Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-16, 01:35 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good 'n Strong is one of my favorites by Margaret.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-16, 04:00 PM  
Sara1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ525 View Post
I was also contemplating Triple Threat and Good N' Strong, aside from being longer workouts would I need them since I just got the Unplugged Series? From the clips the exercises look about the same.
Good N Strong has a different setting and a different feel to it from the Unplugged, which are from the TV show. I really like Good N Strong but I think the moves are pretty similar. It's Margaret alone in a beautiful resort.

Triple Threat is 6 segments of upper body and 6 segments of lower body. It's in a lovely setting with falling leaves. It's different from her other workouts in that most mix some upper and some lower in the same workouts. These you do either an hour of upper or an hour of lower or you can divide each one hour workout into two workouts.

I think the great thing about Margaret's workouts is that although they are all pretty similar, at least all the ones set outside are, they are different enough that you can do one every day and not get tired of them.
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-16, 04:03 PM  
sherry7899

Question

Margaret's dvds are chaptered by exercise so it is very easy to create your own workout.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-16, 06:08 PM  
MJ525

Thank you for your opinions it doesn't take much to convince me, I'm sold
MJ525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-16, 07:39 PM  
videofit

You can get a feel for each workout by watching the clips.

The Unplugged outdoor workouts, Triple Threat and Good n Strong were shot on her former property in NY state as far as I know.

Spark was shot in Massachusetts at the de Cordova Museum

Good For You shot in NY state Finger Lakes district at Cayuga Lake.

Fitness Becomes You was shot in multiple locations, not all outdoors. I think one was a botanical garden. Because Heidi is the background exerciser and her neighbor in NY, I'm guessing they were done locally.
Old 06-04-16, 07:49 PM  
spotted zebra

Here's a thread with a wonderful comparison of most of Margaret's workouts. The out-of-print & only available on VHS workouts at that time are of course on DVD now.

http://www.videofitness.com/~vfwnk/f...d.php?t=149055
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-16, 09:15 PM  
Sara1000

Right, I was mixing up Good N Strong and Good for You.
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-16, 10:47 AM  
Margot

Thank you all for the info on the different DVDs and the link to the other thread was really helpful, thanks Spotted Zebra.

Theresa from BodyElectric has kindly entered the strength code for digital downloads, so I was able to get my 40% discount, yeah! I've just downloaded Good 'n Strong and am still debating on what else I should get before the offer expires.

Thanks for your kind thoughts Taramisu and MJ525 on my cat. He's 16 now and minus a front tooth, so not quite as handsome as he was when the photo was taken! Still, I hope I look that good if and when I reach his age (in cat years).

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the weekend.
Old 06-05-16, 10:59 AM  
spotted zebra

Margot, thanks, I've bumped that other thread as it helped me make up my mind, and Pam went to a lot of effort to post all that information. I love the picture of your kitty too, how adorable.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-16, 02:59 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Does anyone have the Classics and like them? I've read they are very challenging. I have Beauty to the Bone, All My Best 1 & 2, Getting Better and Sculpture.

~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1900 unplugged, 2000 unplugged, margaret richard, margaret richard download, margaret richard sale, skilljar, unplugged