Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-16, 01:23 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

I am really tempted to just do Margaret DVDs for a while, and combine it with walking (either Leslie or outdoors) and yoga with a little pilates thrown in.

Lately I put in a DVD and 10 minutes in I am really not into it, 9 times out of 10 I end up doing a Margaret workout. I just got a couple of her Unplugged DVDs, if I like these I will probably order a couple more. Aside from that I am pretty set with what I have from her, I still debate on Good N Strong and Sculpture but have already owned those and traded both away. So maybe I should just stick with what I have.

I enjoy my heavier weight training too, but less than I used to, and my heavy weights are being more moderate as I age. I just really enjoy Margaret. I always dismissed the Unplugged but they have the same nice scenery that I liked about Good N Strong but the workouts are shorter.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-16, 01:43 PM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post
I am really tempted to just do Margaret DVDs for a while, and combine it with walking (either Leslie or outdoors) and yoga with a little pilates thrown in.
Me too. I was intrigued when a VFer said in a thread she's been doing Margaret Richard nonstop for the last several years. When I read that I thought yes, she's on to something there! If there's any one instructor I could see myself working out with for a longer period of time it would be Margaret. Add in her newer outdoor workouts for visual interest and I'm set. (The only thing mostly missing for me before). In my case I'd also add qigong and rebounding, my outdoor walks, and maybe sometimes Classical Stretch too. I'd be more than happy to put most of my DVDs on hold. It's not like they'd be going anywhere. I'd like to focus on strength more now than I have in the past and Margaret is the one to get me to where I want to be.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-16, 03:27 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Are there any actual Margaret rotations?

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-16, 04:26 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Are there any actual Margaret rotations?
Day 1 - you put a 60 minute MR in and do the whole hour.

Day 2 - you do a 25 minute Unplugged and hope it doesn't have glute/hamstrings combo.

Day 3 - you go for a gentle walk and find a yoga video that stretches the hamstrings.

Day 4 - you put in a 60 minute Margaret but do upper body only.

Day 5 - you feel great and go for a power walk; put the DVD back in and do the lower body.

Day 6 - you take a break and do a low impact cardio or Pilates or whatever you want.

Day 7 - your lower body still hurts too much so you do the upper body half hour of another Margaret DVD and maybe a walking workout.

Day 8 - you do the lower body half. It's okay if you call Margaret a bad name.

Day 9 - you attempt to power walk and decide it's okay to take a light day.

Day 10 - you do a 25 minute Unplugged and cry because it has glutes/hamstrings combo.

Day 11 - you open VF and discover there's a Margaret sale and you say "Damn it now I have to get Sculpture."

Repeat.
Pat58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-16, 04:28 PM  
sherry7899

Pat- love it!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-16, 06:54 PM  
donnamp

LOL, Pat I think I found my new rotation!
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-16, 07:12 PM  
MsThistlebottom

Pat, you are hilarious! I'm stealing that rotation!

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-16, 07:18 PM  
spotted zebra

That's brilliant, Pat.

Here's another thread on the subject of Margaret Richard rotations.

http://www.videofitness.com/~vfwnk/f...d.php?t=185454
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-16, 07:39 PM  
agatha
VF Supporter

You nailed it, Pat!!
agatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-16, 10:05 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Day 1 - you put a 60 minute MR in and do the whole hour.

Day 2 - you do a 25 minute Unplugged and hope it doesn't have glute/hamstrings combo.

Day 3 - you go for a gentle walk and find a yoga video that stretches the hamstrings.

Day 4 - you put in a 60 minute Margaret but do upper body only.

Day 5 - you feel great and go for a power walk; put the DVD back in and do the lower body.

Day 6 - you take a break and do a low impact cardio or Pilates or whatever you want.

Day 7 - your lower body still hurts too much so you do the upper body half hour of another Margaret DVD and maybe a walking workout.

Day 8 - you do the lower body half. It's okay if you call Margaret a bad name.

Day 9 - you attempt to power walk and decide it's okay to take a light day.

Day 10 - you do a 25 minute Unplugged and cry because it has glutes/hamstrings combo.

Day 11 - you open VF and discover there's a Margaret sale and you say "Damn it now I have to get Sculpture."

Repeat.
That is priceless, Pat!

Shall we call it Margaret's Killing Me Softly rotation?

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
good 'n strong, margaret richard, margaret richard results, margaret richard success, results, sculpture, triple threat