Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-19, 08:15 AM  
Cecelia

Sharaz,
Thank you so much for sharing. Lots of good information there. I think I'm starting to understand why this rotation would be so effective at burning fat, while also maintaining muscle.
Thanks again!
Cecelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-19, 02:40 PM  
daisyduke

thank you everyone for posting your rotations.
lots to look through here.

i like how someone added something they would like to do:
i would like to go back to tracy anderson streaming
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-19, 05:31 PM  
sunday

Great thread, and really made me think!

Favorite rotation: Slim Series with Debbie Siebers. The one where you do six different workouts six days a week, with some of the workouts tapping out at 78 minutes. I followed the rotation as written, six days a week for six weeks and loved it! Not sure why since it’s boring in many ways, but it wasn’t for me.

Most effective rotation: Nothng compared to the results I got doing only yoga and Leslie six days a week during yoga teacher training. I got super strong and the slimmest and lowest weight I’ve been since I was 16. I am normally a size 10 in pants, but during this I was wearing a 6 and weighing in the 130s, and I’m tall.

Worst rotation: Again, nothing compared to how awful, bloated and in pain I felt after doing only Miranda for several weeks. And this after getting through months of a 90-minute Ashtanga yoga practice six days a week along with 2-3 miles of Leslie added on. Miranda was horrible for my body! I so wanted her to work, but it took weeks for my body to get back to normal after her.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-19, 08:21 PM  
cherimac

Susan-that’s what barre is for me. It makes my quads overdeveloped, hurts my lower back, and gives my saddle bags. I’ve never had saddle bags except when doing SBF. And I loved her workouts. So if Pilates doesn’t work for you so be it. All our bodies are so different, aren’t they.
Old 01-11-19, 08:47 AM  
donnamp

Deana - I would totally love doing just walking (Leslie, outdoors, Jessica, etc>) and yoga. I should really try it. Re-reading my post in this thread made me realize that in general my best "results" do tend to come from body weight exercises so yoga would fit the bill and I find steady state cardio to be so therapeutic. good luck with your upcoming foot surgery!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-19, 10:32 AM  
Sollamyn

When I first started on VF, I made up my own rotations and I had great success with that. I lost weight and was more fit than I had ever been. So that would really be my Favorite AND my Most Effective.

I think my first real rotation using someone else's ideas (DVD set) was BSS2. I think I tried it for a couple of weeks, but I just don't click with the Firm much, beyond the first two videos plus a couple of WHFNs (with Kelli Roberts) and a couple of workouts with Anna Benson. BSS2 is probably the Worst rotation that I have tried.

My next rotation, as I recall, was Kathy Smith's Project:You. I did like it, but I got tired of the cardio workouts and subbed those a lot. I made it to the 7th week when I came down with a sinus infection and then never picked it up again, except for the strength workouts, which I still occasionally do to this day. I do recall losing a handful of pounds and feeling like my abs were flatter. I'd say this was my Most Effective.

I also did a short rotation with the Karen Voight set--was it called Sleek Essentials? I liked the workouts but couldn't stick with a rotation. I think I came down with a sinus infection during this rotation, too!

I'm a Jessica Smith Junkie now. I've done her Walk On sets as rotations and her Walk Strong 1 so far. I liked the Walk Strong the best, as I prefer strength workouts to cardio these days. I'd say this was my Favorite.

Donna
Old 01-11-19, 11:43 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

These are paper workouts I've done at the gym. I don't think I've ever completed a DVD rotation.

Best - Strong and Revamp both gave me great results (both strength and fat loss) and had good variety.

Most effective - I'm going to put Drop Two Sizes here because it's my go-to for restarting from a slump. I can do it at home, at the gym or on the road (once did the Phase 2 workouts using a kettlebell and picnic bench in a motel parking lot!) and it has little dread factor for me.

Least effective for me - The Lift Like A Girl book is great for beginners to strength training but the rotation was too beginner for me.

Worst - I'm still irritated that I paid full price for Firm BSS2 and ended up just giving it all away since no one would trade for it. I also don't like rotations that use too much equipment, too complicated, can't be easily adapted or the workouts are more than about 90 minutes long.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-19, 11:48 AM  
prettyinpink

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
Susan-that’s what barre is for me. It makes my quads overdeveloped, hurts my lower back, and gives my saddle bags. I’ve never had saddle bags except when doing SBF. And I loved her workouts. So if Pilates doesn’t work for you so be it. All our bodies are so different, aren’t they.
Plus, like you said, we are looking for different results at different times in our life and we each have different bodies and different goals.

It’s never “just the workouts”, even when we might think it is. It is mindset, how we eat, even in small ways, in quality of sleep, in what else is going on in life, that effect results. Sometimes we aren’t doing the exercises effectively, even when we think we are and giving it our best effort. Sometimes the exercise regimen itself makes us more or less aware of our eating habits or makes it harder to control intake.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-19, 11:58 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyinpink View Post
Plus, like you said, we are looking for different results at different times in our life and we each have different bodies and different goals.

It’s never “just the workouts”, even when we might think it is. It is mindset, how we eat, even in small ways, in quality of sleep, in what else is going on in life, that effect results. Sometimes we aren’t doing the exercises effectively, even when we think we are and giving it our best effort. Sometimes the exercise regimen itself makes us more or less aware of our eating habits or makes it harder to control intake.
Well said!

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-19, 01:53 PM  
donnamp

While I don't necessarily see "visible" results from doing Pilates (but I rarely see visible results from doing anything - perhaps it is the lifestyle components - nutrition, sleep, etc. that I need to change in order to see those types of changes!) I do find that a regular Pilates practice reduces pain and injuries for me and therefore makes the other workouts I am doing along with Pilates more enjoyable and effective (not having to take weeks off to nurse an injury, etc.).

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blood type workouts, effective workouts, peripheral heart action, rotations, unplugged