware - I do wish that this was a Sticky.

I'm waiting until after the New Year, since that's the date that PayPal set. I hope and pray that I get my money back. It was a lot of money.
Old 12-25-22, 06:20 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Negin, I think you will get your money back from Paypal. It's such a shame the customer support on the website doesn't seem to be monitored. I agree the download wording on the website should be removed because it doesn't look like they can be downloaded anymore. I went back through my files when I first purchased digital DVDs from her years ago, and I was able to download them. It looks like that feature has been removed.

Lifetime access is a misleading phrase because that's only as good as the continued support for their server. It's such a shame as the workouts are very good.

Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-22, 12:37 AM  
Negin

Beth, thank you so much.

Oh, and your profile picture is adorable!

Tags
bad customer service, margaret richard, margaret richard download