Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-16, 09:55 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Yes Beth, most of Margaret's hour long, split workouts are arranged and chaptered in volumes and programs. Each program is 30 minutes and usually follows a split of upper body and abs for program A, then lower body for program B.

Her compilation and "best of" workouts are usually 25 minutes each and hit a variety of body parts, but are arranged so that if you do workout 1 and workout 2 on consecutive days you'll get a full body workout over the two days. Hope that makes sense!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-16, 10:05 AM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Yes, that's perfect. I want to pull a rotation together of Margaret videos and Joyce Vedral paper workouts for variety, and I'll probably add on barre or CS.

~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-16, 01:50 PM  
spotted zebra

For anyone who wishes they'd ordered DVDs on the weekend but didn't, Margaret is now offering a buy two DVDs, get one free sale now thru Sunday.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-16, 02:07 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I wish Margaret would take PayPal!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-16, 07:08 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

I wish she would have extended the 40% off. I would love to have Good For You.
~Beth
Old 06-09-16, 07:48 PM  
spotted zebra

So what did people order? I got: Good for You, Strong & Limber, My Body of Work Unplugged, & Fitness Becomes You, and at the last minute I added in Good 'n Strong (which I wasn't going to initially because of the length but now hearing more about it, I'm glad I did).
Old 06-09-16, 08:07 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

What's the main difference between Good for You and Good 'n Strong? I get confused between the two of them.

~Beth
Old 06-09-16, 09:03 PM  
spotted zebra

I'd like to know the differences between Good for You and Good 'n Strong too, from those who have seen both. I only know the basics - that Good for You is four 30-min programs vs. Good 'n Strong being two 60-min programs. And the different outdoor locations where they were filmed. When I saw the clip of Good for You at Collage Video it was number one on my list of DVDs I wanted to order this weekend. Not sure why - the shorter programs and proximity to water, I think. I'd love for anyone who has both to chime in with more info as it will likely be two weeks before they arrive on my doorstep.

http://www.collagevideo.com/products...s-good-for-you

Edited to add - The other noticeable difference in the clips is the music. I prefer the music on the Good for You clips. But all that said, it would be funny if I end up preferring Good 'n Strong!
Old 06-09-16, 09:14 PM  
videofit

Good 'n' Strong looks like the Unplugged series. Shot in her backyard by the creek. Two good, full body strength workouts.

Good for You was done a few years after (I think just after her divorce), shot at one of the Finger Lakes in NY State. I like that one because Margaret is more relaxed and chatty while killing you. Those triceps. Yikes! The standing hamstrings. Yikes! I think it's while she's doing biceps that she keeps looking off camera and says, "If I seem a little distracted it's because that cat just followed a squirrel up a tree. What's he going to do with him when he gets him?" I've done these workouts so many times I need to amuse myself!
Old 06-09-16, 09:16 PM  
videofit

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotted zebra View Post
I got: ... Strong & Limber...
I call this the Ricky Ricardo workout because it looks like it was shot at the Tropicana Club. I Love Lucy fans know what I mean!

Tags
1900 unplugged, 2000 unplugged, margaret richard, margaret richard download, margaret richard sale, skilljar, unplugged