Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-05-16, 03:23 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethlakey View Post
Does anyone have the Classics and like them? I've read they are very challenging. I have Beauty to the Bone, All My Best 1 & 2, Getting Better and Sculpture.

~Beth
Beth - I have the Classics and so far I've only tried the Body Electric workout, and I absolutely love it. You get a great full body workout in 40 minutes. I hear Home Improvement is tough - need to go through the others soon!

I've been looking at the selections. I don't think I "need" the Unpluggeds. Fitness Becomes You is not inspiring me, all of those exercises are represented on other DVDs which I own. Muscle & Grace - have enough of it via My Body of Work. Other than that, I own them all now.

Except for ... Maggie. Yeah, that's the campy, early era spandex aerobics one in the Tallahassee nightclub and the "boxing" workout. I don't mind the camp and the spandex - but are these good workouts, anyone? If they are fun - I'll adopt Maggie.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-16, 03:26 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Beth - I have the Classics and so far I've only tried the Body Electric workout, and I absolutely love it. You get a great full body workout in 40 minutes. I hear Home Improvement is tough - need to go through the others soon!
Thanks! I looked and sure enough the discount was also applied to the downloads; I took advantage of it to get the Classics. Oh, and I forgot I also have Muscle and Grace. I'm going through a rotation of Hammer and Chisel right now and am experiencing a bit of achy knees. I think Margaret and CS are just what I need after I finish this rotation, if I make it through.

~Beth
ealakey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-16, 03:29 PM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethlakey View Post
Does anyone have the Classics and like them? I've read they are very challenging. I have Beauty to the Bone, All My Best 1 & 2, Getting Better and Sculpture.

~Beth
I previously got the Classics because (1) I love the really retro workouts (which not everyone would), and (2) tough (and I mean tough) lower body work especially on Home Improvement, which is what I was looking for at the time. Now several years later I tend to do the other 3 retro workouts on Classics more often. Classics will always be a favourite for me.

You have Sculpture which is known to be tough, especially for upper body work. Classics would compliment that nicely for the lower body if you aren't bothered by how retro they are.

Edit - oh I see you got it already! That was fast. I'll have to wait by slow mail for the DVDs I ordered today to arrive.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-16, 04:26 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

I like the Classics DVD as well, 40 & Fabulous and High Voltage are my favorites. I tried Body Electric fairly recently and liked that one too overall. Have not tried Home Improvement, maybe someday.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-16, 10:07 PM  
spotted zebra

Thank you to the OP for starting this thread, since I seldom think to go to the Bargain Forum. You can't beat 40% off.
Old 06-06-16, 12:20 PM  
videofit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post
I like the Classics DVD as well, 40 & Fabulous and High Voltage are my favorites.
Those are my two faves on that DVD as well. I like working out in the marina!
Old 06-06-16, 03:26 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Nobody has thoughts on the two Maggie workouts?
Old 06-06-16, 07:06 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Pat58, years ago, I had the boxing one on VHS. It was funny to watch a big muscular guy exhaling with the exertion of lifting 3 lb weights. The man could act. It didn't do anything for me. I was unaware of the Tallahassee nightclub.

I ordered Good for You, and it's due to reading videofit's tag line so often.

I didn't appreciate the $6 to mail one DVD but oh well.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-16, 07:52 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Thanks for the feedback on the boxing one, Cynthia. I don't think I "need" Maggie.

Unless the day comes when I decide to start on Unpluggeds - I'm replete with all the Margaret I need!
Old 06-07-16, 09:02 AM  
spotted zebra

I'm more curious about Body Shaping, which was made about a year after Body Electric first came on air so it would be her most retro DVD program yet. It was never released on VHS.

Tags
1900 unplugged, 2000 unplugged, margaret richard, margaret richard download, margaret richard sale, skilljar, unplugged