Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-16, 03:09 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post
I have Perfect 10, I like it but it's not talked about much. It has 4 different workouts that are around a half hour each. There are some unique exercises that haven't popped up in her other workouts, maybe that's why I like it.

I had Good N Strong years ago but traded it away. I have though about reacquiring it but it's a little long for me, probably why I haven't picked up Sculpture again either. I have two of the Unplugged DVDs which remind me of a shorter version of GNS without the music. I will probably just stick with those.

Hopefully others will chime in with their thoughts!
With the sale I'm really tempted to get both of them. I'm back with Margaret and adding on walking and barre. I've also started experimenting with the callanetics streaming as add ons. I've gotten better results over the past few weeks doing this than when I was trying to lift heavier several days a week. I still love Cathe and will probably pull in Cathe Live for variety.
~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-16, 08:19 PM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethlakey View Post
With the sale I'm really tempted to get both of them. I'm back with Margaret and adding on walking and barre. I've also started experimenting with the callanetics streaming as add ons. I've gotten better results over the past few weeks doing this than when I was trying to lift heavier several days a week. I still love Cathe and will probably pull in Cathe Live for variety.
~Beth
Great idea - do it. I love both so much I couldn't pick just one between those two [Perfect 10 and Good 'n Strong].

One day I'd like to try Cathe too, but she has so many DVDs it gives me a headache even attempting to pick only one to start. (Which is a must for me since I'm not sure if I'd even like Cathe's style).
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-16, 10:33 PM  
JENILU

On the Classics clip (and I have also seen this scenery on All my best) they are on something like a boat dock? Could y'all please let me know which one that is? Thankyou!

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-16, 06:00 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENILU View Post
On the Classics clip (and I have also seen this scenery on All my best) they are on something like a boat dock? Could y'all please let me know which one that is? Thankyou!
High Voltage, another Margaret workout that isn't talked about a whole lot, one of my favorites though. HV and 40 & Fabulous are the main reasons I bought that DVD. I don't use the others much.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-16, 06:10 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
~Beth
I really need to do more Margaret. Maybe every few weeks throw in a Margaret week or two. I feel that I still need heavier lifting though too, although my heavier weights are becoming more moderate these days.
Old 09-24-16, 06:27 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotted zebra View Post
Great idea - do it. I love both so much I couldn't pick just one between those two [Perfect 10 and Good 'n Strong].

One day I'd like to try Cathe too, but she has so many DVDs it gives me a headache even attempting to pick only one to start. (Which is a must for me since I'm not sure if I'd even like Cathe's style).
Cathe is known for her advanced hard core workouts. I used her DVDs a lot from 2004-07 but after a while just burnt out on them and sold most of them off, just keeping a couple and honestly they haven't been used much.

Not that long ago, she released her ICE series which is Intermediate Conditioning Extreme. I took a chance and bought it. I really like it, there are 7 workouts but there are loads of premixes and add ons as well (Blizzard Blasts, Icy Cores and Muscle Meltdowns). I am going to get a ton of use out of this series. I hadn't bought a whole series from Cathe before, I made a good choice with this one.

Cathe also has a few workouts that are beginner/intermediate level. I recently reacquired her High Step Circuit, Total Body Sculpting which is on her Low Impact Step DVD. There is also Body Fusion which is with her Basic Step DVD. Some of these are step which might not be what you are looking for.

I like Cathe but without the dread factor. So the fact that she is releasing more intermediate workouts is good news for me.

Cathe's website has nice video clips www.cathe.com. Total Fitness DVDs does as well. Take a look and see if there is anything that you might like.
Old 09-24-16, 09:54 AM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

My heavier weights are becoming more moderate too and I sometimes struggle with fatigue. I love ICE and think it's good to mix it up. When I decided to switch back to Margaret for awhile and keep it simple, walking, some barre, etc., I reached my goal weight range pretty quickly. It may be because I was less hungry and not snacking as much. I haven't had a chance to try much of Cathe Live but it looks very promising. So I may do something like 2 weeks of Margaret, week of Cathe, or possibly pull in a leg day per week from Xtrain or another favorite.

~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-16, 12:12 PM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post
High Voltage, another Margaret workout that isn't talked about a whole lot, one of my favorites though. HV and 40 & Fabulous are the main reasons I bought that DVD. I don't use the others much.
Thankyou so much!! I may have to aquire that set when able!! Why now, do older workouts like that look so peaceful?

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-16, 12:32 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENILU View Post
Thankyou so much!! I may have to aquire that set when able!! Why now, do older workouts like that look so peaceful?
If she has a 40% off sale that might be a good time to grab it. I think I got mine during a 30 or 35% sale a couple years ago.

If I had to choose a favorite Margaret workout, it would probably be High Voltage, I like the scenery and I just find it to be a very calming workout. I even like the cheesy music!
Old 09-24-16, 12:39 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
My heavier weights are becoming more moderate too and I sometimes struggle with fatigue. I love ICE and think it's good to mix it up. When I decided to switch back to Margaret for awhile and keep it simple, walking, some barre, etc., I reached my goal weight range pretty quickly. It may be because I was less hungry and not snacking as much. I haven't had a chance to try much of Cathe Live but it looks very promising. So I may do something like 2 weeks of Margaret, week of Cathe, or possibly pull in a leg day per week from Xtrain or another favorite.

~Beth
I should be doing Margaret workouts right now, but I can't pry myself away from ICE. I will have to try. I lost some weight a few years back and have kept most of it off but some pounds are creeping back on. Maybe I need to do Margaret, walking and some simple step for a while and see what happens. My back end also needs serious aid right now, Margaret might just be the RX!

Tags
beauty to the bone, favorite margaret richard, getting better, margaret richard, triple threat